Should Gingrich Withdraw Now to Get Out of Santorums Way?

Should Gingrich Drop Out to not Split conservative vote against Romney?

• No, Gingrich should not withdraw

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Yes Gingrich should withdraw but for other reasons

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Yes Gingrich should get out of Santoums way

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I dunno

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Now the shoe is on the other foot. It is Santorum that is the by far major nonRomney candidate and Newt would appear to be the spoiler.

When the situation was reversed Gingrich argued that Santorum was helping Romney get the nomination and for the good of the conservative cause Santorum should drop out.

Now that the same logic would apply to Gingrich dropping out, should he?

No. I think Newt should stay in. Who know. He may make a comeback.

Of course money is a problem for him so he may HAVE to drop out.

Santorum or Mitt. I could vote for either one.

No, why should he?

He is, if nothing else, insuring that he'll be able to sell books after the election.

I mean you don't really think that any of these guys really give a shit about their party or their nation, do ya?

More than they care about themselves, I mean.

What? Withdraw?

But there's STILL so MUCH damage he can do!

He's not done with Mittens yet.
And I bet he has some SPECIAL revenge planned for Frothy Rick now.

NO!

With all four in the race to the end, as it looks now, no one will accumulate the delegates needed for a first ballot nomination. Lets have an open convention and see if someone else comes out of the convention as the nominee. Because none of these 4 are instilling any enthusiasm in the electorate.

Santorum for all his clean sweep didn't get any delegates because none of these caucuses awarded delegates so let's see what happens.

What? Withdraw?

But there's STILL so MUCH damage he can do!

He's not done with Mittens yet.
And I bet he has some SPECIAL revenge planned for Frothy Rick now.

Gingrich can't do negtative because the more he does the more people hate him.
He has a real nasty demeanor....... he comes off as a real bastard.

the delegate fight is between romney and Paul. Both Newt and Rick should go home. There is always the speaking and book circ.

The one thing this bloody fight between Newt and Romney did was toughen up the parties. Romney has learned to be vicious, really vicious, he has learned to not flinch when he draws political blood and that will be necessary in fighting obama.

The one thing this bloody fight between Newt and Romney did was toughen up the parties. Romney has learned to be vicious, really vicious, he has learned to not flinch when he draws political blood and that will be necessary in fighting obama.

Don't kid yourself. Romney was always vicious. He didn't get filthy rich through altruism.

I think he should, since I don't think he should have been in the race to begin with.

Santorum, as religious right as he is, one of the Two men in the race with any realistic scrupuls. The other being Paul.

Out of the three with a chance, I'd pick Rick over any of them.

Prior to the results in Missouri, I'd thought for sure that Newt and Rick had such a lock on their candidates that if either dropped out there wouldn't be a shift.

Now, with the Missouri results you can demonstrably see that if Newt dropped out, the nominee would be Rick. Rick would pick up all of Newt's support and trounce Romney. It's time for Newt to go home.

the delegate fight is between romney and Paul. Both Newt and Rick should go home. There is always the speaking and book circ.

What in Gods name are you talking about?

Paul is running dead last in delegates, so how... oh, never mind.

Depends on his goal. If his goal is to defeat Romney, then yes he probably should.

Of course, that would presume he cares more about that than he cares about himself. Im not sure I believe that.

He wont withdrawal because his ego wont allow him to.

Forum List

Back