Should Geithner be fired?

I think so...he said the credit rating would not be downgraded. He clearly has no grasp on the situation and by proxy has no place being in such a high position of power. Obama's lapdog has to go.

All you need to know (from April 2011):
Peter Barnes “Is there a risk that the United States could lose its AAA credit rating? Yes or no?”
Geithner’s response: “No risk of that.”
“No risk?” Barnes asked.
“No risk,” Geithner said.

LOL! This is like an episode of The Twilight Zone.

Geithner certainly never realistically considered that tea party kooks would hold America hostage on the debt ceiling vote while the world looked on in disbelief.

Geithner warned what was at stake, didn't he? And what was the response from many on the right? It was the equivalent of Bush saying "Bring 'em on" regarding insurgents attacking American troops.

Even that loon, Michele Bachman, voted against the compromise measure in the House. That begs the question of what she would have done if she was president. Would she actually have vetoed the bill? Where would America be then?
I would hope she would first dismantle obamacare, then actually cut 4 trillion from budget. Then we would be in a lot better place than where we are now under the current idiot in charge.

I think so...he said the credit rating would not be downgraded. He clearly has no grasp on the situation and by proxy has no place being in such a high position of power. Obama's lapdog has to go.

Peter Barnes “Is there a risk that the United States could lose its AAA credit rating? Yes or no?”
“No risk?” Barnes asked.

Of course not. He has to say that. Just like Bush had to say the economy was fundamentally strong nearing the end of his term.

Politicians have to lie to the markets. If Geithner said "I expect the US to get downgraded," the market would begin to act as if it were about to get downgraded, even if there was no downgrade yet. It would be extremely irresponsible of him to say that he believed otherwise.

IT IS IRRESPONSIBLE he has been making policy speech's to begin with. I dont recall any previous secretaries being on TV so much. DO YOU?

The left has tried to politicize money policy. Now they get to own it.

“No risk?” Barnes asked.

Of course not. He has to say that. Just like Bush had to say the economy was fundamentally strong nearing the end of his term.

Politicians have to lie to the markets. If Geithner said "I expect the US to get downgraded," the market would begin to act as if it were about to get downgraded, even if there was no downgrade yet. It would be extremely irresponsible of him to say that he believed otherwise.
So he lies to prevent what happened anyway? Right

I'm of two minds. Geithner, if he had a shred of decency, would resign (my preference)...but as he doesn't he won't. So, as he has no decency, he might as well preside over the wreckage he helped wrought until after the 2012 election. Hopefully, he'll be a constant reminder of the Epic Fail of Obamanomics, and we'll achieve Regime Change.

Geithner certainly never realistically considered that tea party kooks would hold America hostage on the debt ceiling vote while the world looked on in disbelief.

Geithner warned what was at stake, didn't he? And what was the response from many on the right? It was the equivalent of Bush saying "Bring 'em on" regarding insurgents attacking American troops.

Even that loon, Michele Bachman, voted against the compromise measure in the House. That begs the question of what she would have done if she was president. Would she actually have vetoed the bill? Where would America be then?
I would hope she would first dismantle obamacare, then actually cut 4 trillion from budget. Then we would be in a lot better place than where we are now under the current idiot in charge.

You talk about cutting $4 Trillion from the budget as if it's little more than an accounting move.

$4 Trillion dollars likely represents millions of jobs both in and out of gov't.

You talk about cutting $4 Trillion from the budget as if it's little more than an accounting move.

$4 Trillion dollars likely represents millions of jobs both in and out of gov't.

Mainly governement jobs which are a net drain on the economy.

I'm all for firing Timmy, but whats the point when yet another Fed Reserve goon will fill his spot. It'll be more the same instead of real change. #justsayin

POLITICO Breaking News
-------------------------------------------------
Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner will stay at his post through the fall and the reelection campaign, a source close to the matter told POLITICO.

Forum List

Back