Should gays get paid more?

In other words, the company will be paying homosexual employees who include domestic partners on their health insurance plans more money to make up for the federal taxes they pay on that benefit. (Married couples don't have to pay taxes on spousal health benefits.)

But under Google's new policy, the company isn't offering any extra pay to heterosexual domestic partners, because it says heterosexual employees have the option of avoiding the tax by getting married.
Sounds to me like they are getting hosed by the gov't and Google is making up the difference.

Non married heterosexuals are getting hosed too, why not make up for that?

Better yet, just eliminate government tax deductions and use a flat tax based sol0ly on earnings. Get rid of special treatment based on anything in the tax code and actually get equal pay for equal work.

Wanna bet if they'd done it only for the straights, the ACLU would be up in arms? Since the discrimination favours the gays, though, I'd be surprised if we heard a peep unless they're confronted about it.

lol ...

This policy is a result of discrimination against homosexuals.

Lose that discrimination first.
This policy is the result of idiocy, not discrimination. Maybe you should just accept the reality that the world is not fair, and stop trying to fix what isn't broken. Not everything that happens is discrimination. Once the Left realizes that life will be a lot easier for everyone.

Wanna bet if they'd done it only for the straights, the ACLU would be up in arms? Since the discrimination favours the gays, though, I'd be surprised if we heard a peep unless they're confronted about it.

lol ...

This policy is a result of discrimination against homosexuals.

Lose that discrimination first.
This policy is the result of idiocy, not discrimination. Maybe you should just accept the reality that the world is not fair, and stop trying to fix what isn't broken. Not everything that happens is discrimination. Once the Left realizes that life will be a lot easier for everyone.

You call it idiocy, I call it discrimination. Whatever the name, it's wrong and it's broken. Give gay couples equal rights under the law and this shit doesn't happen. It's that simple.

They should do this only if they agree to also pay taxes for heterosexual couples who shack up.

Why?

If they want to duck the taxes all they have to do is make the CHOICE (the one gay couples don't have) to get married.

Does that mean you support forced marriages?

Sorry but I am not going to allow you to try and frame the debate to your liking.

Gay couples don't have the same rights as heteros, that's the issue here and that's why this happened.

In other words, the company will be paying homosexual employees who include domestic partners on their health insurance plans more money to make up for the federal taxes they pay on that benefit. (Married couples don't have to pay taxes on spousal health benefits.)

But under Google's new policy, the company isn't offering any extra pay to heterosexual domestic partners, because it says heterosexual employees have the option of avoiding the tax by getting married.
Sounds to me like they are getting hosed by the gov't and Google is making up the difference.

Non married heterosexuals are getting hosed too, why not make up for that?

Because they can get hitched and get the break anytime they want. They have the choice, gays don't.

Better yet, just eliminate government tax deductions and use a flat tax based sol0ly on earnings. Get rid of special treatment based on anything in the tax code and actually get equal pay for equal work.

I'm against the flat tax but I get your point. Unfortunately, that isn't how things work.

Chanel, you should really stop making sensationalist threads that turn out to be completely the opposite of what you're saying.

Thanks for the advice modbert, but my "sensationalist titles" often get a lot of hits. As a representative of USMB, you should thank me.

You're welcome. :lol:

Oh and modbert - I'm not the only one phrasing it this way. From the liberal rag MSNBC
Google plans to pay gay employees more

Do you think Google should pay its gay employees more?
* Yes, Google is doing the right thing since gay workers have to pay an extra tax married couples do not pay.
* No, this sets up a two-tiered pay system and it is unfar.
* I don't work there so it's none of my business.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38037689/ns/business-us_business/

Last edited:
The implication here is simple: now straight couples who are not married are being denied a benefit. It's reverse discrimination. Sure, the law that prevents gays from marrying sucks. But you can't discriminate against others because of it. It's pretty stupid, actually. Google surely will face some litigation if they go through with this.

Forum List

Back