Should Gary Johnson be in the debates?

Should Johnson be permitted to debate with Mitt/Barack?

• Yes, Americans need to know there are more than two views.

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Yes, It would allow Obama and/or Romney to better defend and sell their positions

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • No, he poses a serious risk to Obama/Romney and I support Obama/Romney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, This is a two party system and third parties should never be tolerated.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Liberty

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2009
colorado
Or are the main stream candidates too weak to debate true opposition to big-government and corporatism dictating the actions of Presidents?

You can tell by my signature that I'm a Johnson supporter. Would I like to see him in the debates? Yes. Will it make a bit of difference in the outcome of the election? No.

No. For one thing, too few people care to hear what Johnson has to say. The only thing he could possibly do is waste time, just like Ron Paul did in the primary debates. Eventually anyone that wanted to hear substance just wished he'd shut up and the debate could move on to those with something to say.

You can tell by my signature that I'm a Johnson supporter. Would I like to see him in the debates? Yes. Will it make a bit of difference in the outcome of the election? No.

I appreciate that you support Johnson, this thread is more to see if Obama/Romney supporters are afraid of him if he is given a position in the spotlight next month.

No. For one thing, too few people care to hear what Johnson has to say. The only thing he could possibly do is waste time, just like Ron Paul did in the primary debates. Eventually anyone that wanted to hear substance just wished he'd shut up and the debate could move on to those with something to say.

I disagree, Johnson is more liberal than Obama on social issues and more conservative than Romney on fiscal issues. I think that means he is a legitimate third voice to a debate and a people that really deserves to hear that voice. Johnson and Paul are similar, but Johnson is much more articulate and personable than Paul....and he is on the ballot in 50 states + PR, that alone makes him deserving of being int he debates to be quite honest.

for this election thats not the case Liberty, i think this is more of the republicans trying to bring it together and be a force because liberalism was on a very big wave. Johnson is okay but he can be a good guy and let this be Romneys fight to win. ITs not a parties fault if people dont want to join or hear from them, its just the way things are and PEOPLE are to blame.

I'd like to see Johnson and Stein in the debates to offer truly alternate ideas to the two corporate lackeys.

for this election thats not the case Liberty, i think this is more of the republicans trying to bring it together and be a force because liberalism was on a very big wave. Johnson is okay but he can be a good guy and let this be Romneys fight to win. ITs not a parties fault if people dont want to join or hear from them, its just the way things are and PEOPLE are to blame.

nah the MSM had it out for both paul and johnson in the primary debates...Paul friggin won Iowa, his delegates were shunned at the RNC, it's obvious there is behind the scenes factors at work to shut libertarians and libertarian leaning republicans up. The American people should not tolerate this based on principle.

I'd like to see Johnson and Stein in the debates to offer truly alternate ideas to the two corporate lackeys.

to accomplish what? people arent interested in "the good guy" candidante they want the lies, they want the empty suits, this is what they want.

to accomplish what? people arent interested in "the good guy" candidante they want the lies, they want the empty suits, this is what they want.

To accomplish what? How about waking people up to the ridiculous notion that America can only have two political views?

To accomplish what? How about waking people up to the ridiculous notion that America can only have two political views?

and again read this twice, "thats what the people want" i dont agree with it but accept it when people want the other party they will start looking in that direction. until than accept the fact that this is what the people want, any other answer wont fit the puzzle.

The people don't know what they want because they haven't been exposed to anything other than the two party notion.

The people don't know what they want because they haven't been exposed to anything other than the two party notion.

there are other parties, but some people feel they are to small and dont want to work or volunteer and others want to be part of the big fight of the two parties and a lot of people are just soliders, see the current youth.

i would prefer another party but the consitituiton party might be that party but i dont want to join them either.

If Johnson can poll at least 20%, he should be part of the debates. If not, it's stupid to expect that every fringe candidate has a right to participate. I believe the American people want to see how the viable candidates handle thinking on their feet.

Sure, he should be allowed but these dabates are nothing but a "fashion show" for lack of a better word. Gary Johnson has been in a debate forum before and he's terrible TV.

Shame that people who watch these debates aren't really interested in coming away with knowledge.

If Johnson can get up to 5% in the polls he belongs in the debates

Otherwise, he is just a distraction

Forum List

Back