Should Flash-Mob Instigators Do Jail Time?

Instigating a "mob" that results in violence or theft OUGHT to be prosecuted.

But c'mon MudWhistle -- a "hate crime"?? Don't even know what that is IN THIS CONTEXT.

Unless you're referring to specifically targeting victims because of race, sexual predilections, ect..
In that case -- it's STILL not "a hate crime".. It MIGHT be racketeering as proposed or it could be "accessory to whatever the actual crime was"..

How about this one - a flash mob got dressed in light brown Dockers and dark blue golf shirts. Then, one by one, they strolled into a Best Buy until several hundred of them filled the store. As we all know, light brown pants and dark blue shirts is the uniform for the clerks who work at Best Buy.

The manager called the police.

I don't know how it all came out, but what about that? While no crime was actually committed, I can kind of see how the manager could have gotten really nervous which is obviously why he called the police.

How about this one - a flash mob got dressed in light brown Dockers and dark blue golf shirts. Then, one by one, they strolled into a Best Buy until several hundred of them filled the store. As we all know, light brown pants and dark blue shirts is the uniform for the clerks who work at Best Buy.

The manager called the police.

I don't know how it all came out, but what about that? While no crime was actually committed, I can kind of see how the manager could have gotten really nervous which is obviously why he called the police.

The manager would first have to ask the people to leave. If they did not it would be trespass, and at least a violation/misdemeanor.

As a store, the Best Buy can be considered a public place right up to the point the manager asks a person to leave. If they do not comply then I would think charges could be filed.

just because you call it a flash mob does not mean singing and dancing is a flash mob!!the flash mobs the thread is talking about is a bunch of racist running around attacking good people!!

the singing/dancing typeis what actually started the phrase. and since the op didn't offer any guidance all we're left with is assumptions - and those can get you into trouble

for instance, i could assume that you're missing one or more teeth, that you likely barely completed high school, that you're in a menial hourly job - if employed - and that you've never crossed your state line.

could be wrong, but i'll just make the assumption.

More than likely yidnar has not completed middle school, missing pretty much all his teeth, has no job and has never left his backwater piece of shit town in the middle of nowhere.
and more than likely you were born out of wedlock,are a convicted felon,have contracted and spread an STD ,and have an IQ of 75 !!:eusa_angel:

A lot of people - My mom for example - Seem to be getting the impression that a 'Flash mob' by definition performs a criminal act. That's unfortunate, because only the 'bad' flash mobs make the news, the ones in Philly for example.

But a flash mob could be anything. Could be breaking out in dance or song, freezing in unison in a bus station, everyone walking backwards, etc - Anything goofy/funny to make people laugh and/or just stare on all 'wtf.'

Yes, naturally nobody's going to prosecute the organizer of a goofy albeit completely legal flash mob, but if you orchestrate a crime, you should be prosecuted for the same! So yes, of course it depends on what the flash mob does.

the singing/dancing typeis what actually started the phrase. and since the op didn't offer any guidance all we're left with is assumptions - and those can get you into trouble

for instance, i could assume that you're missing one or more teeth, that you likely barely completed high school, that you're in a menial hourly job - if employed - and that you've never crossed your state line.

could be wrong, but i'll just make the assumption.

More than likely yidnar has not completed middle school, missing pretty much all his teeth, has no job and has never left his backwater piece of shit town in the middle of nowhere.
and more than likely you were born out of wedlock,are a convicted felon,have contracted and spread an STD ,and have an IQ of 75 !!:eusa_angel:

Wrong on all counts, as usual.:cool:

A lot of people - My mom for example - Seem to be getting the impression that a 'Flash mob' by definition performs a criminal act. That's unfortunate, because only the 'bad' flash mobs make the news, the ones in Philly for example.

But a flash mob could be anything. Could be breaking out in dance or song, freezing in unison in a bus station, everyone walking backwards, etc - Anything goofy/funny to make people laugh and/or just stare on all 'wtf.'

Yes, naturally nobody's going to prosecute the organizer of a goofy albeit completely legal flash mob, but if you orchestrate a crime, you should be prosecuted for the same! So yes, of course it depends on what the flash mob does.

A good one would be like Monty Pyton's "Silly Walker" convention. A couple of hundred people walking like they have a condition, or a limp, bow-legged, etc.

Should anyone who starts a flash-mob be arrested and charged with a hate-crime?

Under these circumstances I must say yes.....................................................

full-auto-albums-drama-queen-picture3885-holb110823-cmyk20110822081701.jpg

A Philadelphia man who organized a "flash mob" that descended on a Delaware County store in June and stole merchandise has pleaded guilty to his role.

Kyree Marsh, 19, was the only adult to raid the Sears store on 69th Street in Upper Darby on June 23. A group of 15 juveniles, the youngest of them 11, was also charged.

Marsh pleaded guilty Thursday to retail theft and conspiracy, both misdemeanors. He was sentenced to two years probation and 24 hours of community service. He is also forbidden to return to the store, according to court officials.

Man pleads guilty in 'flash mob' smash-and-grab | Philadelphia Inquirer | 09/26/2011

Yeah That'll show 'em. :evil:

Should phone-mob instigators do jail time?

Should UD mail-mob instigators do jail time?

Should carrier-pigeon-mob instigators do jail time?

Should cuneiform-mob instigators do jail time?

About 50 people simultaneously shoplifted from a Silver Spring, Md., 7-Eleven Saturday night.

Officers arriving at the store in the 12200 block of Tech Road after 11:20 p.m. saw several people gathered in surrounding parking lots and on side streets, police said. They began to disperse when police arrived.

The shoplifters -- described as teens and young adults -- took items including snacks and drinks, police said

Flash mob crime in the county has prompted lawmakers to consider teen loitering legislation and a teen curfew.

Flash Mob Shoplifts at Silver Spring 7-Eleven | NBC Washington

The mayor of Phila. initiated a teen curfew law that seems to be working. The Occupy Philly group wants it repealed. They love this shit apparently.

Only if said mob performs an actual crime, and I don't mean loitering or assembing without a permit.

There are some flash mobs that get together in places like the mall or a park and dance a choreographed routine, I like those guys.

Those are funny. I think the one OP is talking about was the one where the 7-11 was robbed. That one people should be prosecuted for. I wonder if the people who set it up did not participate how you would prosecute them? Aiding and abetting? Conspiracy?

Charles Manson never actually killed anyone

A mob of unruly teens last night once again wreaked havoc on Center City, assaulting and robbing random pedestrians.

About 9:15 p.m., police began to receive 9-1-1 calls about a group of 20 to 40 teens assaulting people. Police found a man on the ground bleeding badly from the head at Walnut and Juniper streets. He was taken to Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.

"It's crazy, I've never seen anything like it," Mishico said. "It seems totally random."

At least five people were arrested.

Teen mayhem hits Philly's streets again | Philadelphia Daily News | 07/30/2011

Out past curfew. What the hell is wrong with these parents?

Forum List

Back