should feeding kids processed food be considered child abuse?

I actually bake mine.

Oil...too messy.

But then they're not....fries.

Not that it matters, the point is made that blu is a statist fuckwit. Eat your french bakes any way you please!

I'll fry them if you bring the oil and clean up afterwards.

Srsly...I hate cleaning up after frying something. One of the reasons I rarely make my cubed steaks or chicken parmigiana.

Two items: splatter screen and Dawn. You can fry anything with minimal mess. I rarely fry stuff but it isn't any big deal to clean up.

Not that it matters, the point is made that blu is a statist fuckwit. Eat your french bakes any way you please!

Srsly...I hate cleaning up after frying something. One of the reasons I rarely make my cubed steaks or chicken parmigiana.

Two items: splatter screen and Dawn. You can fry anything with minimal mess. I rarely fry stuff but it isn't any big deal to clean up.

Yeah, but the oil afterwards...and the batter stuck to the bowls, and the flour....

I just prefer grilling. Just throw the crap into the woods for the creatures to feast on.

Yeah, but the oil afterwards...and the batter stuck to the bowls, and the flour....

I just prefer grilling. Just throw the crap into the woods for the creatures to feast on.

Always an excuse with you guys. :rolleyes:

Always an excuse with you guys. :rolleyes:

:lol:

I'd grill a bowl of cereal if I could.

Seriously though, it's kinda 4 way win kind of thing.

1) Good food
2) minimal mess to clean up
3) I drink beer when I grill
4) I read a good book while sitting by the grill

Its kinda my "alone" time...sorta. And everyone eats well.

In single working parent households, or two wage earner households, there isn't always time to cook from scratch. That's a fact of life. So when time is short do you take the shortcut, go without or make everybody live on PB&J? It's not an all the time thing, but there are days when fast food or processed food is better than no food at all - or not feeding the little people till an hour past their usual bedtime.

I agree 100%. Even I as a chef will be bad and get pizza or some other fast food because its just easy at the moment for what ever reason.

The problem is when the "processed food police" want to tell you that you cant do that anymore because its BAD for you.

One of our neighbors only fed their girls buttered bread and grapes. That's not processed food but it sure as hell isn't a well balanced wholesome diet either.

Buttered bread and grapes? That's a weird diet. Sounds like one of those Hollywood fad things. Or a quick after school snack, maybe. But it's not my place to stick my nose in how any kid eats except my own, as long as they aren't neglected or starving. And it's nobody's place to say how my kids eat but mine. Anyone who doesn't like it needs to get over themselves.

Exactly, we looked on, said nothing and commented about it to ourselves later. It wasn't a fad diet that was the path of least resistance. If anything else was suggested it was meltdown time and nothing was eaten at all. So the choices for them were give them what they wanted which was bread with butter and grapes, or having them sulk and not eat.

In single working parent households, or two wage earner households, there isn't always time to cook from scratch. That's a fact of life. So when time is short do you take the shortcut, go without or make everybody live on PB&J? It's not an all the time thing, but there are days when fast food or processed food is better than no food at all - or not feeding the little people till an hour past their usual bedtime.

I agree 100%. Even I as a chef will be bad and get pizza or some other fast food because its just easy at the moment for what ever reason.

The problem is when the "processed food police" want to tell you that you cant do that anymore because its BAD for you.

One of our neighbors only fed their girls buttered bread and grapes. That's not processed food but it sure as hell isn't a well balanced wholesome diet either.

I feed my kids only raw steaks.

Without plates.

And utensils.

On the ground.

kinky

So to summarize:

Blu believes drugs should be legal and fast food should be illegal?

Good grief.

hello simple minded one,

drugs should be legal for people either 18+ or 21+ (probably 21+). not only, "fast food", but all processed food should be illegal to serve kids. if you want to eat that crap after your are an adult than be my guest.

What else do you feel should be illegal for others to allow their children to do? Riding bicycles is dangerous. Riding horses, dangerous. Boy Scouts? Can be dangerous............

Who put you in charge...............

:disbelief::disbelief:

:ack-1::ack-1:

:eusa_think::eusa_think:

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

:lol::lol:

:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

:clap2::clap2:

I feed my kids only raw steaks.

Without plates.

And utensils.

On the ground.

kinky

Thats just how I roll...

Buttered bread and grapes? That's a weird diet. Sounds like one of those Hollywood fad things. Or a quick after school snack, maybe. But it's not my place to stick my nose in how any kid eats except my own, as long as they aren't neglected or starving. And it's nobody's place to say how my kids eat but mine. Anyone who doesn't like it needs to get over themselves.

Exactly, we looked on, said nothing and commented about it to ourselves later. It wasn't a fad diet that was the path of least resistance. If anything else was suggested it was meltdown time and nothing was eaten at all. So the choices for them were give them what they wanted which was bread with butter and grapes, or having them sulk and not eat.

I was a total hardass about the little people eating what was given to them. Still am. No child has ever starved themselves to death by sulking. But what can I say? Not my kids, not my ears, not my choice.

I was a total hardass about the little people eating what was given to them. Still am. No child has ever starved themselves to death by sulking. But what can I say? Not my kids, not my ears, not my choice.

My kids don't eat their dinner, guess whats for breakfast :D

So to summarize:

Blu believes drugs should be legal and fast food should be illegal?

Good grief.

hello simple minded one,

drugs should be legal for people either 18+ or 21+ (probably 21+). not only, "fast food", but all processed food should be illegal to serve kids. if you want to eat that crap after your are an adult than be my guest.

Everyone has an opinion of what is and is not abuse. Everyone has an opinion what is or should constitute abuse. So long as parents are acting within the law it doesn’t matter what you or I think, it is OUR opinion and not theirs. Not everyone’s opinion agree with each other. Personally i feel that toufu and garden burgers should be outlawed as crap. And anything called tofurkey has to be bad for you.

There are many people who think that big brother needs to be a nanny state and legislate what you can and can’t eat. The nation is to obese, the nation eats to much trans fat, the nation eats to much soda, the nation eats to much high fractious corn syrup, the nation eats to much packaged, prepared and fast food.. The list of “bad things” is getting bigger and bigger. It is happening all around you right now.

Do you want laws enacted that will flat out tell you want you can and cannot eat or give your children? Do you want political climate changing the way business run and what they offer? Do you want an obesity tax added on to soda, foods high in sugar and fat, prepared and fast foods, the same way it is added onto cigarettes and liquor?

I think you are going to a bit of extreme with processed foods need to be illegal for anyone under 21. Processed food with moderation and control will not harm children.

Its the same way i feel. This is what we are eating and you may choose to eat it or not, BUT you are not getting something special nor are you getting treats or dessert. Eventually they will eat ;)

Ohhh...I knew I liked you for a reason. :clap2:

And if they don't eat breakfast and it won't cause food poisoning....there's always lunch!

And if they don't eat breakfast and it won't cause food poisoning....there's always lunch!

Yup.

Now, I'm not mean or anything. I don't cook things they don't like and force them to eat it. Say, I grilled chicken breasts for dinner, they throw a fit saying they want mac and cheese.....When they have no problem eating grilled chicken in the past.

My other rule is they must eat at least two bites of new things before they can say they do not like it.

Yup.

Now, I'm not mean or anything. I don't cook things they don't like and force them to eat it. Say, I grilled chicken breasts for dinner, they throw a fit saying they want mac and cheese.....When they have no problem eating grilled chicken in the past.

My other rule is they must eat at least two bites of new things before they can say they do not like it.

For completely new things there is always boring backup food. Very boring. Like PB without the J boring. But yep, we have a three bite rule at our house.

Yup.

For completely new things there is always boring backup food. Very boring. Like PB without the J boring. But yep, we have a three bite rule at our house.

My daughter will not eat a PB&J, must be PB only. She thinks Jelly is gross. It's gotta be a texture thing.

You press your own oil to cook them in?

I actually bake mine.

Oil...too messy.

Ever buy the Oreida Fast Food Fries? Baked 12 minutes they taste every bit as good as fried fries. And all store bought fries have been pre fried before freezing anyway.

I'm all for good health, but some nuts (Blu) want to take things too far.

Yup.

My daughter will not eat a PB&J, must be PB only. She thinks Jelly is gross. It's gotta be a texture thing.

I have a nephew who won't eat the PB, but that's the first time I've heard of a kid who doesn't love the J. I guess the boring backup wouldn't work at your house!

Forum List

Back