should feeding kids processed food be considered child abuse?

Ohhh...I knew I liked you for a reason. :clap2:

And if they don't eat breakfast and it won't cause food poisoning....there's always lunch!

Yup.

Now, I'm not mean or anything. I don't cook things they don't like and force them to eat it. Say, I grilled chicken breasts for dinner, they throw a fit saying they want mac and cheese.....When they have no problem eating grilled chicken in the past.

My other rule is they must eat at least two bites of new things before they can say they do not like it.

For completely new things there is always boring backup food. Very boring. Like PB without the J boring. But yep, we have a three bite rule at our house.

I do, "eat half" deal.... sshh.. i LOAD the plate...push half aside so it looks like they are getting it over on me...and they eat an ok amount when all is said and done. My husband and i just share knowing smiles. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

For completely new things there is always boring backup food. Very boring. Like PB without the J boring. But yep, we have a three bite rule at our house.

My daughter will not eat a PB&J, must be PB only. She thinks Jelly is gross. It's gotta be a texture thing.

I have a nephew who won't eat the PB, but that's the first time I've heard of a kid who doesn't love the J. I guess the boring backup wouldn't work at your house!

The boring backup is either Michelina's Pizza Bites or baked chicken nuggets.

(OH NOES!! The Processedd FOODS?!?)

I actually bake mine.

Oil...too messy.

But then they're not....fries.

Not that it matters, the point is made that blu is a statist fuckwit. Eat your french bakes any way you please!

Ever buy the Oreida Fast Food Fries? Baked 12 minutes they taste every bit as good as fried fries. And all store bought fries have been pre fried before freezing anyway.

I'm all for good health, but some nuts (Blu) want to take things too far.

Having fast food once in a while, or processed shortcuts once in a while, or tater tots once in a while....it's all about moderation. Yeah, I'll take the kids to McD's for breakfast and have something oh-so-bad for me. And then we come home and walk uptown to the farmer's market for fresh fruit and veggies. This is not rocket science.

But I do draw the line personally at powdered mac and cheese. WTF is that stuff?

I actually bake mine.

Oil...too messy.

Not that it matters, the point is made that blu is a statist fuckwit. Eat your french bakes any way you please!

Ever buy the Oreida Fast Food Fries? Baked 12 minutes they taste every bit as good as fried fries. And all store bought fries have been pre fried before freezing anyway.

try these:

Double-Fried French Fries Recipe : Guy Fieri : Food Network

If anyone didn't understand my last post, it was sarcasm.

You know what's worse than being fed processed foods as a child? Being taken away from your parents and placed in the state's custody.

I actually bake mine.

Oil...too messy.

I usually just cut up potatoes and do it.

Having fast food once in a while, or processed shortcuts once in a while, or tater tots once in a while....it's all about moderation. Yeah, I'll take the kids to McD's for breakfast and have something oh-so-bad for me. And then we come home and walk uptown to the farmer's market for fresh fruit and veggies. This is not rocket science.

But I do draw the line personally at powdered mac and cheese. WTF is that stuff?

Adolescent crack.

Powdered mac and cheese kicks ass. Always has, always will. Deluxe with cheese goop in the foil bag is better though.

My kids don't eat their dinner, guess whats for breakfast :D

Ohhh...I knew I liked you for a reason. :clap2:

And if they don't eat breakfast and it won't cause food poisoning....there's always lunch!

Yup.

Now, I'm not mean or anything. I don't cook things they don't like and force them to eat it. Say, I grilled chicken breasts for dinner, they throw a fit saying they want mac and cheese.....When they have no problem eating grilled chicken in the past.

My other rule is they must eat at least two bites of new things before they can say they do not like it.

Yep on that last. My boy was the pickiest eater growing up and would declare he didn't like stuff before he even tried it. Took him awhile, but he eventually caught on that some things taste MUCH better warm than they do cold.

Powdered mac and cheese kicks ass. Always has, always will. Deluxe with cheese goop in the foil bag is better though.

Home made mac and cheese is the easiest thing ever and tastes WAY better than that boxed crap.

The processed foods are a lie.

there's a secret food processor under WTC 7.

that's why the greek orthodox church is being kept from rebuilding.

cheney's behind it

:eusa_shhh:

laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif

Based on the information I know about processed foods and the effects it has on the body, I am leaning towards yes. How to enforce, I am not so sure.

All that will do is open the door for more things the govt deems unacceptable. At some point it may even be something YOU eat or do or buy.
Be careful of a nanny state if you live in it.

Forum List

Back