should feeding kids processed food be considered child abuse?

blu

Sep 21, 2009
Based on the information I know about processed foods and the effects it has on the body, I am leaning towards yes. How to enforce, I am not so sure.

Based on the information I know about processed foods and the effects it has on the body, I am leaning towards yes. How to enforce, I am not so sure.

Just kill all the parents who ever bought their kids a Happy Meal.

Next problem, please.....

My son hardly eats processed foods, but I do get him Happy Meals every once in awhile. Happy Meals are not the problem, it is the parents who buy them for their kids all the time.
Parents stopped making a good dinner for their children, and now buy pre made meals, instead of making it themselves.

My son hardly eats processed foods, but I do get him Happy Meals every once in awhile. Happy Meals are not the problem, it is the parents who buy them for their kids all the time.
Parents stopped making a good dinner for their children, and now buy pre made meals, instead of making it themselves.

Kill them all.

Kill them all.

Fuck yeah!

z.jpg

buying one time is pretty rough.... if becomes a weekly thing than we can talk

buying one time is pretty rough.... if becomes a weekly thing than we can talk

Either you want to solve the problem, or you don't?

Buy a Happy Meal.....you and the kid get the gas (you for killing a child, and the child for being a burden on our healthcare system).

Kill them all. That's the only logical answer.

So to summarize:

Blu believes drugs should be legal and fast food should be illegal?

Good grief.

I agree everyone has an opinion. BUT you cant tell parents what to do with THEIR children.

How many people/parents do you know that cook EVERY meal from scratch? I cant tell you how many parents i know who take the path of least resistance. They do what is easy, they do what will cause the least arguments, the do what makes life the least hassle.

That is not a judgment of right or wrong, should or shouldn't. It is what it is.

I agree everyone has an opinion. BUT you cant tell parents what to do with THEIR children.

How many people/parents do you know that cook EVERY meal from scratch? I cant tell you how many parents i know who take the path of least resistance. They do what is easy, they do what will cause the least arguments, the do what makes life the least hassle.

That is not a judgment of right or wrong, should or shouldn't. It is what it is.

Within reason, society CAN and DOES tell parents what they may do with their children. We've had this discussion before.

I happen to agree with your opinion that this is not within reason, but to just flat out state that we can't tell others how to raise their kids is incorrect.

In single working parent households, or two wage earner households, there isn't always time to cook from scratch. That's a fact of life. So when time is short do you take the shortcut, go without or make everybody live on PB&J? It's not an all the time thing, but there are days when fast food or processed food is better than no food at all - or not feeding the little people till an hour past their usual bedtime.

Lengthen the school day/year, and let the public schools provide them with 3 healthy squares a day.;)

In single working parent households, or two wage earner households, there isn't always time to cook from scratch. That's a fact of life. So when time is short do you take the shortcut, go without or make everybody live on PB&J? It's not an all the time thing, but there are days when fast food or processed food is better than no food at all - or not feeding the little people till an hour past their usual bedtime.

Sure and that is how fast food should be treated. We all have nights where we're just too busy to with different things and rely on fast food, nothing wrong with that. But there definitely is something wrong with that being anyone's sole diet.

However, I don't want anyone telling me what I may or may not eat, and so I will refrain from dictating to others.

I agree 100%. Even I as a chef will be bad and get pizza or some other fast food because its just easy at the moment for what ever reason.

The problem is when the "processed food police" want to tell you that you cant do that anymore because its BAD for you.

One of our neighbors only fed their girls buttered bread and grapes. That's not processed food but it sure as hell isn't a well balanced wholesome diet either.

I agree 100%. Even I as a chef will be bad and get pizza or some other fast food because its just easy at the moment for what ever reason.

The problem is when the "processed food police" want to tell you that you cant do that anymore because its BAD for you.

One of our neighbors only fed their girls buttered bread and grapes. That's not processed food but it sure as hell isn't a well balanced wholesome diet either.

Buttered bread and grapes? That's a weird diet. Sounds like one of those Hollywood fad things. Or a quick after school snack, maybe. But it's not my place to stick my nose in how any kid eats except my own, as long as they aren't neglected or starving. And it's nobody's place to say how my kids eat but mine. Anyone who doesn't like it needs to get over themselves.

So to summarize:

Good grief.

hello simple minded one,

drugs should be legal for people either 18+ or 21+ (probably 21+). not only, "fast food", but all processed food should be illegal to serve kids. if you want to eat that crap after your are an adult than be my guest.

I feed my kids only raw steaks.

Without plates.

And utensils.

On the ground.

Lengthen the school day/year, and let the public schools provide them with 3 healthy squares a day.;)

public schools at least provided the shittiest of food. not to mention you know have big fast food chains trying to get into the cafeteria.

So to summarize:

Good grief.

hello simple minded one,

drugs should be legal for people either 18+ or 21+ (probably 21+). not only, "fast food", but all processed food should be illegal to serve kids. if you want to eat that crap after your are an adult than be my guest.

What else do you feel should be illegal for others to allow their children to do? Riding bicycles is dangerous. Riding horses, dangerous. Boy Scouts? Can be dangerous............

Who put you in charge...............

New Topics

Forum List

Back