Should FDR have been impeached for interning Japanese Americans?

or trying to stack the Supreme Court? Or sending to IRS to fuck with the Philadelphia Inquirer because the owner opposed the new deal?

JFK and LBJ spied on their political opponents.

Obama spied on the AP and also reporter’s like James Rosen.

It goes on and on...all these Presidents should have been impeached for abuse of power.

Idiot Dems are really going into dangerous territory here, just because they lost in 2016 because they ran a SHIT CANDIDATE.

THE NEXT DEMOCRAT WHO WINS POTUS NEEDS TO BE IMPEACHED. WE WILL FIGURE OUT THE CRIME, BUT THEY MUST BE IMPEACHED TO SAVE OUR DEMOCRACY!!!
Ask Bill Clinton about excesses of impeachment

He wouldn't know since he actually committed crimes for his impeachment.

So when the next Dimm POTUS is impeached, I will be shocked and sanctimonious and talk down to any Dimm that opposes the impeachment and brings up stupid terms like “due process” and “probable cause”.

It just blah blah blah to me.
If that comes about, democrats on this board will be defending the president with claims that Trump did it and republicans let him go scot-free. Trump is setting all kinds precedents, all bad.

Republicans did do it (Clinton) and the (D)'s let him go free.
So it's ok if each president sets a new low in presidential conduct? Donald Trump once boasted that ‘I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters.’
Sad, but probably True. Today, voters want results, they don't care what the president has to do to delivery, lie, violate the constitution, laws, double cross our allies, its all ok as long as the president deliveries. However what voters seem to miss is that each president's illegal, unconstitutional, and immoral act sets the standard for next president who may well have goals the opposite of his predecessor.

Obama said there are 57 states.

Hyperbolic speech isn’t impeachable.

Shit like selling small arms to Mexico and then hiding behind executive privilege and having your AG being held in contempt of Congress is impeachable for abuse of power.
Demanding personal favors in return for military aid is impeachable

..... yet demanding personal favors in return for your cokehead,dead-son/brother-fucked/his -wife yields the moral code for you people???

Is s interesting to me that apparently Dimms would be fine with Trump putting Muslims in concentration camps.

They apparently had no issue with the Dimm FDR doing it to Japanese.

So when the next Dimm POTUS is impeached, I will be shocked and sanctimonious and talk down to any Dimm that opposes the impeachment and brings up stupid terms like “due process” and “probable cause”.

It just blah blah blah to me.
If that comes about, democrats on this board will be defending the president with claims that Trump did it and republicans let him go scot-free. Trump is setting all kinds precedents, all bad.

So it's ok if each president sets a new low in presidential conduct? Donald Trump once boasted that ‘I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters.’ Sad, but probably True. Today, voters want results, they don't care what the president has to do to delivery lie, violate the constitution and laws, double cross our allies, its all ok as long as the president deliveries. However what voters seem to miss is that each president's illegal, unconstitutional, and immoral act sets the standard for next president who may well have goals the opposite of his predecessor.

I don't support Trump and your accusations had nothing to do with what I said.
Sorry I implied you are a Trump supporter. I certainly didn't mean to say something so offensive as that.

So it's ok if each president sets a new low in presidential conduct? Donald Trump once boasted that ‘I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters.’
Sad, but probably True. Today, voters want results, they don't care what the president has to do to delivery, lie, violate the constitution, laws, double cross our allies, its all ok as long as the president deliveries. However what voters seem to miss is that each president's illegal, unconstitutional, and immoral act sets the standard for next president who may well have goals the opposite of his predecessor.

Shit like selling small arms to Mexico and then hiding behind executive privilege and having your AG being held in contempt of Congress is impeachable for abuse of power.

..... yet demanding personal favors in return for your cokehead,dead-son/brother-fucked/his -wife yields the moral code for you people???
There is no evidence whatsoever that Biden did such a thing
Trump admits it

There is no evidence whatsoever that Biden did such a thing
Trump admits it
“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it." Whether you're selling political nonsense or products and services, repeating the same erroneous claim over and over will have far more effect than stating the truth.

We only use 10 percent of our brain. Eating carrots improves your eyesight. Vitamin C cures the common cold. Crime in the United States is at an all-time high. None of those things are true.

But the facts don't actually matter. People repeat them so often that you believe them. Welcome to the “illusory truth effect,” a glitch in the human psyche that equates repetition with truth. Marketers and politicians are masters of manipulating this particular cognitive bias which perhaps you have become more familiar with lately.

The truth is Hunter Biden’s role with Burisma raised conflict-of-interest concerns at the time and does provide Trump supporters a basis for a story line which is being created. However, the inescapable problem for Trump is that there's no real evidence Joe Biden committed "corruption" of any sort in Ukraine, as Trump alleges. That never deters Trump because repeating the same thing over and over will encourage supporters to fill in the details.

The order most certainly should have been overturned by the courts.

In times of war though we grow cowardly and become afraid to question the government and it's actions.

It's why there has been wars for most of the existence of the U.S.
After Pearl Harbor, the US was in a panic

Very few, including the Supreme Court, objected to interring Japanese

We had to protect ourselves from spies and sabotage
why were the German and Italian US citizens not thrown in there with them?...
The Germans and Italians had already been identified and were picked up right after their declarations of war, not so the Japanese, We played it safe and drew the boundaries for the Japanese. America also began releasing the Japanese rather quickly and welcomed their volunteers into the US army and to work on the farms. The problem-Japanese and others stayed in the camps.

FDR violated Civil rights of Japanese Americans and should have been impeached.

or trying to stack the Supreme Court? Or sending to IRS to fuck with the Philadelphia Inquirer because the owner opposed the new deal?!

Certainly FDR deserved to be impeached for the internment- except for the fact that the Supreme Court said it was legal. Looking back from our perspective it certainly was an abuse of power- but it was also during wartime where Presidents are given greater leeway.

Floating the idea of stacking the Supreme Court? Suggesting legislation? No. The idea was unpopular enough that it died on its own, but there was nothing illegal and no abuse of the office of the President.

And yes FDR should have been impeached for his IRS manipulation- that would have been fully warranted.

The order most certainly should have been overturned by the courts.

In times of war though we grow cowardly and become afraid to question the government and it's actions.

It's why there has been wars for most of the existence of the U.S.
After Pearl Harbor, the US was in a panic

Very few, including the Supreme Court, objected to interring Japanese

We had to protect ourselves from spies and sabotage
why were the German and Italian US citizens not thrown in there with them?...
The Germans and Italians had already been identified and were picked up right after their declarations of war, not so the Japanese, We played it safe and drew the boundaries for the Japanese. America also began releasing the Japanese rather quickly and welcomed their volunteers into the US army and to work on the farms. The problem-Japanese and others stayed in the camps.

Not correct.
America rounded up Japanese in the Continental United States- regardless of whether they were U.S. citizens or not- and regardless of whether they were security risks.

Far from releasing them quickly, most of the interned Japanese were in internment until 1944 or 1945.

I forgot, Lincoln jailed journalists and shut down 300 newspapers.

Abuse of power?

Absolutely was.

By probably the best President America ever had.

I have said before and will say it again- if you can't find something you agree with and something you disagree with regarding each and every President, you probably either are too partisan to judge the President honestly.

or trying to stack the Supreme Court? Or sending to IRS to fuck with the Philadelphia Inquirer because the owner opposed the new deal?

It goes on and on...all these Presidents should have been impeached for abuse of power.

Idiot Dems are really going into dangerous territory here, just because they lost in 2016 because they ran a SHIT CANDIDATE.

THE NEXT DEMOCRAT WHO WINS POTUS NEEDS TO BE IMPEACHED. WE WILL FIGURE OUT THE CRIME, BUT THEY MUST BE IMPEACHED TO SAVE OUR DEMOCRACY!!!
You guys really don't know that in 1944 the Sup Ct said interring the Japanese-Americans was legal, and that the constitution allows the legislature to determine how many supreme court justices there are? Seriously?

I've been avoiding impeachment threads simply because I think Trump's impeachment is more or less meaningless … I mean I realize Pelosi figured she had to do something in her role as Speaker when a president uses the DoS and Military to aid his own reelection, but the reality is that anyone who realizes how wrong it was for Trump to do this wasn't going to vote for Trump anyway. And the fact that at least 45% think it's ok is a pretty sad comment on the state of America.

You guys really don't know that in 1944 the Sup Ct said interring the Japanese-Americans was legal, and that the constitution allows the legislature to determine how many supreme court justices there are? Seriously?

I've been avoiding impeachment threads simply because I think Trump's impeachment is more or less meaningless … I mean I realize Pelosi figured she had to do something in her role as Speaker when a president uses the DoS and Military to aid his own reelection, but the reality is that anyone who realizes how wrong it was for Trump to do this wasn't going to vote for Trump anyway. And the fact that at least 45% think it's ok is a pretty sad comment on the state of America.

It’s not a lie, if you believe it.

FDR violated Civil rights of Japanese Americans and should have been impeached.
There was no civil rights act protecting them. However, Roosevelt's action did protect them from a public that hated anything Japanese. Hatred for the Japanese was so strong that Chinese in America put signs on their door and worn badges stating they were Chinese, not Japanese.

Forum List

Back