Should Extreme Hater Parents Lose Custody?

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by Madeline, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    Should parents ever lose custody for extreme emotional abuse? What about the parents involved with the Westboro Baptist Church....should they be allowed to teach such hatred to their children? Can people ever be so far off the reservation, mentally or emotionally, that the government should remove their children?

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    "Extreme emotional abuse," yes. The other? Slippery slope. You picked a very reviled group, reviled for good reason. What about parents that adhere to other beliefs, that may one day be reviled, whether for good reasons or bad? Who decides what is good and bad?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  3. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    I have to agree with Annie.

Abuse is abuse whether it is emotional or not, but you can't just start taking children away from their parents just because "you" do not approve of the beliefs of the parents.

Immie

4. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,897
    but immie and annie ..those judgements are made daily in family courts? physical abuse what is physical abuse? i had no qualms about spanking, 3 licks and that was it...and one time i did leave a handprint? was that abusive? when he lied to me at 15 and i knew it...right cross....that shocked him...and the next question was answered honestly....but to some that is abusive...and to them i say.....dont get between me and my child...cause i wont tolerate it. i have no problem with kids living in fear of their parents...i sure the hell did.

now lets address extreme lifestyles or beliefs....gays have trouble due to lifestyles with kids and custody...so we are making a judgement there...single men have considerable troubling obtaining custody.....another lifestyle judgement.

does giving brith allow one to indoctrinate their kids to their beliefs? our society says they can. i find many religions extreme as many find mine just that. who is to judge?

5. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,897
    might i add..members of the s & m community live in fear many times of their lifestyle being exposed to their kids.

6. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,105
    And you know this because...

7. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    I am not exactly sure what you mean here.

Let's take the gays you mention here. Should a mother whose husband divorces her and leaves her with three children, when she later finds a female lover, risk losing her children because of this relationship?

I don't think we should make judgment calls like that as long as the parents are not abusing their children, I do not believe we should remove children from the homes of their parents. I do not consider your description of disciplinary tactics to be abusive, however, others might. The concern is that some people might consider what you believe to be abuse and remove the child from a perfectly safe home. I don't support that at all.

Immie

8. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,897
    a woman can lose custody for taking a lover...many custody agreements address who can and cant live in your home. men can lose custody too for the same reasons. but those are custody agreements.....

okay lets think here...has there been a case lately where a parent has lost custody due to an estreme lifestyle?

i know many argued the kid sailor and the kid climber were victims of extreme parents??

hell the balloon family got to keep their kids....now to me that whole mess was extreme....faking a childs accident what kinda parent does that?

9. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,897
    i pay attention in life?

10. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoTlwnPkP6M]YouTube - !!RAISED TO HATE: KIDS OF WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH!![/ame]

Do you think the children suffer from such extreme hate? I do.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1