Should Congress members have term limits?

Should Congress Members have term limits?

• Yes

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yet they have not repealed the amendment directly relating to term limits that exists in the constitution... more absolute BS from the supreme court...

Whos the "they" not repealing the amendment? Cause its not within the scope of the Supreme Courts authority to repeal anything within the Consitituion but to interpret it.
Yeah. I'm flummoxed by that too.

How the hell can the Supreme Court repeal an Amendment?????

Yet they have not repealed the amendment directly relating to term limits that exists in the constitution... more absolute BS from the supreme court...

Whos the "they" not repealing the amendment? Cause its not within the scope of the Supreme Courts Amendment to repeal anything within the Consitituion but to interpret it.

True nuff.. poor choice of words.. but better said as they did not declare it unconstitutional and there has been no effort to repeal the existing amendment that directly deals with term limiting
How the hell can they declare an Amendment to the fucking Constitution, Unconstitutional??

So you don't care either way? Or you just don't care that it is limited for Presidents? And if you respect it as you say, then why not support it for the other elected officials? If you don't care either way, then why would you make a statement standing against the call for term limits?

Its not one of my favorite amendments, but the Executive is naturally a distinctly different animal than the Legistature. The president wields more power and control than individual congressmen.

Other countries have done this exact thing... See Brazil, etc.... and while we have not, it does not mean that it is something that is out of the question...

However... that is not the question at hand... just trying to see the reasoning behind the stance against congressional term limits, if the term limits of the president are 'respected'

No. We can elect or not elect at will. I do not support term limits.

Its funny, term limits always come up as popular when the party someone likes isn't in power, and in the past term limits have been a useful way to engineer power changes in state government. If you aren't familiar with how term limits can be used to engineer party changes, look to Louisiana and Vitter's campaign to install term limits at the state level.

but better said as they did not declare it unconstitutional and there has been no effort to repeal the existing amendment that directly deals with term limiting

The constitution cannot be declared unconstitutional... lolz.

But I think there has not been a movement by the legislature or people for many reasons. to name a few: 1. to make sure the executive doesnt gain to much power over the legislature, 2. based on history: America's natural and inherent hatred of a figure that resembles a king and the precedent established by GW of two terms.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back