Should Congress Legalize ALL Drugs, Including Meth?

What Drugs, if ANY, Should be Legalized...

• 2.) None and Criminalize Booze again.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The question is this, if you legalize drugs, does that mean use will skyrocket? Doubtful. Those attracted and using will still be attracted and using. Those who think taking drugs is stupid will continue to think it is stupid. What will change is the cost to society that was used to house these "criminals" and that those who became wealthy in the blackmarket will lose what was once a lucrative source of income.

Of course it will. Otherwise you are positing that laws have no effect on behavior, which is patently false.

The only realistic solution is to give addicts the best state of the art treatment there is. And if they are found abusing again, you give them summary execution. Drug dealers get summary execution right off.
This worked fine for the Chinese, who were nearly destroyed by opium.

I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with ALL drugs being legal if they could only be consumed in regulated locations... but, the flaw in the logic behind legalizing all drugs is the assumption that they all equally affect the individual user similarly and don't, according to specific substance, cause different reactions to users. There is a giant difference between how a coke or meth user reacts to their drug than a pot smoker.

I don't see the flaw in the logic. Most people intuitvely understand that concept. We know that is true in the drugs that are legal (i.e. alcohol, pain pills).

then, again, i'll ask you; how many coke heads have you ever dealt with personally lit up like a fucking neon light after a personal 8 ball? And, if you actually have a positive answer maybe you'd like to compare their behaviour to that of a pothead.

Eh a couple times. Had a meth head beg me for my change the other day. You are right about everything you said so far. Different behaviors for different drugs and people etc. I revert to my earlier statement. I don't see the point in laws designed to protect people from their own stupidity. Might it cause altercations with other people? Sure. isn't gonna compare to the frequency said altercations occur with a legal drug (alcohol)? Not even close.

I don't see the flaw in the logic. Most people intuitvely understand that concept. We know that is true in the drugs that are legal (i.e. alcohol, pain pills).

then, again, i'll ask you; how many coke heads have you ever dealt with personally lit up like a fucking neon light after a personal 8 ball? And, if you actually have a positive answer maybe you'd like to compare their behaviour to that of a pothead.

Eh a couple times. Had a meth head beg me for my change the other day. You are right about everything you said so far. Different behaviors for different drugs and people etc. I revert to my earlier statement. I don't see the point in laws designed to protect people from their own stupidity. Might it cause altercations with other people? Sure. isn't gonna compare to the frequency said altercations occur with a legal drug (alcohol)? Not even close.

I'm not interested in protecting people from themselves. This is why I mentioned open legalization only in the even that such behaviour was heavily restricted. I don't care if a coke head blows his own brains out or ods. however, I do think that society at large would suffer from legal coke and legal meth in a fashion that just would not be the case with legal pot. Indeed, even legal alcohol impacts our collective society worse than, i believe, legal pot would. I do think that legal coke would have a lot worse of a social impact than what we see with legal alcohol too. In the words of the late Rick James, Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Now, i'm a little less stringent about hallucinogens. Even Extacy could be considered in my book.. but coke, meth and heroin, for me, bust the whole concept of umbrella legalization.

Have a great evening, Bern!

The question is this, if you legalize drugs, does that mean use will skyrocket? Doubtful. Those attracted and using will still be attracted and using. Those who think taking drugs is stupid will continue to think it is stupid. What will change is the cost to society that was used to house these "criminals" and that those who became wealthy in the blackmarket will lose what was once a lucrative source of income.

Of course it will. Otherwise you are positing that laws have no effect on behavior, which is patently false.

The only realistic solution is to give addicts the best state of the art treatment there is. And if they are found abusing again, you give them summary execution. Drug dealers get summary execution right off.

you are fucking crazy. It's no wonder why you take the opinions that you do regarding the middle east.

No offense, but that is a very naive answer. drugs are not universally affective and lumping every substance together under the moniker of "drugs" just to tow a political line is dangerous.

...and i'm a giant pot head! Who, consequently, HAS seen enough coked out motherfuckers to realize that treating pot smoking the same as coke consumption is crazy on it's face.

It comes down to the same thing, however. If you own yourself then you should be able to do whatever you want to yourself.

but, it's not merely "the same thing" when making a distinction between different affects and reactions to DIFFERENT substances. Heavy drugs are not merely a flag to wave in the name of libertarianism. If you ever acquire first hand experience with cracked out coke fiends you might understand what i'm talking about... letalone meth.

It doesn't matter what the substance is, or what the reactions to that substance are. If it's your body you should be able to do whatever you want to it.

...and i'm a giant pot head!
It comes down to the same thing, however. If you own yourself then you should be able to do whatever you want to yourself.
If you do smoke pot like a giant pothead then you too may become stupid enough to believe that pot is not dangerous.

If the US legalizes drugs it will cause a lot of problems.
Instead we should start executing corrupt police, judges etc. who make sure the problem continues because they profit from it.
And execute drug using legislators as well.

but, it's not merely "the same thing" when making a distinction between different affects and reactions to DIFFERENT substances. Heavy drugs are not merely a flag to wave in the name of libertarianism. If you ever acquire first hand experience with cracked out coke fiends you might understand what i'm talking about... letalone meth.

It doesn't matter what the substance is, or what the reactions to that substance are. If it's your body you should be able to do whatever you want to it.

oh but it does matter. Especially when coked out motherfuckers start robbing people for cash to buy another gram of a drug that physically affects the user like coke does. go get an 8 ball to share with your buddies this weekend and then tell me you walk away from it the same way you can pot.

...and i'm a giant pot head!
If you do smoke pot like a giant pothead then you too may become stupid enough to believe that pot is not dangerous.

If the US legalizes drugs it will cause a lot of problems.
Instead we should start executing corrupt police, judges etc. who make sure the problem continues because they profit from it.
And execute drug using legislators as well.

spoken like a true dipshit.

I'll tell you the same as your team jersey stooge above: you are fucking crazy and it's telling that you both support the death penalty for drugs like you do the same racist bullshit in the mid east.

Nothing is stopping you from doing them now.. you want to, go for it... however, you get caught you pay the piper with society's price...

I like the status quo... no legalizing other bad substances/drugs that are currently illegal...

I am definitely of two minds on this subject.

On the one hand I totally agree with Kevin and the argument for self determination in regards to ones own body.

But on the other hand, as a person who struggled with nicotine addiction, I know first hand how difficult it was to break the cycle of addiction.

But as a smoker, I could still function as a productive member of society.

Addiction to the harder drugs often impairs a persons ability to function in society, causing their lives to spiral out of control.

Unemployed but still addicted, these people often turn to crime to feed their addiction.

And that is where there personal freedom interferes with my rights.

So, while I would be open to legalizing marijuana and some prescription drugs, we'll need to find a way to negate the effects of addiction before I can in good conscience endorse the legalization of all drugs.

oh but it does matter. Especially when coked out motherfuckers start robbing people for cash to buy another gram of a drug that physically affects the user like coke does. go get an 8 ball to share with your buddies this weekend and then tell me you walk away from it the same way you can pot.

I wouldn't know what walking away from pot is like to compare it to, so I think I'll pass. At any rate, robbery would still be a crime, so anyone that robbed somebody would still be convicted on that basis.

Nothing is stopping you from doing them now.. you want to, go for it... however, you get caught you pay the piper with society's price...

I like the status quo... no legalizing other bad substances/drugs that are currently illegal...

What right does "society" have to tell me I can't do drugs?

I am definitely of two minds on this subject.

On the one hand I totally agree with Kevin and the argument for self determination in regards to ones own body.

But on the other hand, as a person who struggled with nicotine addiction, I know first hand how difficult it was to break the cycle of addiction.

But as a smoker, I could still function as a productive member of society.

Addiction to the harder drugs often impairs a persons ability to function in society, causing their lives to spiral out of control.

Unemployed but still addicted, these people often turn to crime to feed their addiction.

And that is where there personal freedom interferes with my rights.

So, while I would be open to legalizing marijuana and some prescription drugs, we'll need to find a way to negate the effects of addiction before I can in good conscience endorse the legalization of all drugs.

But isn't this kind of like the gun argument? If we outlaw guns, outlaws will be the only ones with guns because they will still find a way to get them.

Drugs being illegal certainly isn't stopping those who want them, from obtaining them.

Who said you get to be the arbitrary decider of what constitutes a 'bad' substance. Is alcohol a 'bad' substance in your book? None of these drugs are 'bad' in of themselves. It is the abuse of them by PEOPLE that results in negative consequences. Saying pot is bad is about as illogical as saying guns are bad.

Last edited:

you are fucking crazy. It's no wonder why you take the opinions that you do regarding the middle east.

Why is that crazy? Do you realize all the time and money that goes into coddling these worthless drug addicts??? When I was in school in the 60's, they didn't talk about drugs at all--they weren't a problem. But there aren't ANY kids these days who haven't heard the specific dangers of all drugs from the time they're in elementary school. If they're still stupid enough to get into them, then I have absolutely no sympathy for them. They can spend the rest of their days in jail as far as I'm concerned. Most of them only go into rehab to get a suspended prison sentence and then they go right back to the drugs and crime.

I wouldn't know what walking away from pot is like to compare it to, so I think I'll pass. At any rate, robbery would still be a crime, so anyone that robbed somebody would still be convicted on that basis.

and yet coke promps robbery moreso than pot. I can tell you this because I've seen both first hand. I invite you to do some research before wielding ignorant opinions.

Why is that crazy? Do you realize all the time and money that goes into coddling these worthless drug addicts??? When I was in school in the 60's, they didn't talk about drugs at all--they weren't a problem. But there aren't ANY kids these days who haven't heard the specific dangers of all drugs from the time they're in elementary school. If they're still stupid enough to get into them, then I have absolutely no sympathy for them. They can spend the rest of their days in jail as far as I'm concerned. Most of them only go into rehab to get a suspended prison sentence and then they go right back to the drugs and crime.

yea.. :lol: drugs sure weren't a problem in THE SIXTIES.

:thup:

I don't really give a shit who you are sympathetic for. But, to advocate the death penalty for drug use is just retarded. If you agree with his opinion of such then.. hey... batshit crazy seems to be en vogue.

and yet coke promps robbery moreso than pot. I can tell you this because I've seen both first hand. I invite you to do some research before wielding ignorant opinions.

Getting drunk causes some people to commit crimes too, but we don't outlaw alcohol. I'm sure people commit crimes while high on marijuana, but yet you think that should be legal. You seem to have some arbitrary line of how many crimes could be committed while on a substance and that's your criteria for legalizing a drug. Well that's pointless. Either you own your own body, or you don't. I happen to think we should all be responsible for ourselves, and not have the government telling us what to do in any way shape or form.

Getting drunk causes some people to commit crimes too, but we don't outlaw alcohol. I'm sure people commit crimes while high on marijuana, but yet you think that should be legal. You seem to have some arbitrary line of how many crimes could be committed while on a substance and that's your criteria for legalizing a drug. Well that's pointless. Either you own your own body, or you don't. I happen to think we should all be responsible for ourselves, and not have the government telling us what to do in any way shape or form.

actually, we once DID criminalize alcohol.

and, "being sure" that people commit crimes while high on pot isn't even close to personally comprehending what the hell you are talking about when slinging opinions left and right about substances that you have no experience with. Esepcially when trying to equate all drugs in relation to common criminal behavour.

Trust me, when you go smoke a giant bowl of the reef and then compare it to 4 of 5 lines of uncut powder you'll understand the cavernous difference that I'm talking about.

knowing the effects of both drugs and how they effect a person is by no means arbitrary. What is three shades of retarded is wielding goofy little libertarian talking points without nary the slightest comprehension about what you are talking about. You may own your own body... but when you are all coked out at 4am and are desperate for more coke because you just snorted your last nice and all of a sudden robbing a motherfucker sounds like a good idea AS OPPOSED TO getting high, watching Up In Smoke and microwaving a hot pocket then you will be able to make an informed observation that is worth something.

Forum List

Back