Should Congress Legalize ALL Drugs, Including Meth?

What Drugs, if ANY, Should be Legalized...

• 2.) None and Criminalize Booze again.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:rofl:

Because he's a Liberal, and that's how they are...

First Big Catch! :clap2:

:)

peace...

Actually it wasn't a catch.. It is as always to point out the hypocrisy of Lush Limbaugh.. You either don't listen to him or to brain washed to notice or hear his tirades about the issue..

As it is, it seems hardly applicable to point out someone's avatar making a statement about reality, and then applying it to a statement in a forum.. His statements about Lush Limpnoodles has nothing to do with feelings on drugs.. Even though Lush is the poster boy for drugs and stupidity..

Rush is a Hypocrite about Addiction to Drugs Prescribed by Doctors?...

:)

peace...

He was circumventing the law to get what he wanted to feed his addiction rather than what he needed for his affliction.

I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with ALL drugs being legal if they could only be consumed in regulated locations... but, the flaw in the logic behind legalizing all drugs is the assumption that they all equally affect the individual user similarly and don't, according to specific substance, cause different reactions to users. There is a giant difference between how a coke or meth user reacts to their drug than a pot smoker.

Well we all know that drugs are bad, and have very negative consequences. But if somebody wants to take that risk who are we to tell them they can't?

but, again, not all drugs are AS bad as the rest. I can give you a bail of pot and you won't go out robbing people for more pot. Do you think that would be the same if I gave you a brick of coke?

I guess a better question to ask if you've ever had first hand experience with anyone high on coke or meth versus high on pot.

I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with ALL drugs being legal if they could only be consumed in regulated locations... but, the flaw in the logic behind legalizing all drugs is the assumption that they all equally affect the individual user similarly and don't, according to specific substance, cause different reactions to users. There is a giant difference between how a coke or meth user reacts to their drug than a pot smoker.

Well we all know that drugs are bad, and have very negative consequences. But if somebody wants to take that risk who are we to tell them they can't?

but, again, not all drugs are AS bad as the rest. I can give you a bail of pot and you won't go out robbing people for more pot. Do you think that would be the same if I gave you a brick of coke?

I guess a better question to ask if you've ever had first hand experience with anyone high on coke or meth versus high on pot.

Not that I'm aware of. Regardless, if they commit a crime then they should be charged for that crime. But doing drugs in and of itself shouldn't be a crime.

I don't see the flaw in the logic. Most people intuitvely understand that concept. We know that is true in the drugs that are legal (i.e. alcohol, pain pills).

People don't do drugs in jail. At least they aren't hurting the people they love. And hate.

Drugs are widespread in prison.

Not as widespread as in the hood.

Do you people think that drug addiction is a victimless crime? These people procreate for God's sake! Their families are victims too and guess what? Drug addicts cost the social service system zillions.

I would approve only with voluntary sterlization. Give us your gonads; and you can smoke all the crack you like.

I don't see the flaw in the logic. Most people intuitvely understand that concept. We know that is true in the drugs that are legal (i.e. alcohol, pain pills).

then, again, i'll ask you; how many coke heads have you ever dealt with personally lit up like a fucking neon light after a personal 8 ball? And, if you actually have a positive answer maybe you'd like to compare their behaviour to that of a pothead.

People don't do drugs in jail. At least they aren't hurting the people they love. And hate.

Drugs are widespread in prison.

Not as widespread as in the hood.

Do you people think that drug addiction is a victimless crime? These people procreate for God's sake! Their families are victims too and guess what? Drug addicts cost the social service system zillions.

I would approve only with voluntary sterlization. Give us your gonads; and you can smoke all the crack you like.

You people? The only non legal drug that I said should be legal is marijuana, and I am well acquainted with drug addiction, I have 2 dead brothers, a dead brother in law, and a nephew serving 10 in the penitentiary all thanks to addiction.

Not that I'm aware of. Regardless, if they commit a crime then they should be charged for that crime. But doing drugs in and of itself shouldn't be a crime.

No offense, but that is a very naive answer. drugs are not universally affective and lumping every substance together under the moniker of "drugs" just to tow a political line is dangerous.

...and i'm a giant pot head! Who, consequently, HAS seen enough coked out motherfuckers to realize that treating pot smoking the same as coke consumption is crazy on it's face.

I'm so sorry noose. I meant the people who believe drugs are harmless. I should have worded that better. I apologize. I work with throwaway children whose parents would rather get stoned or drunk than sign them up for Little. League. They'd rather waste their unemployment checks on weed than school supplies. I feel very strongly that addicts should not raise children. And no one plans on being an addict.

No offense, but that is a very naive answer. drugs are not universally affective and lumping every substance together under the moniker of "drugs" just to tow a political line is dangerous.

...and i'm a giant pot head! Who, consequently, HAS seen enough coked out motherfuckers to realize that treating pot smoking the same as coke consumption is crazy on it's face.

It comes down to the same thing, however. If you own yourself then you should be able to do whatever you want to yourself.

It comes down to the same thing, however. If you own yourself then you should be able to do whatever you want to yourself.

but, it's not merely "the same thing" when making a distinction between different affects and reactions to DIFFERENT substances. Heavy drugs are not merely a flag to wave in the name of libertarianism. If you ever acquire first hand experience with cracked out coke fiends you might understand what i'm talking about... letalone meth.

The question is this, if you legalize drugs, does that mean use will skyrocket? Doubtful. Those attracted and using will still be attracted and using. Those who think taking drugs is stupid will continue to think it is stupid. What will change is the cost to society that was used to house these "criminals" and that those who became wealthy in the blackmarket will lose what was once a lucrative source of income.

I'm so sorry noose. I meant the people who believe drugs are harmless. I should have worded that better. I apologize. I work with throwaway children whose parents would rather get stoned or drunk than sign them up for Little. League. They'd rather waste their unemployment checks on weed than school supplies. I feel very strongly that addicts should not raise children. And no one plans on being an addict.

I mostly agree.

The question is this, if you legalize drugs, does that mean use will skyrocket? Doubtful. Those attracted and using will still be attracted and using. Those who think taking drugs is stupid will continue to think it is stupid. What will change is the cost to society that was used to house these "criminals" and that those who became wealthy in the blackmarket will lose what was once a lucrative source of income.

I disagree. Compared to the years of prohibition the use of alcohol today IS inflated to skyrocket proportions. Likewise, were drugs, ALL DRUGS, legal then the use of such would, when compared to illegal use now, skyrocket. This is why I don't advocate the legalization of all drugs. Increased consumption of pot will not produce the same kind of social reaction as the increased consumption of coke and meth.

My two cents on the issue of Hard Drugs (Coke, Meth): The problem isn't the fact that the drugs exist. Because if they didn't exist, the user would just find another hard drug or solution to their problem. What's wrong with The War on Drugs today is that it's a racket for several groups. And a problem that stems from that is we focus too much on jailing the people with addictions then even trying to get them some kind of rehab.

No, it doesn't work for everyone. However, throwing people in Jail for 10-15 isn't the solution either. All you're doing is delaying that problem and creating a new one.

My two cents on the issue of Hard Drugs (Coke, Meth): The problem isn't the fact that the drugs exist. Because if they didn't exist, the user would just find another hard drug or solution to their problem. What's wrong with The War on Drugs today is that it's a racket for several groups. And a problem that stems from that is we focus too much on jailing the people with addictions then even trying to get them some kind of rehab.

No, it doesn't work for everyone. However, throwing people in Jail for 10-15 isn't the solution either. All you're doing is delaying that problem and creating a new one.

I really disagree with this. In Maryland, at least, they give far too many "chances" to these jerks to go through rehab. The repeat offenders are unending and so are the crimes that they commit to support their habits. If they're not going to legalize drugs, then they should really make stiff --20 years--for drug use. The rest of the community shouldn't have to be subject to the crimes of these wimps. There would be a lot less criminal drug use if the penalties were really harsh and there was no chance for "rehab" instead.

New Topics

Forum List

Back