Should Congress Legalize ALL Drugs, Including Meth?

What Drugs, if ANY, Should be Legalized...

• 2.) None and Criminalize Booze again.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think that marijuana should be legal. I cannot see a reason why it is criminalized any more than alcohol.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
I think if you're admitting that society can't control something on its' own, than you're admitting Big Brother necessarily plays a part in parenting.

Kinda of misses the point. That people will abuse freedom is simply a by product of having freedom.

The libertarian in me says, yes all drugs including meth and if you fuck up your life don't come crying to me. The OP a I believe wanted someone to rationalize that in the face higher prison costs etc. Well since there are so many people in prison for illegally using drugs and drugs would now NOT be illegal I would think the cost would go down. Yes there would still be crime from people doing stupid things under the influence, but how is that any different from doing stupid things under the influence of alcohol.

My overall point is that I have no problem if such a freedom was given as long as everyone was willing to accept the consequences.

The federal government doesn't have the authority to legalize all drugs. The states should regulate drugs as they see fit.

I believe that all drugs should be legalized, however. If we accept the notion of self-ownership then how can we support drug prohibition? You should be able to do whatever you want to your own body.

Agreed. I'm not a believer in laws of which the sole purpose is to protect people form their own stupid selves (i.e. seat belt laws).

Then why do you have a picture of Rush Limbaugh and a prescription drug on your screen, which is in effect judging Rush for taking drugs?

:rofl:

Because he's a Liberal, and that's how they are...

First Big Catch! :clap2:

:)

peace...

Actually it wasn't a catch.. It is as always to point out the hypocrisy of Lush Limbaugh.. You either don't listen to him or to brain washed to notice or hear his tirades about the issue..

As it is, it seems hardly applicable to point out someone's avatar making a statement about reality, and then applying it to a statement in a forum.. His statements about Lush Limpnoodles has nothing to do with feelings on drugs.. Even though Lush is the poster boy for drugs and stupidity..

Rush is a Hypocrite about Addiction to Drugs Prescribed by Doctors?...

peace...

:rofl:

Because he's a Liberal, and that's how they are...

First Big Catch! :clap2:

peace...

Actually it wasn't a catch.. It is as always to point out the hypocrisy of Lush Limbaugh.. You either don't listen to him or to brain washed to notice or hear his tirades about the issue..

As it is, it seems hardly applicable to point out someone's avatar making a statement about reality, and then applying it to a statement in a forum.. His statements about Lush Limpnoodles has nothing to do with feelings on drugs.. Even though Lush is the poster boy for drugs and stupidity..

Rush is a Hypocrite about Addiction to Drugs Prescribed by Doctors?...

peace...
He condemned (or condemns still) people addicted to drugs, as if they were nothing more than abominations vomitted out by a nation.

However, he HIMSELF was addicted to a drug. Doesn't matter if it's prescribed/legal.

Like Matthew says, take the mote out of your eye before taking out someone else's...

I think if you're admitting that society can't control something on its' own, than you're admitting Big Brother necessarily plays a part in parenting.

So Legalize Meth?...

peace...

I mean why not? The War on Drugs and the fact that drugs are illegal has done nothing to hinder the availability of meth, and other illegal drugs, and those who really desire to use meth, or cocaine, heroine, etc, would do so whether its legal or illegal. Seriously, I can go down to the VCU campus almost any time of the year and get almost any drug I want.

Yet we allow people to drink.

Only because the alcohol consumers refused to follow the law and thus created a profitable market for bootleggers. Bootleggers who were part of violent organized criminal groups.
The same holds for illegal drugs - anyone who uses them contributes to the general lawlessness in the country surrounding their distribution.
The only excuse for legalizing them, solely for adults, would be to eliminate the economic incentive which rewards pushers who prey on children. Legalize, regulate and execute anyone who gives them to people under 18. Incarcerate for life anyone 18 to 21 using drugs or providing drugs to persons in that age group.
There would be a need to create locations where people could use drugs safely. Any drug with long term effects would have to have special restrictions.

Sounds simpler to make dealing a capital offense, right alongside abuse of public trust (crooked police, judges, etc) - these people are killing children and destroying lives, so the death penalty seems appropriate.

I wish every politician/government worker in Washington DC would legalize freedom by simultaneously inserting pistols into their mouths and blow their own brains out.

Only because the alcohol consumers refused to follow the law and thus created a profitable market for bootleggers. Bootleggers who were part of violent organized criminal groups.
The same holds for illegal drugs - anyone who uses them contributes to the general lawlessness in the country surrounding their distribution.
The only excuse for legalizing them, solely for adults, would be to eliminate the economic incentive which rewards pushers who prey on children. Legalize, regulate and execute anyone who gives them to people under 18. Incarcerate for life anyone 18 to 21 using drugs or providing drugs to persons in that age group.
There would be a need to create locations where people could use drugs safely. Any drug with long term effects would have to have special restrictions.

Sounds simpler to make dealing a capital offense, right alongside abuse of public trust (crooked police, judges, etc) - these people are killing children and destroying lives, so the death penalty seems appropriate.

Even more simple would be to realize that prohibition of drugs doesnt work and is always going to be an extremely expensive and highly ineffective policy.

They refused to follow an immoral law, nothing wrong with that. Why in the world would you put people in jail for life if they use drugs, and why only that specific age group? The prisons are already too crowded and you want to put more people in jail for longer periods of time. That's ridiculous.

People don't do drugs in jail. At least they aren't hurting the people they love. And hate.

Yes, they do, and they aren't hurting anyone doing drugs in their homes either. Any crimes committed while on drugs would still be crimes, but it shouldn't be a crime to do something to your own body.

I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with ALL drugs being legal if they could only be consumed in regulated locations... but, the flaw in the logic behind legalizing all drugs is the assumption that they all equally affect the individual user similarly and don't, according to specific substance, cause different reactions to users. There is a giant difference between how a coke or meth user reacts to their drug than a pot smoker.

I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with ALL drugs being legal if they could only be consumed in regulated locations... but, the flaw in the logic behind legalizing all drugs is the assumption that they all equally affect the individual user similarly and don't, according to specific substance, cause different reactions to users. There is a giant difference between how a coke or meth user reacts to their drug than a pot smoker.

Well we all know that drugs are bad, and have very negative consequences. But if somebody wants to take that risk who are we to tell them they can't?

Forum List

Back