Should Congress Legalize ALL Drugs, Including Meth?

Discussion in 'Congress' started by mal, Dec 2, 2009.

?

What Drugs, if ANY, Should be Legalized...

Poll closed Mar 12, 2010.
  1. 1.) None.

23.3%
  2. 2.) None and Criminalize Booze again.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3.) ALL!

40.0%
  4. 4.) Some... List the ones that are Special to you.

36.7%
  1. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,311
    sure you are. By making a distinction between access to liberty according to a socially derived age and role (adult and parent) you've just staggered access to liberty along a rather arbitrary line. Indeed, you started your paragraph with one statement while finishing it with a whole other admittance.

2. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,172
    Whatever you say bud.

3. Shogun

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,311
    oh now cocksucker don't let your jew rage trip you up in threads that have nothing to do with supporting israel blindly. hell, even with my experiences it's pretty damn clear which of us speaks valid while the other knee jerks himself with standard issue talking points. I COULD point out how many time my adversaries in this thread have stated the truth in my postings but.... lord knows I don't have anything to prove to an empty dipshit like yourself so...

4. Shogun

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,311
    YET. Have you seen any crack downs on sugary, caffeinated beverages within the last 4 years? With sleep deprivation and energy drinks? It's not cocaine's REPUTATION that makes is less apparent how great it feels to snort a line, dude.

and, with as many alcoholics and drunk driving deaths EVERY YEAR it's pretty silly to claim that alcohol doesn't also have the potential to fuck up a life. Potential that is made apparent by a vast myriad of sources.

and yes, I CAN tell you that people would certainly cut out lines that turn them into percieved social superstars if legal. Don't you remember DISCO or the 80s at all? Shit wasn't legal then but you sure as hell knew what was going on in studio 54, didn't you?

I disagree. Chances are, you've tried alcohol. hell, chances are, you've even smoked a cigarette in your life. I'm sure you drink caffeine and i'd be willing to bet you've had a sugar high at some point in your life. I attribute the majority of your opinion to flat out ignorance due to non-exposure to the substance you are commenting on. That is not condemnation; it's true that drugs are not for everyone. HOWEVER, to look at our medicated society and assume legal coke wouldn't hit like wildfire is three shades of naive.

5. Shogun

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,311
    I wouldn't tell you that you should do drugs; however, it's pretty obvious that someone who has done them might know a bit more about their relative impact than someone who hasn't. It's kinda like how I don't comment on the best brand of anal lube when Charles "The cock" Sucker makes a thread about lubrication.

6. Shogun

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,311
    bolded above. You've made a distinction between the liberties of a child and the same for parents. Which is why I reminded you that not all parents care the same way. check..

7. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,172
    Like I said, I wasn't relying on that arbitrary age, because I agree in some cases that the legal adult age certainly is arbitrary.

8. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,329
    I have to agree with this.

This country is PLAGUED by the use of the Prozacs and the Percocets of the world. While not STREET legal, they are certainly much easier to obtain since they only require something as simple as a doctor's autograph.

Coke is a dopamine, seratonin, and norepinephrine reputake inhibitor. And incidentally, so are most prescription depression medications like Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, etc. As well as narcotic pain killers such as Percocet.

There's really not much difference between those prescribed drugs, and coke, at the end of the day. With both, the user becomes 'addicted' and can typically not safely stop use spontaneously, without negative effects on the neuro-transmitter process.

9. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,415
    Not always true.

Lots of people who shot smack in 'Nam came back home and never touched the stuff again. There are also lots of people who can use pot, cocaine, etc. recreationally and not become physically dependent.

I'm in the Dr. Thomas Szasz camp on this one..."Addiction" (as it has become colloquially known) is a symptom, not a cause in and of itself.

10. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,329
    Well, I put quote marks around the word addicted for this reason. I don't accept the term in the same way others do. The neurotransmitters are affected though, and its up to how strong your will power is to be able to put down the rolled up benjamin.

Also, there is an IMMEDIATE-term period where you are 'addicted', so to speak. It's the brain telling you after you sniff your first line that you need more or you're going to hate life. That's what I was most referring to.

What sets people apart is how you handle your actions the next day when the initial 'feen' process has worked its way out. Some choose to keep using, others can go about their life and not touch it again for months.

Also though, someone who's been on a depression med for a long time will most likely battle similar withdrawal symptoms after stopping cold turkey, as someone who's been booting dope.

My whole point in all of this, is that the issue of legality has nothing to do with 'health'. If coke, heroin, and speed were legal, pharma companies would lose BILLIONS.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1