Should Congress launch a formal investigation?

Should congress investigate?

• Total voters
It would be nice is they could have some repercussins for reporting falsehoods though

Just turn off FOXVIEWS, Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Rielly, Coulter, Beck, Palin, and you prolly won't hear anymore falsehoods. :lol:

It would be nice is they could have some repercussins for reporting falsehoods though

Just turn off FOXVIEWS, Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Rielly, Coulter, Beck, Palin, and you prolly won't hear anymore falsehoods. :lol:

Absolutely.

While your at it you can turn off ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC and CNN.

That way we're covered. No chance of those pesky falsehoods sneaking out.

No investigation needed. THis was pretty cut and dried in my book.

Should congress launch a formal investigation into the piss poor and blatent failure of ethical responsibilty by the media in regards to the AZ tragedy?

And/or should they investigate the sheriff for his sophomoric abuse of office or at least an investigation into whether he violated his oath of office by his selfish politcal stunt?

What say you?

i say....

if a conservative police officer had made public comments attacking liberals or democrats YOU would DEFEND his freedom of speech

but since you equate this rational police officer with liberalism you are trying to DENY HIM his rights...

that makes YOU a terrible person.

and a hypocrite

Should Congress launch a formal investigation?

NO. Formals are pretty silly, but I see no need for congress to get involved.

No. As much as I hate Fake News, they have the right to report with whatever slant they want. It pisses me off that many uneducated people take everything they say as fact when its much deeper than what they say and they leave out the context.

Should congress launch a formal investigation into the piss poor and blatent failure of ethical responsibilty by the media in regards to the AZ tragedy?

And/or should they investigate the sheriff for his sophomoric abuse of office or at least an investigation into whether he violated his oath of office by his selfish politcal stunt?

What say you?

Investigate the media for their coverage of the Arizona shooting.

Is this a serious question?

Not a cover up as much as a gross distortion of the facts. The Left wing media has been trying to paint the shooter as a right wing wacko acting on the orders of Palin.

Of course they have no proof at all, and fail to talk about the things that show they are full of shit.

Like the shooter being a registered Independent, who did not even vote in this Election.

A guy who says he loves the communist manifesto and Animal Farm.

Yet all the press can do is try and blame this on the right.

If there was any doubt left in anyone's mind that the left wing media is nothing but an arm of the Democrat party, Obama's person attack machine, That doubt is gone now.

If you want to place blame for the Level of discourse in the country today. You can not place it solely on the Republicans. After all it is Unpopular Democrat policies that have lead to such a level of unhappiness. As long as all Politicians of either side. Continue to ignore our will, and spend us into oblivion. Incidents like this will only increase.

We no longer have a government of by and for the people. We have a government of by and for their own selfish interests. Was only a matter of time before the American people started turning to their only recourse in the face of a government that ignores their will. Violence.

Last edited:
The media is the media. They are dying entities that are whores to ratings and advertisement. No congressional intervening will cure that.

Last edited:
No. The press does not answer to the government, period. Even if, as in this case, they are blatantly wrong, it is not the government's job to correct them.

Who gets to determine if they are lying? Would you want someone like Rush Limbaugh in charge of that? How about Sarah Palin? If you set up something to regulate the media, even if it just over lying, sooner or later the other side will be in charge of making the rules, and you will not like it then.

I think MAYBE the Congress should have a hearing or two on how best to deal with threats to the security of its members.

What threats to their security? If their were threats to the security of Congress I could guarantee the last people Congress would put in charge of determining the best way to deal with it would be themselves. They might be idiots, but even they are not that dumb enough to think they could protect themselves.

I think that they should launch an investigation as to whether or not the shooter had been directly influenced by Sarah Palins target map.

And if not directly influenced, had he seen the map.

And had he not seen the map, was he familiar with Sarah Palin.

And if he was familiar with Sarah Palin, had he followed Bristol on DWTS.

And if he had not followed Bristol on DWTS, does he watch any reality TV, such as Survivor or American Idol.

And if so, why.

What say you?

To what end? Censure?

What say you?

NO NO NO! What a colossal waste of time and money if they did! A Congressional investigation is NOT necessary for everything people don't like that happens in life! And whatever Congress investigates, it typically responds with trying to interfere even MORE into everyone's life and usually with a remedy that causes far more problems than Congress would want to pretend they were fixing anyway. It would NEVER be appropriate for Congress to investigate whether a local sheriff abused his powers or violated his oath of office! And why invite them to expand their powers into areas that are none of their damn business?

The people of Tuscon ought to issue a recall on the lying ass sheriff themselves -they put him into office. If they are unhappy about his lies to the public they can remove him from office too. It is first and foremost THEIR right and responsibility to deal with the guy -not federal government or heaven forbid, that of Congress! What federal laws did the guy even theoretically violate by going on TV and lying? Not a single one -lying when not under oath is STILL not a crime at all no matter what -much less a federal issue. Freedom of speech still means you can't be arrested and tossed into prison for what you said -even if you are a sheriff and tell lies when NOT under oath! And Congress is NOT the authority that can fire him anyway so they can't even make him lose his job -so what would be the point? Whether the little shit lied or even if he really did violate and abuse the power of his office does NOT make it a national issue worthy of a Congressional investigation. It doesn't mean the people of Tuscon can't cause him to lose his job for the lies -freedom of speech doesn't mean he would be free from the other natural consequences of one's lies. You lie at work and depending on the lie told, YOU can lose your job too -but you still can't be thrown in prison. Congress can't do anything to this guy and frankly I would be outraged if they tried to do anything to him as a massive abuse of Congressional power.

Congress has absolutely NO business running investigations into some local authority for these kinds of issues -heck I thought it was an abuse of authority when they ran investigations of steroid use among athletes. This isn't the Soviet Union where government owns athletes and they can't enforce or punish athletes who fail to abide by league rules and frankly it was NOT their business either.

If the Congress is going to investigate anything they should start with the many crimes of the Bush Administration that Obama has ordered his useless Attorney General turn his back on.

If the Congress is going to investigate anything they should start with the many crimes of the Bush Administration that Obama has ordered his useless Attorney General turn his back on.
maybe because there are NO CRIMES to investigate
:rolleyes:

What say you?
Great, another asshole who wants to use this an excuse to silence political opponents

Great, another asshole that thinks a sitting sheriff should be engaged in politics during an investigation. Why do you label a law enforcement officer as a politician? Are you saying you would endorse every cop in this country to interject their personal political beliefs into their work? That is some scary ass shit!
And no, I don't like it when that other idiot goes on the talk show rounds either.

As far as my question about the media. I don't care, Fuck 'em. The media has finally proven itself to be dead. :doubt:

While he is a goof, he is no worse that Senator Blumenthal and his behavior as State's ATTy in CT.

Sheriff is an elected official. I is his duty to explain what they are doing. I don't believe he did his job correctly. I wouldn't vote for him. But hauling him before congress for being an idiot does't move anything forward.

Funniest post in this thread is Truthmatters arguing for consequences for spreading falsehoods. If that were the case, her life would be one of terror.

What is really disturbing is the continued calls for the necromancing of the fairness doctrine. It really does seem as if there are large numbers of folks who activly fear and detest the concept of free speech.

Congress can't take care if it's own let alone others. Let the local law handle this, that is if he has time from his speech giving and political point making speeches.

What say you?

We cannot get enough of the Right's wallowing in self pity and victimhood, so of course the answer is a resounding YES!

Forum List

Back