Should Civil Servants be personally liable for deficits?

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Should Congress and POTUS be held personally liable for the deficits? Is that the only way to get control of spending?

There are many instances in business when someone can be held personally liable for debts incurred, can we apply the same standard to our government officials?

Why the fuck not?

Should Congress and POTUS be held personally liable for the deficits? Is that the only way to get control of spending?

There are many instances in business when someone can be held personally liable for debts incurred, can we apply the same standard to our government officials?

Why the fuck not?

Sure! Get Pelosi first.

Why the fuck not?
Yeah...it's called voting.

The POTUS does not allocate or borrow a nickel. That is the Congress.
In the United States of America, the Federal Government has Sovereign Immunity. Do I have to explain that? The United States of America can waive immunity through The Federal Torts Act and The Tucker Act. Do I have to explain those Acts?
Title 28 U.S.C. 1331 has Federal jurisdiction on district courts but the statute is not to be interpreted as any blanket immunity by the Federal government.
The United States of America is a superior sovereign to a state by statute.
Debt of a sovereign government is a soverign debt.
Government debt is public debt, an indirect debt of the taxpayers.
That is THE LAW.
Can't you read Frank?

Last edited:
In the United States of America, the Federal Government has Sovereign Immunity. Do I have to explain that? The United States of America can waive immunity through The Federal Torts Act and The Tucker Act. Do I have to explain those Acts?
Title 28 U.S.C. 1331 has Federal jurisdiction on district courts but the statute is not to be interpreted as any blanket immunity by the Federal government.
That is THE LAW.
Can't you read Frank?

I'm going to bookmark this fucker next time the subject of "Reagan's Deficits" comes up

Last edited:
That is THE LAW.
Can't you read Frank?

I'm going to book mark this fucker next time the subject of "Reagan's Deficits" comes up

POTUS submits a budget to Congress and usually during their first session the Congress approves it. A "the people have spoken and we will honor the POTUS' budget".
But they do not have to go by it.
So Obama is not responsible for any of the budget Frank?
Glad I was able to clear that up.

Forum List

Back