Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
When the state seeks to impose its will upon the churches of the land, bloodshed is a heartbeat away.

No. In our country, the state does not have the authority to dictate what the church must *allow*.

So if churches should be allowed refuse to marry homosexuals couples, should they be allowed to refuse to marry mixed race couples if it goes against their doctrine?

Yes. Separation of church and state. Right?

I agree, then I also agree businesses should be able to refuse services for whatever reason as well. But I believe in something called freedom of association and private property, novel concepts in today's america.

"Religion" is one matter, faith in God is a separate subject.
I agree with that. For the most part, religion is a wall between individuals and what we perceive as "God". You'll find God a lot easier when you're alone in a forest than surrounded by strange strangers in a mega-church.

Yea MAAAN, I get real spiritual after I smoke a jay in the forest.
".....and God saw that it was good."

When the state seeks to impose its will upon the churches of the land, bloodshed is a heartbeat away.

No. In our country, the state does not have the authority to dictate what the church must *allow*.

So if churches should be allowed refuse to marry homosexuals couples, should they be allowed to refuse to marry mixed race couples if it goes against their doctrine?

Yes indeed.

Because after all, marriage is primarily a civil union. The state can marry whomever they will.

Churches are not obliged to. They are separate from the state.

Now, if the state REQUIRED its people to attend church and adhere to a particular religion..THEN it would have the right to impose whatever restrictions it chooses to upon the churches.

Which is why Christians are always adamantly supportive of the separation of church and state.

Unlike murderous atheists and criminal progressives.

Pastors who perform weddings are acting as civil servants and should thus be required to comply with non-discrimination laws applicable to such.

They should not have to perform ceremonies in their church as a religious ceremony, however.

Wrong. The claim that democracy is the cure - all for the ills of society is the single greatest lie in all of human history.
Democracy gave us the right to vote, not God. God doesn't actually exist.

Not according to our founders.
That's nice. Slave owners believed that all men were created equal in the likeness of the all-loving invisible man in the sky.

You still have the right to believe that bullshit because America legalized marijuana in 1942.

Pastors who perform weddings are acting as civil servants and should thus be required to comply with non-discrimination laws applicable to such.

They should not have to perform ceremonies in their church as a religious ceremony, however.

Did you read that in the same book where you got school districts are sovereign?

It has been tried many times before.

Historically, when the state has sought authority over the church, the leaders will do it in the name of this religion or that..but it is always the state that is exerting the authority. Thus the horrific bloody persecutions of the past are a result not of Christianity attempting to establish itself (this is what our school children come out of school believing, based on the half-formed claptrap they hear from their illiterate teachers) but have been a result of a state body exerting force over the church.

", Soviet authorities suppressed and persecuted various forms of Christianity to different extents depending on the particular era. Soviet policy, based on the ideology of Marxism-Leninism, made atheism the official doctrine of the Soviet Union. Marxism-Leninism has consistently advocated the control, suppression, and the elimination of religious beliefs.[1]

The state was committed to the destruction of religion,[2][3] and destroyed churches, mosques and temples, ridiculed, harassed and executed religious leaders, flooded the schools and media with atheistic teachings, and generally promoted atheism as the truth that society should accept.[4][5] The total number of Christian victims of Soviet state atheist policies, has been estimated to range between 12-20 millions.[6][7][8]

Religious beliefs and practices persisted among the majority of the population,[4] in the domestic and private spheres but also in the scattered public spaces allowed by a state that recognised its failure to eradicate religion and the political dangers of an unrelenting culture war."

Persecution of Christians in the Soviet Union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course, nobody has ever done it so well as atheists.

Ironically, today its the old Soviet Union remnants building Churches instead of tearing them down.

Nobody is asking them to

They are free to pursue their archaic hatred

Democracy gave us the right to vote, not God. God doesn't actually exist.

That's nice. Slave owners believed that all men were created equal in the likeness of the all-loving invisible man in the sky.

You still have the right to believe that bullshit because America legalized marijuana in 1942.

Do you respect the Bill of Rights and Constitution?

Do you respect the Bill of Rights and Constitution?
More than the Founders who signed it. How did slave-owners convince you that they respect freedom?

The First Amendment forbids public law from forcing anything on religious institutions, just as it forbids religious institutions from imposing their will on the public.

So churches should have the right to discriminate against homosexuals?

How about against racial minorities as well?

Its understanadable that some churches may feel they are following their concience by not allowing Homosexual marriage.Because there are scriptures that says that is a sin , whether or not I agree with that, I think they should be allowed to choose to marry them or not. There are plenty of churches and other places they can get married if they get turned down by one.

Where inthe bible does it say to discriminate by race ? If a church discriminates by race I dont see how that is the same thing.

If a church holds itself out as a public service for weddings, then, certainly yes.

If it does not, then certainly not.

Did you read that in the same book where you got school districts are sovereign?

I never said that.

Forum List

Back