Should Christians Talk About Sex?

I don't care what he does on line. I love him and don't cheat on him so... do I think a truly committed Christian should be spending a lot of time on line? No.

Well, that depends on what you are DOING while you are online. Also, you didn't answer my question about homosexuals. If it isn't that you think they make a mockery of marriage, why is it that you are opposed to gay marriages?

Because GOD opposes it.
But you follow the son of God, and therefore need to stone yourself for blasphemy...

I don't think people stone themselves in the Bible.... maybe I missed that part....

I've never seen Life of Brian - now I can say I've seen part of it. I'd lie if I didn't say I thought it was funny <I'm so ashamed!>

Last edited:
... in a factual or positive light?

Why or why not?

Sexuality and reproduction are biological realities. If a god made us, he also made us reproduce by sex, made sex feel good, gave both sexes orgasms and climaxes as an extra incentive to have sex (as if sex itself didn't feel pretty nice already,) so why wouldn't we talk about it?

Fact though is that Christianity compared to Judaism and Islam is decidely anti-sex. Christianity came about during a time when the first defacto Christians were Jews. Judaism is much more accepting of the biological imperative to have sex it actually wrote this into their religious texts, both in Genesis "be fruitful, and multiply' as well as where sex is the wife/woman's right, not the husband/man's and as a result, men are obligated to give their wives sex when ever they wish it. Not the other way around.

As Christianity became more and more distinct from Judaism via Gnostics and then the Catholics, the Catholics in particular asserted a more paternalistic theology with God male and men in charge of both the church and family unit. This approach resulted in many misogynistic tenets and attitudes including eventually the contention sexual desire (being a woman's right instead of the man's) was evil.

Over the centuries then, despite numerous fractures and founding of different denominations, the paternalistic angle remained. Continued up to present day as when the Southern Baptist Convention formallized this via Ephesians 5 'man is head of the church...' thing. Protestants have a long history of being anti-sex in their various theologies. Sex was for reproduction alone, not pleasure, which is actually at odds with their own Canons.

Can see how original Jewish texts and the later Bibles differ in their rendering of Exodus 21:10 bearing out their respective differences about a woman vs man's role in a marriage:

10If he takes another [wife] for himself, he shall not diminish her sustenance, her clothing, or her marital relations.
- Chabad Torah

10 If he take him another wife, her food, her raiment, and her conjugal rights, shall he not diminish.
- mechon-mamre.org "Bible" (note 'her conjugal rights' not 'his rights')

Fast-foward to the KJV then:

10If he take him another wife; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.

Suddenly, sex is the 'woman's duty.'

... in a factual or positive light?

Why or why not?

Why shouldn't they? Why shouldn't any group or religion?

Mostly because men want to be protected from lust because apparently it can't be controlled... (yeah, right!)
Marriage will take care of that..it kills a sex life faster than a rocket to the Moon...

.... only for sluts like you....

Ahem . . . :D

I don't care what he does on line. I love him and don't cheat on him so... do I think a truly committed Christian should be spending a lot of time on line? No.

Well, that depends on what you are DOING while you are online. Also, you didn't answer my question about homosexuals. If it isn't that you think they make a mockery of marriage, why is it that you are opposed to gay marriages?

Because GOD opposes it.

Oh REALLY?? :)

What Does the Bible Say About Lust?

Because GOD opposes it.

Oh REALLY?? :)

What Does the Bible Say About Lust?

So . . . in light of this, could it be that you are actually working for . . . SATAN??? :eek:

48367058.jpg

No. Sex is unclean.

I mean like on here... general discussion ... I know acting on it and being lustful is sinful,

When Jesus said that if a man looks at a woman with lust in his heart he has already committed adultery he was not condemning sex or saying that people being attracted to other people are sinners, he was pointing out the absurdity and perversity of the teaching that the law concerning adultery is about sex at all.

How hypocritical and unjust is it to only punish some people for doing what everyone else is always thinking about?

That alone should be enough reason for anyone who seeks the kingdom of God to search for a deeper meaning in the words used in the law that has nothing to do with sex and would reflect the wisdom of a just and benevolent God.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back