Should Cain Win Nomination,Who Would You Recommend For VP To Insure "Cain-Train" Win?

OK, how about this ticket ;; Cain / Bill Clinton ?? now that's a historic ticket, the first and second black presidents on the same ticket. Sounds good to me.

Colin Powell. If he'd do it. So many reasons why.... he is great on foreign affairs, he's smarter than most politicians (left or right), he's ex-military.... and.... best of all.... we'd have two black guys on the ticket. I'd love to see how the Democrats cope with that. LMAO

what perosnal views of colin powells would make him appealing to republican voters?

what personal views of his of forgiegn affiars do you like?

what views of his make you think he is smart?

asking who cains vp should be is like askign who the dollphins should start as quaterback if they make it to the superbowl this year.......

a pointless excercise since it will never happen.........

i'd chew my own arm off before i'd pull a lever for someone like palin... whereas i would have voted for mccain circa 2000. he was a good man before he started sucking up to "the base".

I'll add my anecdotal evidence here too. I had a lot of family members in Indiana who had NEVER in their life even contemplated voting for a Democrat vote for Obama in 2008 because Palin scared the crap out of them.

VP choices can really hurt a ticket. Palin pretty much cost McCain a percentage point with the Moderates every time she opened her mouth, and she brought to the ticket very very little.

dick cheney

I always thought he was a strange choice for VP for Bush. He kinda undercut any hope that people would see Bush as competent, as people would always attribute to Cheney the really decisive actions and to Bush the stupid ideas.

Truthfully though, despite my personal feelings on the guy, he turned out to be a hell of an administrator and strong man for the Bush Administration. He'd make a hell of a Chief of Staff for the next guy up.

i'm not sure i'd agree. historically, they do try to balance tickets geographically and, sometimes, ideologically.

i'd make the argument that palin helped cost mccain the presidency in 2008. (now, notice i said "helped". she was not the only cause).

I know the theory, but I find it implausible.

For example, if you DETESTED Vice President Biden but were ideologically in love with President Obama, would you hesitate in voting for the President's re-election simply because he failed to dump the current Veep?

I think that it is probable that more folks liked Palin's addition to the ticket than disliked it. But I can't believe (and I don't believe) that anybody would vote FOR the McCain ticket OR against the McCain ticket on the basis of who he had selected for Veep. The alternative was then Senator Obama.

How could love or hate of Gov. Palin make you decide FOR OR against candidate Obama?

Not seeing it.

the only think i can say is that mccain was ahead til the economy crashed. people looked at this guy who was in his 70's and his had cancer multiple times and a myriad of other health problems and his VP pick was someone who said there's such a thing as "pro-america parts of the country" and though she had foreign policy experience because alaska shared a maritime boarder with russia.

i'd chew my own arm off before i'd pull a lever for someone like palin... whereas i would have voted for mccain circa 2000. he was a good man before he started sucking up to "the base".

You do seem this stupid.

:ssex::boobies::boobies::laugh2::mm::smoke:

It's actually too early to choose a definite VP should Cain win. To begin with, you have to see how well Romney does. If it's a very close 49/51 race for Cain and Romney to the very end,and both candidates receive a record number for votes in the primaries {which would have Obama and Wasserman crapping themselves} then the GOP would consider a Cain/Romney ticket if they see it as a "Landslidable Ticket"
But if Cain wins decisively over Mitt, and sees Mitt as risky, he may refer to Paul Ryan, and of course Rubio if he reconsiders. And keep in mind Newt.
:cheers2:
So for now, if it does come down to Herman Cain winning, who would you like to see as his running mate to ensure that Obama is shown the door in January 2013, with Meechelle packing up all of her frozen burgers & fries.
:bye1::bye1::bye1::banana:

Daffy Duck??

if not Newt, Newt could be Secretary Of State, and O'Teleprompter can stay on as Secretary Of Navy Corpsemen.

The answer for every single person that supports Cain will more or less read, "Someone that actually has a stance on the issues and policies to back up what they say." A strong VP for Cain means if you vote for Cain your somehow not a total fucking idiot.

The best part about Cain is no one knows what the fuck he stands for or what his plans are.

News flash for everyone that wants Cain's VP to be Newt... Newt has no plans to be Cain’s VP and will destroy Cain while being nice to him so A) Cain get's knocked out of the race B) Cain's supporters (lol) view Newt as the next option.

You don't have to be overly intelligent to see it coming.

The answer for every single person that supports Cain will more or less read, "Someone that actually has a stance on the issues and policies to back up what they say." A strong VP for Cain means if you vote for Cain your somehow not a total fucking idiot.

That reasoning makes everyone who voted for Obama a fucking idiot.

Forum List

Back