Should Cain Win Nomination,Who Would You Recommend For VP To Insure "Cain-Train" Win?

Oct 10, 2011
Naples

:ssex::boobies::boobies::laugh2::mm::smoke:

It's actually too early to choose a definite VP should Cain win. To begin with, you have to see how well Romney does. If it's a very close 49/51 race for Cain and Romney to the very end,and both candidates receive a record number for votes in the primaries {which would have Obama and Wasserman crapping themselves} then the GOP would consider a Cain/Romney ticket if they see it as a "Landslidable Ticket"
But if Cain wins decisively over Mitt, and sees Mitt as risky, he may refer to Paul Ryan, and of course Rubio if he reconsiders. And keep in mind Newt.
:cheers2:
So for now, if it does come down to Herman Cain winning, who would you like to see as his running mate to ensure that Obama is shown the door in January 2013, with Meechelle packing up all of her frozen burgers & fries.
:bye1::bye1::bye1::banana:

• Banned
if it came down to a Cain/Rubio ticket, you know the media will accuse both of being born outside then USA.

:ssex::boobies::boobies::laugh2::mm::smoke:

It's actually too early to choose a definite VP should Cain win. To begin with, you have to see how well Romney does. If it's a very close 49/51 race for Cain and Romney to the very end,and both candidates receive a record number for votes in the primaries {which would have Obama and Wasserman crapping themselves} then the GOP would consider a Cain/Romney ticket if they see it as a "Landslidable Ticket"
But if Cain wins decisively over Mitt, and sees Mitt as risky, he may refer to Paul Ryan, and of course Rubio if he reconsiders. And keep in mind Newt.
:cheers2:
So for now, if it does come down to Herman Cain winning, who would you like to see as his running mate to ensure that Obama is shown the door in January 2013, with Meechelle packing up all of her frozen burgers & fries.
:bye1::bye1::bye1::banana:

LMAO!!!! If it is Cain, Obama will be jumping for joy. It won't matter if Cain chose Jesus himself as his running mate, it would be a landslide for Obama and the Dems and Congress would probably go Democrat again. Dems can only hope for such a favorable scenario.

I think it's early for the what if, especially considering Cain's odds of winning the nomination don't look that great.

I have never been persuaded that the Veep spot on the ticket makes even one fucking difference at the polling booths.

i'm not sure i'd agree. historically, they do try to balance tickets geographically and, sometimes, ideologically.

i'd make the argument that palin helped cost mccain the presidency in 2008. (now, notice i said "helped". she was not the only cause).

I have never been persuaded that the Veep spot on the ticket makes even one fucking difference at the polling booths.

i'm not sure i'd agree. historically, they do try to balance tickets geographically and, sometimes, ideologically.

i'd make the argument that palin helped cost mccain the presidency in 2008. (now, notice i said "helped". she was not the only cause).

I know the theory, but I find it implausible.

For example, if you DETESTED Vice President Biden but were ideologically in love with President Obama, would you hesitate in voting for the President's re-election simply because he failed to dump the current Veep?

I think that it is probable that more folks liked Palin's addition to the ticket than disliked it. But I can't believe (and I don't believe) that anybody would vote FOR the McCain ticket OR against the McCain ticket on the basis of who he had selected for Veep. The alternative was then Senator Obama.

How could love or hate of Gov. Palin make you decide FOR OR against candidate Obama?

Not seeing it.

Someone with lots of foreign experience that is for sure.

As much as I like his style, his xenophobia is kind of worrisome.

For example, if you DETESTED Vice President Biden but were ideologically in love with President Obama, would you hesitate in voting for the President's re-election simply because he failed to dump the current Veep?

I think that it is probable that more folks liked Palin's addition to the ticket than disliked it. But I can't believe (and I don't believe) that anybody would vote FOR the McCain ticket OR against the McCain ticket on the basis of who he had selected for Veep. The alternative was then Senator Obama.

How could love or hate of Gov. Palin make you decide FOR OR against candidate Obama?

Not seeing it.

Palin's remarks on several issues dear to me were the only reason I was able to, as it were, pull the lever for McCain.

Also McCain was pretty sick. Palin had a very good chance of inheriting the job. When dealing with a candidate like Reagan in 80 or McCain in 08 the Veep is more important than otherwise. When dealing with candidates like Clinton, Bush or Obama it is less of an issue. It won't matter for Cain. He is young and healthy. Gore and Biden are immortality insurance.

Colin Powell. If he'd do it. So many reasons why.... he is great on foreign affairs, he's smarter than most politicians (left or right), he's ex-military.... and.... best of all.... we'd have two black guys on the ticket. I'd love to see how the Democrats cope with that. LMAO

at this point, I will settle for Romney/Cain. I originally wanted Perry, then he blew it. Should Romney win,he will have his list of 10/12 candidates, with Chrisite/Rubio and Cain in the upper 5. Romney would probably have Christie as first choice. That would be a great ticket.

Not seeing it.

the only think i can say is that mccain was ahead til the economy crashed. people looked at this guy who was in his 70's and his had cancer multiple times and a myriad of other health problems and his VP pick was someone who said there's such a thing as "pro-america parts of the country" and though she had foreign policy experience because alaska shared a maritime boarder with russia.

i'd chew my own arm off before i'd pull a lever for someone like palin... whereas i would have voted for mccain circa 2000. he was a good man before he started sucking up to "the base".

Colin Powell. If he'd do it. So many reasons why.... he is great on foreign affairs, he's smarter than most politicians (left or right), he's ex-military.... and.... best of all.... we'd have two black guys on the ticket. I'd love to see how the Democrats cope with that. LMAO

i would have voted for him, too. even knowing he lied to the U.N.

i'll remind you, though, that he voted for and supported the current president... as did condaleeza rice.

If Cain or Romney chose a statue of Abe Lincoln for VP, we are talking a 60/40 landslide, and Obama will still demand he get his own library paid for by us.

Forum List

Back