Should Bush find a new VP?

Originally posted by dilloduck
Cheney debating whoever the dems choose as a VP candidate--envision that !

The real spectacle will be the Bush vs Kerry debates surely to come. What will John Kerry argue that hasn't already been compted by GW Bush?

Who will look more presidential on national media TV and who will be able to turn the election by cleaver retorts.

Thats why i want Cheney in there. He'll tear up any joke of a candidate they find on the streets for the Dems. I wouldnt mind it if the idea that was being posed today went through.

The proposed idea was that Cheney would take over as CIA Director and a new VP would step in. That would be the only way i'd accept him stepping down. He's too valuable a person to remove from the team.

Guys c'mon, it's becoming so blantantly obvious that it will be Edwards.

Now, I think that Cheney could abuse the inexperienced Edwards in a debate.

What do you all think?

The most politically deft, and the most likely occurence, will be the expected Bush/Cheney ticket for 2004. Sometime during the President's 2nd term Vice President Cheney will resign, probably mentioning family or health as an explanation.

The President will then choose (he quite possibly already has a short list) a nominee to succeed VP Cheney, a nominee who will now have the advantage of being an incumbent for the 2008 elections. This is assuming the GOP controls a majority of both houses of Congress.

This will also avoid any media fabricated controversy that would arise should the President decide to switch VP's before this upcoming election.

I'd like to see Cheney retire from politics, go back to work for Haliburton and finally make all that money he has been accused of making the last three years. He deserves that for all the shit he has put up with!

Well if he ends up debating Edwards, assuming Edwards becomes the nominee it might be interesting to watch because Edwards made his fortune arguing and debating.

But then during the previous debates Edwards was kinda crappy so i dont expect much regardless.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
I'd like to see Cheney retire from politics, go back to work for Haliburton and finally make all that money he has been accused of making the last three years. He deserves that for all the shit he has put up with!

He does deserve it for what he has put up with. I have no doubt that when Cheney does leave politics he will be successful.

Forum List

Back