Should blind people be allowed to drive?

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Local governments have in the recent past made admirable attempts to be more culturally inclusive by printing official documents in various languages.

However, one city council might have let its enthusiasm run away with itself - by printing taxi-driver licence applications in braille. A note on the Portsmouth City Council website says the documents can be downloaded in large print, Braille or audio.

The Lib-Dem controlled local authority defended the decision.

Read more: Enthusiastic city council issues 'inclusive' taxi driver license applications - in Braille | Mail Online

I think the people that came up with this crackpot idea should lose their license to govern.

How utterly stupid, you are right, they are too stupid to govern.

This is funny, I thought it was some sort of joke

according to ray charles driver...mr charles liked to drive....they would go out in the country and mr charles would drive according to the sighted drivers directions.....

but no ...its should not be encouraged and i dont think i would hop into a cab with a blind driver

Doh! This isn't offering driving licenses to taxi drivers! It's clearly an error, or some twit carrying equality rules to a ridiculous level. You can't get a license to drive ANYTHING in Britain if you are blind or partially sighted!

Of course the blind should be allowed to drive. How else are they going to access the drive-thru ATM machines at banks? I mean, the banks put Braille directions on their machines for the all the blind drivers. Right?

Well, if he can get that Class A license....

Sounds like someone got an idiotic order from a council rep, and is being passive aggressive nasty.

Doh! This isn't offering driving licenses to taxi drivers! It's clearly an error, or some twit carrying equality rules to a ridiculous level. You can't get a license to drive ANYTHING in Britain if you are blind or partially sighted!

Colin - my question was facetious. You should know that about me by now. :lol:

However, I do know in NJ you do not need to know how to read or write English - or can be functionally illiterate. Might as well be blind if you can't understand the exit signs. :cuckoo:

Local governments have in the recent past made admirable attempts to be more culturally inclusive by printing official documents in various languages.

However, one city council might have let its enthusiasm run away with itself - by printing taxi-driver licence applications in braille. A note on the Portsmouth City Council website says the documents can be downloaded in large print, Braille or audio.

Read more: Enthusiastic city council issues 'inclusive' taxi driver license applications - in Braille | Mail Online

I think the people that came up with this crackpot idea should lose their license to govern.

I can't see why they would do this...

;)

I can't see why they would do this...

;)

Take another close look!

Most already do.....at least to go vote.
Have you seen who has been "running" errrrr ruining the country, for the last 60 years ?

If not, I can send you a list in braille.

Forum List

Back