Should Blacks Pay Reparations To Whites?

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by S.J., Jun 6, 2013.

1. katsteve2012

katsteve2012 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,558
    He never MADE a claim...read the fucking thread.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  2. S.J.

S.J. Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,431
    I guess you think if you call me names and use a lot of profanity it will somehow make your argument stronger, huh? Yeah, welfare started under FDR, so naturally it drew a lot of blacks to the Democratic Party. And yeah, it WAS because of welfare, that's pretty obvious.
    One racist, huh? Here's a list of the Senators who organized the filibuster of the 1964 Civil Rights Act:
    Robert Byrd - DEMOCRAT
    Richard Russell - DEMOCRAT
    Strom Thurmond - DEMOCRAT (switched to Republican later)
    William Fulbright - DEMOCRAT
    Sam Irvin - DEMOCRAT

And who broke the filibuster so the legislation could pass? You guessed it.

Everett Dirksen - REPUBLICAN.

Maybe YOU should try reading up on history instead of relying on liberal hack sites like FactCheck.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Delores Paulk

Delores Paulk Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +50
    My husband explained it to me this way. The African tribes which were at war with each other took prisoners from the other tribes. The prisoners were kept 7 years, then could marry into the tribe or go back to their own. When the slave traders came to the coasts, they sold the prisoners to them, believing the same rules of war would apply. Later, when they found out what was really happening to them, they stopped and moved farther into the interior of the country. Then the slave traders hunted and captured them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. katsteve2012

katsteve2012 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,558
    I was aware of that. It is common knowledge. And what is the common denominator?

ALL of them were southerners. I stated earlier in this thread that I am not loyal to any party, and I also stated that SOUTHERN democrats AND republicans were just as racist and backward in the 20th century as they were in past centuries....you just chose to ignore that bit of truth.

You claimed that blacks have been voting Democrat since the Johnson administration because of welfare....and I clearly showed you that welfare was not the reason and the shift of black voters began long before the Johnson era.

5. S.J.

S.J. Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,431
    The common denominator is that all of them were DEMOCRATS, including Al Gore Sr.
    What you showed me was that blacks started their migration to the Democratic Party beginning with FDR, who first started the welfare program. It was Lyndon Johnson who saw the opportunity to put them back on the plantation by expanding the welfare program which opened the flood gates for blacks to be dependent on his party far into the future. You have trouble facing the fact that blacks have been selling their vote for a welfare check since it's inception, the same way they sold their own people into slavery.

6. katsteve2012

katsteve2012 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,558
    As usual, you post nonsense without including any credible historical information.. Yes they were democrats but their SOUTHERN legacy and ideology is what made them the backward,bigots that they were. Southern republicans were no different.

And as far as FDR gaining the black vote because of him introducing welfare, white people, specifically white mothers were the primary beneficiaries of FDRS New Deal safety net.....try doing some reading for a change:

How racism has shaped welfare policy in America since 1935

7. Correll

Correll Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,356

20th century southerns just as racists as "past centuries"?

What does that say about your boy Jimmy?

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. katsteve2012

katsteve2012 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,558
    Here is what I have to say to YOU.
    The point was regading the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which has NOTHING to do with 1976. Try to keep up, or go away.

"You don't need to know too much history to understand that the South from the civil war to the Civil Rights Act of 1964 tended to be opposed to minority rights. This factor was separate from party identification or ideology. We can easily control for this variable by breaking up the voting by those states that were part of the confederacy and those that were not.

[​IMG]
    You can see that geography was far more predictive of voting coalitions on the Civil Rights than party affiliation. What linked Dirksen and Mansfield was the fact that they weren't from the south. In fact, 90% of members of Congress from states (or territories) that were part of the Union voted in favor of the act, while less than 10% of members of Congress from the old Confederate states voted for it. This 80pt difference between regions is far greater than the 15pt difference between parties.

Source:Were Republicans really the party of civil rights in the 1960s? | Harry J Enten

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
  9. S.J.

S.J. Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,431
    It's possible that whites did collect more welfare back then than blacks. Blacks were, and still are, a small minority of the population. That doesn't mean they didn't recognize the opportunity to get a free ride the same way they do today. The "safety net" quickly became a way of life for blacks, and now they can't function in life without it (or don't care to even try). They expect it and see it as an entitlement.
    I understand your embarrassment but if you really wanted to improve your image and your status as humans you would acknowledge that you've become slaves once again, only to the government, and do something about THAT instead of whining about racism for 6 or 7 decades to justify it. That tired old excuse has run it's course and society is now tuning you out. They're tired of trying to elevate you when you won't even try to elevate yourselves. You owe the taxpayers a refund.

10. ThirdTerm

ThirdTerm Severely Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Abe Lincoln freed slaves to create chaos in the South and win the war and he didn't do it for humanitarian reasons. Lincoln hoped that the Emancipation Proclamation would further undermine the Confederacy as thousands of slaves had fled Southern plantations to Union lines.