Should Black Degrees be Equally Valued?

its kinda funny because I don't oppose AA, I oppose the racial quotas that it devolves into. I would be quite happy if minorities got a .333 STD increase on their qualifications. or .5, .67, maybe even a full 1.0 STD in some cases. but as it stands now the preference is so large that there is scarcely any overlap between the different racial cohorts, at least in post graduate studies. I want AA to be keyed on individuals not gerrymandered to produce the required number of minorities. I want minorities to be able to fully compete with their classmates, which they can't do right now because they are getting roughly a 2 standard deviation benefit on average. that is insane and leads to poor performance by a substantial percentage and only increases stereotyping. better to admit those who are able, even if the numbers are fewer.

besides, who says blacks and other minorities won't rise to the challenge if the stigma of 'low expectations' is removed?

Nationalize education and pay for every school based on the number of students rather than the wealth of the surrounding neighborhood,

I have never been able to figure out the crazy american way of funding schools. in Canada the provinces pay per child, and local school boards decide how to spend it.

I've seen the way the Fed handles things and I fail to understand how one could want to nationalize anything.

Nationalize education and pay for every school based on the number of students rather than the wealth of the surrounding neighborhood,

I have never been able to figure out the crazy american way of funding schools. in Canada the provinces pay per child, and local school boards decide how to spend it.

That's because there is NO single crazy american way of funding schools.

Each state makes up its own crazy way, so there's actually 50 seperate crazy ways.

They still have to make the grade. Just because they were offered a placement, does not guarantee their diploma.

However, I do question the standards at some of the traditional "black colleges". Delaware State has a minimum SAT score of 800 for admission. They also accept students with GED's. My guess is just about anyone can get in.

Admissions Information & Requirements | DSU

Same is true of a lot of lower-level public colleges. Has nothing to do with being an HBCU.

Forum List

Back