Should Black Americans pay reparations to descendants of Yankee Soldiers?

So what rules were different. Has no bearing on the point. The point is whites didnt pay their debts. When they had the chance to pay their debts they kicked the can down the road in most cases and stole back land in other cases. I'm not asking you what you think about it. I'm telling you what I know about it. Your opinion has no impact on what I know.
People today do not owe that debt
Disagree. The government is still the US government. Nothing has changed. Its not an new country.
It is a different government
No it isnt. When did they change governments?
The government is made up of people. Different people, different government.
Nope. The government is made up of people appointed by the public. Nothing has changed about that government. That entity has not changed.

Rules were quite different back then. You fricken clowns feel you ought to get money for something you had nothing to do with and we had nothing to do with. Go stand on a damn corner if you're looking for freebies.
So what rules were different. Has no bearing on the point. The point is whites didnt pay their debts. When they had the chance to pay their debts they kicked the can down the road in most cases and stole back land in other cases. I'm not asking you what you think about it. I'm telling you what I know about it. Your opinion has no impact on what I know.
Disagree. The government is still the US government. Nothing has changed. Its not an new country.

Dang, is that a trick question? When liberals got a little bit of power, when being gay didn't mean being happy, when Muslims decided they had a say.

Nope. The government is made up of people appointed by the public. Nothing has changed about that government. That entity has not changed.
The public today has changed

The public today has changed
That doesnt dissolve the debt that was never paid.

The Yankee Soldiers and their families are dead now, and the slaves they freed are also dead.

How much you think the descendants of freed slaves should pay?
Zero. They shouldnt have to file taxes for the next 3 decades. Why should Black people pay because white people fucked up and didnt pay in the past?

Zero. They shouldnt have to file taxes for the next 3 decades. Why should Black people pay because white people fucked up and didnt pay in the past?
It was almost entirely white people that died freeing the slaves... That's more than you paid.

Most black people don't pay income taxes now.

It was almost entirely white people that died freeing the slaves... That's more than you paid.

Most black people don't pay income taxes now.
Thats their fault. Has nothing to do with Black people paying anything. Whites didnt fight to free Black slaves. They fought to make sure whites couldnt later be enslaved. You sound like an idiot. Why would whites fight to free Black people just to turn around and discriminate against them for a couple of more centuries?

Everytime I forget how ignorant you are you speak up and remind me. :laughing0301:

Thats their fault. Has nothing to do with Black people paying anything. Whites didnt fight to free Black slaves. They fought to make sure whites couldnt later be enslaved. You sound like an idiot. Why would whites fight to free Black people just to turn around and discriminate against them for a couple of more centuries?

Everytime I forget how ignorant you are you speak up and remind me. :laughing0301:
Anger and childish insults is no substitute for a coherent argument.

1 You said "It's their fault". Who's fault exactly is it? Give names.

2 Of course Democrats continued to discriminate with Jim Crow and Segregation after Republicans took their slaves away. But that's irrelevant to this argument.

The Yankee Soldiers and their families are dead now, and the slaves they freed are also dead.

How much you think the descendants of freed slaves should pay?
Because the black people today aren't owed for what white people in the past did.

Forum List

Back