Should AUTOMATIC firearms be legal ?

What difference does it make, Timmy? You are looking for an answer that will allow you to bash those who support the 2nd amendment. Fact is that it makes no difference what is legal or not. Those who would murder don't give a rat's ass about laws and there are more than enough illegal firearms they can get ahold of. Remember all those weapons that the Obama administration allowed into the hands of criminals? That's just a tiny percent.

Criminals would continue to have all kinds of weapons even if a total ban became law.

The person holding the gun is either dangerous or not dangerous. If a dangerous person does have a weapons of any kind, a gun is the only equalizer. Maybe you liberals are fine with becoming victims should your home get invaded by a gang but many would rather have the means to fight.

Gang home invasions have increased, especially in the southern states. If 4 or 5 gang members kick your door down in the middle of the night, an automatic weapon is your only hope of saving your family.

If guns scare you, don't buy them. I hope you have good home security and cameras to help the police catch the murderers. Of course, if they are illegal, they'll end up in a sanctuary city anyway.

As long as criminals have weapons, I will have mine. Always need to be as well armed as any potential threat. I don't want to be a victim.

In the past, the biggest threat to unarmed people was the government. History can and will repeat itself if the same circumstances come about.

I would live in fear of a liberal government and a gun ban. It would be the end.

I’ll take that as a yes.

Why don’t you just own your screwball position? Why are u embarrassed by it? Unless, deep down you know you are wrong .

YOu haven't owned the fact that your original question is based on a faulty premise, since automatic weapons are not actually banned.

But they kind of are banned . Sure there are some floating around and you need to go thru all kinds of hoops to get . But it’s effectivly a ban .

Effectively a ban? There are over 28,000 of them in Texas. If that is a ban, it is most ineffective.
Texas has population of 28 million. That means only 0.1 percent of the population owns one - perhaps even less since collectors probably own more than one.

They are not common firearms, no. But then, I never said they were. But 28k of them in one state is hardly "...there are some floating around...".

And, as I said, if there are 28k in Texas, it is a most ineffective ban.

from: ATF Reveals The Number of Registered Machine Guns - The Truth About Guns
"For several years NFATCA has been “battling” DOJ/ATF for release of current numbers. After a rejection and several well-fought appeals we have the numbers. The total number on the books as of February 24, 2016 is just under a half million:"

This link: https://www.quora.com/How-many-lega...-real-full-auto-weapons-covered-under-the-NFA says there are a shade over half a millions fully automatic weapons.

If you consider 500k to be "...some floating around", you and I think differently about it.

They are already legal. You just have to pay the tax.

Well, not really.

Well, yes really.

Of course we should ban them entirely because all you have to do is pay. Tax right?

How about we ban crazy people instead?

I like how you skipped all the details. Not surprised. The last thing you want to do is discuss the truth.

Law enforcement had 40 incidents involving Cruz prior to the shooting. They did nothing.

So your objections should focus on law enforcement. Look. Let’s try being honest for a change. The police have had the ability for more than thirty years in Florida to involuntarily commit someone for three days to get a psychiatric evaluation. Cruz rang every bell, and it was never taken. The FBI was advised, and did nothing. It wasn’t that the system lacked the authority or ability. They lacked the will. Not unusual. Every attack has had warning signs. The Boston Marathon Bombing? Oh a typo prevented the Feds from connecting the dots.

In a way, our response to these events in absolutely insane. It’s like the guy who puts a buck on the lottery and loses. Then he doubles down with two bucks. Before long he is putting everything on the lottery every week. We would say he has a gambling problem. As a society we have a legislation problem. The laws prohibiting the tragedy didn’t work because the authorities didn’t use them. Instead of blaming the folks not doing their jobs, we want a new law to prevent it.

Imagine that there is a stretch of road where kids are drag racing. The speed limit is fifty. The cops never show up and pass out tickets. So we lower the speed limit to 40. The kids keep drag racing. Again no tickets. We demand that the speed limit be lowered. Then lowered again. Eventually the speed limit is 5 and nothing has changed. Sound insane? Well it is what we are doing with guns. We don’t enforce the laws we have and instead demand new ones.

People argue that progressive ideas are logical. They aren’t. They are fantasy. In the UK they have speed cameras up all over. This is to reduce highway deaths. The highway deaths are exactly the same as before they put the cameras up. The answer? More cameras are needed. If something isn’t working, more of the same won’t work either.

The system is broken. The cops aren’t doing the job. So pretending that lowering the speed limit again will fix it is asinine. It’s delusional.
:yes_text12:

Forum List

Back