Should Arizona declare war and defend it boarders with force?

Article 1 - The Legislative Branch
Section 10 - Powers Prohibited of States

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.
No State shall, without the Consent of the Congress, lay any Imposts or Duties on Imports or Exports, except what may be absolutely necessary for executing it's inspection Laws: and the net Produce of all Duties and Imposts, laid by any State on Imports or Exports, shall be for the Use of the Treasury of the United States; and all such Laws shall be subject to the Revision and Controul of the Congress.
No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.
U.S. Constitution - Article 1 Section 10 - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

It can be argued that Arizona is under imminent danger, since the Feds are unwilling to uphold the law. Arizona has a legal right to protect itself, even engaging in war to do so........

With what army? Sherriff Joe?
well, should it be deemed necessary the national guard is under the command of the governors

not that i'm saying they would need to do this, but it seems like you dont know what you are talking about once again

Actually, that's not necessarily so any longer. The president coulld easily circumvent that order, or he could simply sends 20 thousand regular soldiers from say .... Northcom for example under the guise that Arizona was violating the civil rights of illegal immigrants. Wouldn't be the first time the military has been used for law enforcement purposes when a civil rights issues was at hand and even as illegals the filthy invaders from Mexico still have certain rights.

but that doesnt change what i said to Sarahg

Oh yes it does. The Governers can NOT use the National Guard against the President's wishes. It's that simple.
i disagree
the national guard CAN be used by the governors but there are limits

I do not think the nation guard in under the control of the govenor.

But there is the state defense force

Federal bills specific to State Defense Forces
HR 206 State Defense Force Improvement Act, 2009, 111th Congress
HR 5658 Duncan Hunter National Defense Authorization Act FY09, 2008, 110th Congress
HR 826 State Defense Force Improvement Act, 2007, 110th Congress
HR 3401 State Defense Force Improvement Act, 2005, 109th Congress
HR 2797 State Defense Force Improvement Act, 2003, 108th Congress

but that doesnt change what i said to Sarahg

Oh yes it does. The Governers can NOT use the National Guard against the President's wishes. It's that simple.
i disagree
the national guard CAN be used by the governors but there are limits

And you are wrong. Twenty two years of service you learn how things work. The governor can REQUEST that troops be deployed, the governer can not order. The President can ORDER.

With what army? Sherriff Joe?
well, should it be deemed necessary the national guard is under the command of the governors

not that i'm saying they would need to do this, but it seems like you dont know what you are talking about once again

Actually, that's not necessarily so any longer. The president coulld easily circumvent that order, or he could simply sends 20 thousand regular soldiers from say .... Northcom for example under the guise that Arizona was violating the civil rights of illegal immigrants. Wouldn't be the first time the military has been used for law enforcement purposes when a civil rights issues was at hand and even as illegals the filthy invaders from Mexico still have certain rights.

posse comitatus SEVERELY limits the circumstances in which military members may operate within the united states.

I wonder how many are (in their heads) answering "yes" to your question.

Considering the responses I've been seeing on this subject the last couple weeks, there are a good number who are willing to openly admit it or least not deny that we should do so. Should be telling considering how many more are not willing to say so.

Forum List

Back