Should Animal Hunting Be Banned?

You do know that hunting is a sport, I suppose.

Yes. My husband is a hunter. I equate 'sport' hunting with killing an animal just for the sake of killing & not for other reasons such as food, or for conservation reasons.

I'm pretty sure your way of thinking is flawed and leaves me wondering how you could be so far off base. You see, it's the sportsman that are doing everything right, before, during, and after the hunt.

The problem with hunting lies with all the bad sports out there doing everything wrong, and that tends to make everybody look bad.

I suppose my inability to separate the two words 'trophy' & 'sport' is the problem. I think of hunting for 'sport' would be for example: fox hunting. But I suppose that would be considered 'trophy'? Because it is not for food or usually for conservation purposes or property protection.

I don't think there's much sport to fox hunting myself. The mere thought of fox hunting triggers almost cartoonish like thoughts of some king piling his big fat ass on a horse to go out and kill a pint sized k-9.

Back in the day when I was a pint sized human growing up out in the desert,we were all covered up in coyotes, desert fox, and everything else that flew, crawled, slithered and walked. And they were all headed for the same place. The swimming pool behind our house.

I will try to separate the two meanings. When I used the word 'sport' it was not meant towards responsible hunting. Like I said, my husband hunts, & I am not against all forms. We have coyote & fox where I live & for the most part stay out in the woods. Squirrels are the varmints that are a nuisance & I've popped what I had to because they can be quite destructive.

Yeah squirrels didn't fare to well at our place. The coyotes scarfed em up before we got there. We did have an abundance of prairie dogs, rabbits, mice & snakes. A regular supermarket & the shelves were always stocked. Plus everything that dined on them.

I'm work very hard at efficiently killing as many & fast as possible. I would love to cause a few species to go extinct. I kill with impunity & even obtain licenses to kill!
Youre trying way too hard. An experienced troll learns how to be more subtle. I mean youre beating us over the head with a hammer at this point. :laugh:

Truth, Not Trolling.

Some Fine Hunting Dogs!
CajunSquirrelDogHuntingDogSquirrelsKilledRedPickUpTruck1.jpg

I'm work very hard at efficiently killing as many & fast as possible. I would love to cause a few species to go extinct. I kill with impunity & even obtain licenses to kill!
Youre trying way too hard. An experienced troll learns how to be more subtle. I mean youre beating us over the head with a hammer at this point. :laugh:

Truth, Not Trolling.

Some Fine Hunting Dogs!
CajunSquirrelDogHuntingDogSquirrelsKilledRedPickUpTruck1.jpg
How does it work? You shoot a rabbit and they fetch it, or do they find it, then you shoot it?

Animals have done nothing to deserve this. Think about the harmless animals that haven't been doing anything to people. They get killed for no reason. Some people just want a new fur coat, some need a head on their wall, and others just want to kill for fun. Rabbits, deer, dogs and other animals get killed for stupid things like skins and fur. This will cause extinction and a change needs to happen.
BTW, researches show that about 200 million animals are killed every year.
I only hunt deer or wild pigs. These animals live free until the day I shoot them and its over quickly, hopefully.

I hope I don't have to explain how in Michigan and America we regulate hunting. We know when there are too many and not enough. This year you can only shoot a deer with 4 antlers on one side. So a 7 point or higher. If it's 6 points you got to let it go. Can't turn it in to be processed.

Compared to slaughter house cows this is humaine.

Did you know if there are too many deer a lot of them starve over the winter. I know 20 hunters who plant ten different crop that feed the deer when the snow gets deep.

If you're talking about going vegan, ain't gonna happens till we have to.

I wish we would close off half of Detroit and let it turn back into a forest. I'm with you on not taking all their land. I love neighborhoods that have wetlands and woods. Nature preserves are important. Where I live some subdivisions almost look like the hobbit's community. We have state land behind our sub.

But you should not and will not ever stop hunting. It's great. Yes I get a rush from the shot but there is so much more to it than that. And for about $200 you get lean good deer meat for a year not cow crap.

Forum List

Back