Should an online voter registration system be created

Should there be an option to register to vote online?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

jtkamp19

Rookie
Sep 12, 2012
Ohio
Something that has always bothered me about the United States is the extremely low voter turnout, and generally apathetic attitude people have towards voting. I think it is time we enable an option were people can register to vote online. I think this would especially help increase voter turnout in the 18-25 age bracket. Many of these people don't vote because they miss the voter registration deadline. With as many services that you can now do online, it surprises me so many states haven't tried to establish an online registration system.

Im surprised you can't. You would just have to send a copy of an ID somehow. I registered by mail when I got out of the army and I just filled out a form and had to send it along with a scanned copy of my ID to the Board of Elections. Just about as easy.

I have a bad feeling about that....with all the hacks that can steal your identity anyway, what would stop them from registering as someone else? Or someone dead?

I have a bad feeling about that....with all the hacks that can steal your identity anyway, what would stop them from registering as someone else? Or someone dead?
Do you think it's possible (I don't know if it is or not) to devise a foolproof means of registering online?

I know an offhand guess would be no, but as a relative computer dummy I will leave the final answer to someone who is more familiar with the capabilities of these amazing gadgets. (A few years ago I would not have believed half the things I see computers doing now.)

Forum List

Back