CDZ Should American Flags Have To Be Made In America?

Should American Flags Have To Be Made In America?

• Yes

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

PGreen

Nov 24, 2014
I think it would be nice for flags of the United States to be made in the United States. Not in China. When I buy an American flag I want to be supporting America. It makes you wonder, if the flag is a product of a whole different country, what else we recognize as American is not just that?

ec3d20ac0aa2990f1a3ff4b7e32f-should-american-flags-have-to-be-made-in-america.jpg

Actually, I do think you have a pretty interesting point, PGreen . But I am not so sure that it's such a big thing. Sure, I would love to see our beloved stars and stripes made in the USA. The last flags I owned (I always had two, one in reserve) were always made in the USA back in the day.

The question is: is your poll to make a political or a personal point? I'm cool with it either way, but think that a clarification on your part would indeed be nice.

I think that American flags made in America is a good thing. That being said, it would go against the principle of freedom to not allow American flags to be made in other countries.

I think it would be nice for flags of the United States to be made in the United States. Not in China. When I buy an American flag I want to be supporting America. It makes you wonder, if the flag is a product of a whole different country, what else we recognize as American is not just that?

ec3d20ac0aa2990f1a3ff4b7e32f-should-american-flags-have-to-be-made-in-america.jpg
Then haw about you make a personal choice and only buy flags that are made in America. That is what freedom looks like and that is how a capitalist economy works.

If people made that choice, China would not be making flags because it would not be profitable. Instead, people act as though they are drones and require the law to take that choice away. Silly thing, people.

Believe it or not, folks from all around the globe purchase American Flags - and not just to burn but to display in an honorable fashion. Plus, it's not like the design is copyrighted.

Or is it? :dunno:

Hell ya 'murica. Along with all the other products we currently have other countries manufacturing. Being such a throw away society is a real drag.

Depends on what you want out of our flag

I love to see the flag flying. I would like to see one on every house. I love going to a parade and seeing the whole crowd waving American flags.

If made in America flags cost $100 while the Chinese made flags cost $25 you are not going to see as many flags flying. You also won't see those cheap flags they hand out for free at parades

Forum List

Back