Should America lead in science?

Should America lead in science?

• Yes

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
BlSZEJWCAAA-45s.jpg

I have to disagree with you here, Flacaltenn. There is no company in the world that would finance a venture like the first Voyager Probes. Or the first moon landings. Far too expensive, and the return is generations down the road. This kind of exploratory science has been part of our government policy since the Corps of Discovery. There are scientific explorations that need to be done that we know are not going to pay off financially for decades, yet will pay off big time for those that have the lead at that time. We had best be the one with the lead, if we intend to maintain our lead as a nation. And I totally agree with you concerning the fact that all need to have a solid STEM foundation. That is what I find so appalling with our politicians and journalists, is that most have a high school or less foundation in that area.

I have no problem with an agressive space program. As long as its warranted by the science to be learned. Don't need another moon rover unless we plan to camp out there. Space efforts are actually NOT govt run or directed for the most part.. They are managed by govt. It exercises the brains of places like Cal-Tech and Lockheed. But I don't expect giant rewards from doing it. Not for a century or so.. Expensive way to get a dozen papers published.

MEANWHILE, we know less about the Ocean bottoms and ocean ecology on our OWN planet. And we have no real plan for asteroid collisions. And several disciplines that are CALLED science are sorely lacking tools to BE a science. (A vague reference to Psychology side of NeuroScience in order not to offend anyone) It's the fallacy that the Govt can identify and prioritize what frontiers we explore. Left to politicians, it would have to benefit minorities, women and the handicapped first. And all contractors would be selected according to their need. OR their most recent contributions..

There are TONS of bucks in corporate "research" subsidies for stuff that already exists. Probably my one biggest peeve against "big government" and corporate collusion. Take EVERY dollar of that crap and let folks write UNSOLICITED proposals for ideas and projects. And return every other dollar to R&D credits for STRATEGIC corporate/academic research...

None of that giant govt investment "preserves our (questionable) lead in science" if it doesnt get picked up and sustained by private investment..

Do you believe America should lead in science??? A simple yes or no! I think leading in science is an important portion of remaining a world power.

WE MUST INVEST IN IT! Investing in it is grants for research to teaching the next generation science in our schools.
What specific grants are you speaking of?

How about a "Siri" crash program to create a personal assistant that;'s a lot less annoying, and more concerned about YOU than the advertisers who bribe her. A better Siri could tie up those crank callers and pollsters and make them stop calling you.. Or a similar "advisor" for the mentally challenged or mentally ill or the blind?

Do you believe America should lead in science??? A simple yes or no! I think leading in science is an important portion of remaining a world power.

WE MUST INVEST IN IT! Investing in it is grants for research to teaching the next generation science in our schools.
White people have a unreasonable preoccupation with world power.

And that is why we have high living standards and trend to live easier lives. Your people accept low standards and living in crap.

Maybe you should learn something. Don't bitch at us for holding you down if you're not going to try.
You have low standards and you are insecure. Thats why the world is so poisoned now. Let me let you in on a secret. You cant over power Mother Nature. I know your time in the ice age has made you bitter towards her but you need to let it go.
Most American 4th graders have better grammar skills than you.

And that is why we have high living standards and trend to live easier lives. Your people accept low standards and living in crap.

Maybe you should learn something. Don't bitch at us for holding you down if you're not going to try.
You have low standards and you are insecure. Thats why the world is so poisoned now. Let me let you in on a secret. You cant over power Mother Nature. I know your time in the ice age has made you bitter towards her but you need to let it go.
Most dogs have better grammar skills than you do.

better then being a third world hell hole like most of Africa and watching your children die from no food. The truth is science, infrastructure and advancement has always been good for humanity and is good for America.

What specific grants are you speaking of?

Cancer, fusion, new propulsion system to get to other planets. Serious science that advances and benefits humanity....

You have a major problem with contractions.

You have a major problem with reading....dont you?

Thats sweet of you. Is that from your GED prep class?

No. I was simply highlighting your ignorance.

No. I was simply highlighting your ignorance.

How were you doing that and you just learned about contractions?

Forum List

Back