Should America Build One Super Sized Prison In One State?

Depends... Is your goal rehabilitation or expulsion?
If one is not going to change their ways or are just a criminal lunatic then that's where they go. Rehab is for non-criminals. Break the law - pay the consequences. Expulsion - do the crime and do the time.
You obviously have no experience working with troubled youth. Crime is often very cultural and environmental in poor areas that are dominated by gangs. Many children want to get away from the lifestyle but have little to no option on places to go to get away. They often fear for their lives. Mental health is also a large factor for many criminals. If you are truly passionate about this issue I suggest you get involved in a community program, it may open your eyes
If you are so gifted with turning around criminal gang mentality in children and young adults then I think the government could use you in the fight against terrorism. Who knows you may be a a great healer and leader yet to be discovered by the masses.
I never claimed to be gifted in anything, I was simply explaining to you some very real problems that our communities are trying to deal with... I used examples and explained what I was basing my opinions on.... You called me brainwashed and proceeded with an array of insults and sarcastic statements. It's your thread man. Run it however you want
So you don't believe in locking criminals up all together in one institution. You believe that a life is worth saving. You believe that incarceration is not the answer. Why?
I never said that. I totally support criminal justice and locking up criminals. It's a complex situation and many differing factors which I was trying to bring to the conversation

Forum List

Back