Should African-Americans be encouraged to colonize

I find more ignorant White trash in my corner of America. White trash incapable of holding steady jobs, white trash unable to adapt to a culture high than Hee-Haw reruns and professional wrestling. White trash dependent on government entitlements. White trash who drop out of high school only to sleep until the crack of noon then lounge on a urine stained mattress while watching the Jerry Springer Show. White trash who waddle rather than walk because their massive girth prevents a normal human gait. White trash who decorate their morbidly obese bodies with homemade tattoos.

Perhaps they should pack up their tank tops, flip flops and Scooby Doo sheets they use as draperies and immigrate back to whatever Euopean region their families came here from, often of their own will, unlike the immigration of Africans as slave labor for the predecceors of the White trash hillbillies

Unlike American-Africans white folks were not forced to come here in chains....thus I think we owe the descendants of those African-Americans who were brought here as slaves the right and ability to return if they so choose....not even to mention all the benefits that a colonization of Africa by African-Americans would have: great potential there for African Americans with the right kind of support.....which I might go into later.

At this time this thread is being disrupted too much....people are going in all kinds of directions and I am not going to take the time to try and explain the program of colonization as I envision it...just gets too time consuming with all the disruptions.
African Americans were held as slaves. Their complexion made it easy to identify them as slaves.

Slavery ended. But that pesky complexion problem made it easy to repress them politically, economically and socially. The shame of slavery lasted 250 years. The shame of the repression has lasted for another 150. 400 years of repression, and some backward thinking White bogots are incredulous as to why the African American community has not risen to the height some backward thinking bigots believe that the European American community has exclusive command of.

If such backward thinking bigots took a long, deliberative look at the state of their own community and see the flaws some of the economically, socially, politically and educationally repressed White folks live their lives in daily, the idiocy of repatriating African Americans to Africa would be seen, even by the bigots, as patently ridiculous at best, divisive, patronizing and offensive at least and vile, bigoted and destructive at worst.

You simply do not understand what I am proposing. I suggest you read the posts by the American-Africans who have lived there and enjoy it.

That might help you to better understand what I am talking about....and the first thing you need to understand is that those returning would only be those who volunteer to do so...no one would be forcing anyone to go anywhere.
Would the presentation sound something like this?

"Welcome. I'm here to propose that you Black folks move back to Africa. Now, hear me out. I know that you have no connection to the cultures on that continent. I know that that continent is plagued with viral, deadly diseases, political corruption, lack of infrastructure, lack of adequate housing and health care facilities. But, hear me out.

It would be a win-win if you left. You could build that continent to your own liking, once you have solved the myriad of problems I just laid out. And we would be willing to have you enjoy say 3/5 of the wealth and political power you gain after a few generations of hard work and struggle. Doesn't 3/5 have a nice ring to it? Do you think you could go there and solve the problems the colonial powers and a couple generations of NGOs have failed to solve?

And, without you here, we White folks could finally have the nation we always wanted, or at least a nation we imagined. Without you here, the Black voting block would be erased, and since you folks vote Democrat, we White folks could actually gain Conservative political power.

So, you see, we win and you win! What do you say? Ready to uproot yourselves from the United States where you grew up, fought in wars to defend us and created your own vibrant culture in spite of our repression of you? Thanks, by the way for Louis Armstrong, August Wilson, Billie Holiday and Colin Powell, by the way. We're not crazy about Barack Obama and Dr. Martin Luther King, but mistakes were made on both sides."
Again, it is important that, when responding, you first click the '+quote' button and then the 'reply' button. Then type a response.

You are quite off the mark....no other group are as dissatisfied with America as are the African-Americans. There is no racial tension with any other group comparable to that which exists between black and white Americans or between blacks and any other grooup in America be they Asian or Hispanic.

Integration has failed........the media hides the reality of the problems...turn on T.V. and all you see are black lawyers, black doctors and black scientists.....many whites believe that crap...there should be guided educational tours under heavy guard through our black inner city ghettoes...that might wake up some people.
I find more ignorant White trash in my corner of America. White trash incapable of holding steady jobs, white trash unable to adapt to a culture high than Hee-Haw reruns and professional wrestling. White trash dependent on government entitlements. White trash who drop out of high school only to sleep until the crack of noon then lounge on a urine stained mattress while watching the Jerry Springer Show. White trash who waddle rather than walk because their massive girth prevents a normal human gait. White trash who decorate their morbidly obese bodies with homemade tattoos.

Perhaps they should pack up their tank tops, flip flops and Scooby Doo sheets they use as draperies and immigrate back to whatever Euopean region their families came here from, often of their own will, unlike the immigration of Africans as slave labor for the predecceors of the White trash hillbillies

Unlike American-Africans white folks were not forced to come here in chains....thus I think we owe the descendants of those African-Americans who were brought here as slaves the right and ability to return if they so choose....not even to mention all the benefits that a colonization of Africa by African-Americans would have: great potential there for African Americans with the right kind of support.....which I might go into later.

At this time this thread is being disrupted too much....people are going in all kinds of directions and I am not going to take the time to try and explain the program of colonization as I envision it...just gets too time consuming with all the disruptions.
African Americans were held as slaves. Their complexion made it easy to identify them as slaves.

Slavery ended. But that pesky complexion problem made it easy to repress them politically, economically and socially. The shame of slavery lasted 250 years. The shame of the repression has lasted for another 150. 400 years of repression, and some backward thinking White bogots are incredulous as to why the African American community has not risen to the height some backward thinking bigots believe that the European American community has exclusive command of.

If such backward thinking bigots took a long, deliberative look at the state of their own community and see the flaws some of the economically, socially, politically and educationally repressed White folks live their lives in daily, the idiocy of repatriating African Americans to Africa would be seen, even by the bigots, as patently ridiculous at best, divisive, patronizing and offensive at least and vile, bigoted and destructive at worst.

You simply do not understand what I am proposing. I suggest you read the posts by the American-Africans who have lived there and enjoy it.

That might help you to better understand what I am talking about....and the first thing you need to understand is that those returning would only be those who volunteer to do so...no one would be forcing anyone to go anywhere.
Would the presentation sound something like this?

"Welcome. I'm here to propose that you Black folks move back to Africa. Now, hear me out. I know that you have no connection to the cultures on that continent. I know that that continent is plagued with viral, deadly diseases, political corruption, lack of infrastructure, lack of adequate housing and health care facilities. But, hear me out.

It would be a win-win if you left. You could build that continent to your own liking, once you have solved the myriad of problems I just laid out. And we would be willing to have you enjoy say 3/5 of the wealth and political power you gain after a few generations of hard work and struggle. Doesn't 3/5 have a nice ring to it? Do you think you could go there and solve the problems the colonial powers and a couple generations of NGOs have failed to solve?

And, without you here, we White folks could finally have the nation we always wanted, or at least a nation we imagined. Without you here, the Black voting block would be erased, and since you folks vote Democrat, we White folks could actually gain Conservative political power.

So, you see, we win and you win! What do you say? Ready to uproot yourselves from the United States where you grew up, fought in wars to defend us and created your own vibrant culture in spite of our repression of you? Thanks, by the way for Louis Armstrong, August Wilson, Billie Holiday and Colin Powell, by the way. We're not crazy about Barack Obama and Dr. Martin Luther King, but mistakes were made on both sides."

American-Africans have no cultural connection to Africa? Why do you insist we refer to you as African-American? I am sure you have offended a great many American-Africans by claiming they have no cultural ties to the Motherland. Check this out>>>>A Commentary: African Cultural Retentions in Louisiana

Also and again...you need to talk to some American-Africans who have actually been to Africa or lived there. You think Africa is dangerous but those who have been there say it is much safer than Chicago.

Also you should consider that many American-Blacks would love to go back there if they had the opportunity and several reasons for it....many are simply not happy in America in fact they are very angry with America and how the white man has kept them down and all the racism in America...they would love to be around their own people...only natural.

Now of course no one would be forcing anyone to return to the Motherland...only those who want to go would be enabled to do so under the auspices of the program I envision. Many blacks believe they deserve reparations for Slavery....simply not possible. The congress will never approve of that. Yet Congress might be willing to support a movement that encourages and enables blacks to return to the Motherland.

Racial Relations are only getting worse....Integration has failed.....economic opportunities and or even employment simply is not possible for many, many blacks. Incarceration of Blacks is at a staggering level...the conditions many blacks have to endure in the inner cities is simply outrageous. Many are even predicting actual racial warfare. etc.etc. and so on and so forth.

The Black Muslims in America have called for a seperation...a actual state for Black Americans....which of course will not happen...but perhaps a movement back to the Motherland would be possible if enough Blacks could be persuaded it is a viable opportunity.

Educated Black Americans with skills sorely needed in Africa and with the support needed to set up colonies could make a big contribution to Africa as well as pioneering a movement that would improve the quality of life for potentially huge numbers of American Africans who live in poverty in America with little hope for bettering themselves or the lives of their children.

It would be a win-win situation I am convinced. Look at how the downtrodden jews immigrated back to their ancient land...which has no where near the natural resources the huge continent of Africa has....and they were subjected to constant attacks from a alien people with a alien religion that called for their destruction....the conditions for American Blacks returning to their ancestral homeland would be much, much better especially with the support of the American Government.

Once a successful model colony was set up and functioning it would serve as a beacon and example of what could be accomplished by American-Africans in their ancestral homeland.

Forum List

Back