Shots Fired on board Airline - Miami

dmp said:
Yes, that's what you said. And I wrote, that's not an honest-enough account of what happened. Holy Crap - to think you once 'investigated' stuff? :eek:

Hopefully no capital offenses...

ya just want to pick on me today...go for it...maybe you should be investigated for being silly now! :laugh:

Update:

MIAMI - A passenger who claimed to have a bomb in a carry-on bag was shot and killed by a federal air marshal Wednesday on a jetway to an American Airlines plane that had arrived from Colombia, officials said. No bomb was found in the bag, a U.S. official said. Homeland Security Department spokesman Brian Doyle said the dead man was a 44-year-old U.S. citizen. It was the first time since the Sept. 11 attacks that an air marshal had shot at anyone, he said.

According to a witness, the man frantically ran down the aisle of the Boeing 757 while his wife tried to explain that he was mentally ill and had not taken his medication.

The passenger indicated there was a bomb in his bag and was confronted by air marshals but ran off the aircraft, Doyle said. The marshals went after him and ordered him to get down on the ground, but he did not comply and was shot when he apparently reached into the bag, Doyle said.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/12/07/D8EBLNFGC.html

GotZoom said:
Update:

MIAMI - A passenger who claimed to have a bomb in a carry-on bag was shot and killed by a federal air marshal Wednesday on a jetway to an American Airlines plane that had arrived from Colombia, officials said. No bomb was found in the bag, a U.S. official said. Homeland Security Department spokesman Brian Doyle said the dead man was a 44-year-old U.S. citizen. It was the first time since the Sept. 11 attacks that an air marshal had shot at anyone, he said.

According to a witness, the man frantically ran down the aisle of the Boeing 757 while his wife tried to explain that he was mentally ill and had not taken his medication.

The passenger indicated there was a bomb in his bag and was confronted by air marshals but ran off the aircraft, Doyle said. The marshals went after him and ordered him to get down on the ground, but he did not comply and was shot when he apparently reached into the bag, Doyle said.

Geez, why do so many people stop taking their meds? I am reminded of that crazy woman who drowned all of her little kids. Her husband said she stopped taking her meds, too.

Abbey Normal said:
Geez, why do so many people stop taking their meds? I am reminded of that crazy woman who drowned all of her little kids. Her husband said she stopped taking her meds, too.

Oh no they killed Mr. P in Miami? I told him he needed to keep taking his meds.
:teeth:

GotZoom said:
Update:

That poor wife. She must be devastated...

GotZoom said:
Update:

until we know FOR SURE that this guy was in fact bi-polar (which is what a few reports I have heard have said), then the air marshals have no choice but to believe the guy really does have a bomb, especially on an American Airlines flight. You f-around and act like a fruitcake on a plane, expect harsh consequences.

Are the air marshals gonna stop the guy and ask "are you mentally ill? are you just bluffing?" Because what if he is not and says he is, just so they will let him go, and he really does something?

Not only that, is people have already come up with ways to bypass weapons past the screening onto planes. There were 2 invesitgative reports done by one of the local news stations here. With technology changing so fast, and more people getting more creative with inventions of all types, who's to say that this guy couldn't be for real?

How do we know his so-called wife wasn't an accomplice who was just SAYING he was mentally ill? Why didn't she make him take his meds if she knew something like this (the part about his acting out, not being shot) could happen?

We can't afford NOT to take every threat seriously. Even to SAY you have a bomb is a federal offense punished VERY severely.

What if this guy was for real and the air marshal put too much faith in the pre-screening, and the plane ended up as kindling? Then people *cough*mainstream media*cough* would be bitching that security didn't do enough and blah blah blah instead of bitching the guy shouldn't have been shot.

Abbey Normal said:

Many of them have horible side effects or are the improper medication for the person. With the way our country feels about mental illness we may as well shoot them all right now and put them out of their misery anyway. Try living with or treating a mentally ill person and see if you can make them do anything. The laws even forbid them from being forced to take medication.

Let's throw this into the conspiracy theory world...

Wife is tired of dealing with hubby's medical problem. She tells him, before they get on the plane, "You seem to be doing really well today. Let me hold on to your meds..maybe you can go the whole flight without taking one." Hubby wants to please his wife so he goes along with it.

Just as the plane lands, his wife, seeing that he is getting a bit "on edge" because of the lack of his meds, whispers to him, "Honey, don't be scared but I saw someone put a bomb in your bag. You need to get out of the plane and save these poor innocent people." She knows he will jump up and run out of the plane with his bag. He jumps, she screams about his meds and out of the plane he goes.

Man dead, she is "devastated" by what happened..but free of the medical problems she has to deal with being married to him.

Not to mention the potential law suit since there never was a bomb.

dilloduck said:
Many of them have horible side effects or are the improper medication for the person. With the way our country feels about mental illness we may as well shoot them all right now and put them out of their misery anyway. Try living with or treating a mentally ill person and see if you can make them do anything. The laws even forbid them from being forced to take medication.

I did not suggest that you can force a spouse to take their meds. But you can refuse to travel with them if they won't. You can also warn the flight attendants. Keeping quiet and hoping for the best is unwise.

As for side effects, if someone is so severely bi-polar that they are able to lose judgment to this extreme, then then they and their doctor have a duty to try different meds until they get one thast works best for you. It is my understanding, though, that bi-polars stop taking meds because they miss the manic side of the disease.

Abbey Normal said:
I did not suggest that you can force a spouse to take their meds. But you can refuse to travel with them if they won't. You can also warn the flight attendants. Keeping quiet and hoping for the best is unwise.

As for side effects, if someone is so severely bi-polar that they are able to lose judgment to this extreme, then then they and their doctor have a duty to try different meds until they get one thast works best for you. It is my understanding, though, that bi-polars stop taking meds because they miss the manic side of the disease.

I honestly think that the medical and rx profession is to blame for over-medicating..after all, to be honest aren't we all "Bi-Polar" mood swings are normal in all human as well as all of the animal population...my Gd has a friend who is "diagnosed" as a ( bi-polar)...she is basically a good kid, but does have bad days as we all do...it was suspected that she was sexually abused and this is why she has bad days...my gd corrects her when she is off track and annoying and this has a positive effect on her...so in my limited opinion I conclude that peer pressure has more of a positive effect than rx and all the so called professionals...just a thought mind ya!

archangel said:
I honestly think that the medical and rx profession is to blame for over-medicating..after all, to be honest aren't we all "Bi-Polar" mood swings are normal in all human as well as all of the animal population...my Gd has a friend who is "diagnosed" as a ( bi-polar)...she is basically a good kid, but does have bad days as we all do...it was suspected that she was sexually abused and this is why she has bad days...my gd corrects her when she is off track and annoying and this has a positive effect on her...so in my limited opinion I conclude that peer pressure has more of a positive effect than rx and all the so called professionals...just a thought mind ya!
She probably has a mild form of Bi-polar. Moderate to severe bi-polar is a scary thing.

The ClayTaurus said:
She probably has a mild form of Bi-polar. Moderate to severe bi-polar is a scary thing.

so I can only speak from experience gained during my life..I still belive that maybe...just maybe the rx medication moved the person from the "normal" realm to "moderate or "severe" bi-polar diagnosis! Not being a certifiied professional in this field....what the hell do I know! :halo: ;)

Forum List

Back