Shortsighted Labor Unions protesting in France

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
As France is facing the same reality that Greece has, A bloated and unsustainable list of Social Programs. The government is considering moves to try and get a grip on the sky rocketing costs of their public Pension System. They are asking the People to accept moving the retirement age from 60 to 62 and to accept some other minor reforms to the Pension System.

Unfortunately the Labor Unions will have none of it. In the Face of unsustainable costs growing out of control, the Labor parties are simply saying they don't care, and have entered the streets to protest it. They want the tax payers of France to continue to fund their lavish Social Programs and damn the consequences. This is the problem with Labor Unions. Started for the noblest of Ideas, and filling a need we all acknowledge, they have gotten out of control in many cases. Cutting off their noses to spite their faces so to speak.

In a never ending quest to get as much as they can for the workers they represent. They have lost sight of reality in many cases. Demanding the impossible and unsustainable. Here in America they have made Whole industries unable to compete in the global market because of out of control Labor, Pension and Health Care costs, and in Europe they are threatening to send European Nations down the toilet. Stubbornly sticking to their guns, Despite the simply math that shows their Demands are unsustainable. France faces possible ecomomic ruin if something does not change. Yet still they march in the streets and intimidate people.

What good is the best pay and benefits if the company you work for goes out of business because it can not afford to operate any more? What good is the best retirement and pension plans if your Nations goes bankrupt in the process?

The fact that As Nations all across Europe are having to wake up and deal with this issue now, Even as Obama and the Dems push us head first into following their social programs, is amazing.

Last edited:
As France is facing the same reality that Greece has, A bloated and unsustainable list of Social Programs. The government is considering moves to try and get a grip on the sky rocketing costs of their public Pension System. They are asking the People to accept moving the retirement age from 60 to 62 and to accept some other minor reforms to the Pension System.

Unfortunately the Labor Unions will have none of it. In the Face of unsustainable costs growing out of control, the Labor parties are simply saying they don't care, and have entered the streets to protest it. They want the tax payers of France to continue to fund their lavish Social Programs and damn the consequences. This is the problem with Labor Unions. Started for the noblest of Ideas, and filling a need we all acknowledge, they have gotten out of control in many cases. Cutting off their noses to spite their faces so to speak.

In a never ending quest to get as much as they can for the workers they represent. They have lost sight of reality in many cases. Demanding the impossible and unsustainable. Here in America they have made Whole industries unable to compete in the global market because of out of control Labor, Pension and Health Care costs, and in Europe they are threatening to send European Nations down the toilet. Stubbornly sticking to their guns, Despite the simply math that shows their Demands are unsustainable. France faces possible ecomomic ruin if something does not change. Yet still they march in the streets and intimidate people.

What good is the best pay and benefits if the company you work for goes out of business because it can not afford to operate any more? What good is the best retirement and pension plans if your Nations goes bankrupt in the process?

The fact that As Nations all across Europe are having to wake up and deal with this issue now, Even as Obama and the Dems push us head first into following their social programs, is amazing.

Ditto.

Makes you wonder if the Clowns in our Govt are watching whats going on in Europe??

Wonder if the progressives are watching and mayby learning?? Nope. Don't think so.

Last edited:
Has anyone considered the problem of corruption in Europe? Maybe, just maybe, that is a contributing factor in their economic woes. In Greece, for example, a third of their economy is untaxed, Black Market or bribes to officials.

Or is it just easier to pin the tail on the entitlement donkey?

Has anyone considered the problem of corruption in Europe? Maybe, just maybe, that is a contributing factor in their economic woes. In Greece, for example, a third of their economy is untaxed, Black Market or bribes to officials.

So it's the fault of corruption and greed and not unsustainable social Programs eh? lol Did you ever think that that black market and corruption might be a result of an over bearing tax and regulation system? So you think there will be less of it in the US if we follow the European model? Do you really think Greece's Economic problems are due to the black market and have nothing to do with their workers retiring at age 50 with 100% of their salary and virtually free health care? And besides what does Corruption in Greece have to do with Frances growing problems with it's unsustainable Pension and health care system?

Freaking libs lol

Last edited:

So it's the fault of corruption and greed and not unsustainable social Programs eh? lol Did you ever think that that black market and corruption might be a result of an over bearing tax and regulation system? So you think there will be less of it in the US if we follow the European model? Do you really think Greece's Economic problems are due to the black market and have nothing to do with their workers retiring at age 50 with 100% of their salary and virtually free health care? And besides what does Corruption in Greece have to do with Frances growing problems with it's unsustainable Pension and health care system?

Freaking libs lol
30% of the economy goes under the radar and under the tax system. I guess you could afford to ignore that if it makes your tenable argument more palatable. I'm just spit balling here, but let me ask a simple question:" do you get your information from Glenn beck?

Freaking libs lol
30% of the economy goes under the radar and under the tax system. I guess you could afford to ignore that if it makes your tenable argument more palatable. I'm just spit balling here, but let me ask a simple question:" do you get your information from Glenn beck?

glenn Beck? Are you for real? 1 No I have watched his show maybe 3 times ever. 2. Glenn Beck is not even close to the only person who agrees Greece's problems mainly stem from over reaching social programs that simply mathematically can not be sustained with Greece's aging and shrinking population. A problem Most clear thinking Experts agree is about to be repeated all over Europe if they do not curtail their spending.

I am not ignoring it, I am telling you that so many people are going under the radar because of overbearing taxes and regulations in the legal market. So they turn to the black market. That is not the cause of their problems, it is a symptom of them.

It is plain and simple the more you regulate and tax an industry, the more demand their will be for it on the black market. The black market was born the day the first tax was levied. To try and blame Greece's overwhelming Debt problems on the Black market ignores both the cause of their problems and the driving force behind their black market. Which is Big government Liberal economics.

Last edited:
It isn't surprising. The labor movement in Europe doesn't realize that it's model is broken. The math simply does not work.

It doesn't here either. There has to be reform of pension systems throughout the world. Otherwise it will collapse.

Freaking libs lol

glenn Beck? Are you for real? 1 No I have watched his show maybe 3 times ever. 2. Glenn Beck is not even close to the only person who agrees Greece's problems mainly stem from over reaching social programs that simply mathematically can not be sustained with Greece's aging and shrinking population. A problem Most clear thinking Experts agree is about to be repeated all over Europe if they do not curtail their spending.

I am not ignoring it, I am telling you that so many people are going under the radar because of overbearing taxes and regulations in the legal market. So they turn to the black market. That is not the cause of their problems, it is a symptom of them.

It is plain and simple the more you regulate and tax an industry, the more demand their will be for it on the black market. The black market was born the day the first tax was levied. To try and blame Greece's overwhelming Debt problems on the Black market ignores both the cause of their problems and the driving force behind their black market. Which is Big government Liberal economics.
It's not an overbearing tax system, it's an inept tax system! A system ripe with corruption and bribery. Tax collectors accept an envelope in lieu of a tax return form.

They'd be better off rolling out the guillotine.​

guillotine.jpg

Every once in a while the masters need to be reminded that they are no less expendable than the peasants.​

New Topics

Forum List

Back