short film about the situation at Tent City 3 in Seattle. It was filmed in May 2012

This administration is doing the same thing that the Dem's did during the great depression. Thinking that government could create jobs. It hindered the growth of jobs, just like now. It kept us in the depression for 12 years.

Tent city's of the 1930's;

This one and many other's were called Hoovervilles because of President Hoover's policies.

Now this administration is doing the same thing and again we have tent city's.
Talk about repeating history.
Those who ignore or don't know history are bound to repeat it.

Last edited:
your an liar peach

You are the one that needs to study up on our History TM.

Do you remember the Hoover Dam?
It put some people to work but 25% of the nation was unemployed.
Remember the shovel ready jobs? That wasn't so shovel ready?
All Government can create is some jobs not large amounts of jobs, like the private sector does.
Government can not create jobs. The private sector does.

Last edited:
This administration is doing the same thing that the Dem's did during the great depression. Thinking that government could create jobs. It hindered the growth of jobs, just like now. It kept us in the depression for 12 years.

View attachment 19187

View attachment 19188

This one and many other's were called Hootersville because of President Hoover's policies.

Hoovervilles

Obama is not creating modern day hoovervilles.

Republican policy did that

View attachment 19187

View attachment 19188

This one and many other's were called Hootersville because of President Hoover's policies.

Hoovervilles

You are correcting me for typing errors? :lmao:
Start using your spelling tool.

[...]
Based on information I got right from the horse's mouth I believe you are quite mistaken.

My parents survived the Great Depression and what they told us affirms the wisdom and value of FDR's handling of that economic crisis and I have no doubt it's the best way to deal with the present situation.

FDR's make-work programs, the WPA and the CCC, which were supported largely by significant tax increases on the upper income levels, rescued my father, along with many others, from impending poverty, enabling him to support his family throughout the remaining Depression years. Many new industries were created to provide material support to the ongoing work which repaired many roads, highways, bridges and other elements of neglected infrastructure. The bottom line of this effort was a lot of hoarded money being redistributed by a progressive tax increase up to 91%. The circulation of all that hoarded money is what served to re-energize the depressed economy.

[...]
Based on information I got right from the horse's mouth I believe you are quite mistaken.

My parents survived the Great Depression and what they told us affirms the wisdom and value of FDR's handling of that economic crisis and I have no doubt it's the best way to deal with the present situation.

FDR's make-work programs, the WPA and the CCC, which were supported largely by significant tax increases on the upper income levels, rescued my father, along with many others, from impending poverty, enabling him to support his family throughout the remaining Depression years. Many new industries were created to provide material support to the ongoing work which repaired many roads, highways, bridges and other elements of neglected infrastructure. The bottom line of this effort was a lot of hoarded money being redistributed by a progressive tax increase up to 91%. The circulation of all that hoarded money is what served to re-energize the depressed economy.

Mine also came right from the horse's mouth.
Thanks to FDR's policies my grandparents lost their farm because of his policies.
His policy was suppose to save family farms and increase the number of people in farming.
It did just the opposite.
In 1933 25 % of the population lived on farms. In 1933 it had fallen to 23%, my Grandfather being part of that 2%. His policies had dropped family Farms to 15 % in 1950.

If his new deal had worked, unemployment should have gone down.
It didn't .
In 1929 unemployment was at 3 %. It rose to 23% in 1932 and it never dropped below 9% in 1937 and 1940.
We never really recovered until after WWII.

President Obama is doing the same thing by having Government trying to fix things and control things. During FDR it prolonged the depression just like it is now.
Big Government was the problem back then and Big Government is the same problem now.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back