Shopping for a good car with a lot of safety features...

I am in the market of a good safe car to drive. My desires are brake assist, forward collision warning
automatic breaking system, blind spot warning, rear cross traffic alert, lane departure warning and back up camera.

Anyone who knows a great deal about cars care to offer an opinion of what I should look at below $45,000?
Any model Subaru has all those features and more. I have a 2015 Forrester and it's great. One of the highest safety rated cars.
Why would you think a tiny sardine can like a Subaru is "safe" ???
Forester is in the top 10 of all cars in the US.

6) 2016 Subaru Forester
Subaru has been known to run ads touting the safety of its models, and indeed the Forester is one of the top ten safest cars you can buy. Standard equipment includes a rearview camera, antilock disc brakes, traction control, stability control, front side airbags, side curtain airbags, and yes, a driver's knee airbag. Optional safety equipment includes lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control, and collision mitigation. For 2016, Subaru added STARLINK safety packages to the Forester's options menu, which provide communications services such as emergency roadside assistance and automatic collision notification.

The Top 10 Safest Cars | Autobytel.com

I am in the market of a good safe car to drive. My desires are brake assist, forward collision warning
automatic breaking system, blind spot warning, rear cross traffic alert, lane departure warning and back up camera.

Anyone who knows a great deal about cars care to offer an opinion of what I should look at below $45,000?
Any model Subaru has all those features and more. I have a 2015 Forrester and it's great. One of the highest safety rated cars.
Why would you think a tiny sardine can like a Subaru is "safe" ???
If you think any Subary sold today is "tiny", you are totally clueless.

Is this a joke?

What happened to being alert? I dunno if I could concentrate with 57 different warning beepers going on. Enough already. I dunno folks --- sometimes we invent stuff not because it improves anything but just because we can.

This is the second time in as many days I'm agreeing with Pogo.

Weird...

I was ready to make a deal with Buick for a loaded Regal yesterday, but thankfully, my son talked me out of it because I should be excited about it but was not.

On the way home from Nashville, I was sideswiped by another car! If I had been in a new car, it would have been awful! Now I have to wait for the other driver's insurance to call me. It wasn't serious, just sad that it happened. Damage is just scratches along the side.

I am thinking about buying a Cadillac ATS with all of the safety upgrades for I presently drive the 2013 ATS> I haven't had any problems with it, but the ratings for the 2017 are poor! But I am comfortable with that car. Woe is me!

Someone told me about the Infiniti. I don't know much about it. Anyone know of the midsize sedan? I understand it is sleek looking!

Just checked out the Tesla. Very expensive! And it just mentioned the rear camera for safety features. I want more than that. Thank you though.
Maybe I gave ya wrong model.....know they have more than rear cam though no matter what model.....Tesla fires up its Nevada Gigafactory for Model 3 battery production Comes with full auto pilot so must have automatic braking and such Starts at 35 grand take your tax rebates if any add few things ...should be in the ball park

Just checked out the Tesla. Very expensive! And it just mentioned the rear camera for safety features. I want more than that. Thank you though.
Maybe I gave ya wrong model.....know they have more than rear cam though no matter what model.....Tesla fires up its Nevada Gigafactory for Model 3 battery production Comes with full auto pilot so must have automatic braking and such Starts at 35 grand take your tax rebates if any add few things ...should be in the ball park
I went to the website but could not determine what features it has. Would it have the "get up and go" to maneuver on expressways, accelerating to move lanes?

I went to the website but could not determine what features it has. Would it have the "get up and go" to maneuver on expressways, accelerating to move lanes?
Pretty sure acceleration and top speed are more than adequate.

I bought a car! It is the 2017 Acura TLX. Red! Which is what I wanted! It has all of the safety features (7), voice navigation, rain sensors and parchment leather interior. I got $7, 220 off MSRP, .9 financing for 36 months for a $345 car payment which is what I have for my Cadillac ATS, for 60 months.

Although the car was damaged, they took it and will fix it without me selling it on my own. I'm excited. It will be arriving this Friday. It is wonderful to drive. What a load off my mind!

I bought a car! It is the 2017 Acura TLX. Red! Which is what I wanted! It has all of the safety features (7), voice navigation, rain sensors and parchment leather interior. I got $7, 220 off MSRP, .9 financing for 36 months for a $345 car payment which is what I have for my Cadillac ATS, for 60 months.

Although the car was damaged, they took it and will fix it without me selling it on my own. I'm excited. It will be arriving this Friday. It is wonderful to drive. What a load off my mind!
Good car. Keep it between the white lines.!

I'll do my best!

That deal fell through. The sales person made a mistake and followed through with a bogus "offer to buy" document that I never saw until I pressed her for a copy. She even put the wrong date on the document, It was bad.

So, for all of you who responded to my thread, I thank you and am now in possession of new red Cadillac ATS. I had an ATS for the last 4 years and went with the familiar car. It has everything I wanted.

Thank you all for your help!

New Topics

Forum List

Back