Shooting two 6mm’s.

Crixus

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2015
BFE Texas.
Went shooting today. We were shooting Howa’s one in 6.5 creedmore and the other was 6.5x55 Swede. Recoil was nothing to write home about, and both rounds will really reach out there. From the bench both rifles would shoot 3 shot clusters at 300 yards without even trying. If I sell one of these I think it will be the 6.5. I can buy cheap ass privy partisan that will drop any animal I shoot with it for a quarter the cost of the 6.5. They are both accurate, but owning both is redundant in my opinion.

I almost bought a surplus 6.5x55. I'd shot 2 of them and liked the round. I don't remember why I didn't. It was the late 80s and I have been to sleep since then.

I almost bought a surplus 6.5x55. I'd shot 2 of them and liked the round. I don't remember why I didn't. It was the late 80s and I have been to sleep since then.

You won’t be disappointed if you ever come by one. I’m dumping the 6.5 creedmore and keeping the Swede. Cheaper ammo, easy on the gun, and just a fun accurate round.

Keep the 6.5. You will regret getting rid of it one day.
It's like selling the Porsche and keeping the Dodge.

Keep the 6.5. You will regret getting rid of it one day.
It's like selling the Porsche and keeping the Dodge.

The 6.5 creedmore is a hot rod for sure. Just a death ray. I am limited on closet space so I have to thin my stuff. My hunting rarely has me shooting further then 250-350 yards. That’s a chip shot for both rounds, but the speed of the creedmore is just speed. Ammo is way cheaper for the Swede. The 139 grain soft point from Privi is accurate and cheap and plentiful for the Swede to. If I lived further west where I could expect long shots to be the norm the creedmore would stay, but then the Swede ain’t no slouch in that department either. Sad choice to have to make.

Forum List

Back