shooting pollution particles into the upper atmosphere .....

manu1959

Left Coast Isolationist
Oct 28, 2004
california
Associated Press
WASHINGTON -- The president's new science adviser said Wednesday that global warming is so dire, the Obama administration is discussing radical technologies to cool Earth's air.

John Holdren told the Associated Press in his first interview since being confirmed last month that the idea of geoengineering the climate is being discussed. One such extreme option includes shooting pollution particles into the upper atmosphere to reflect the sun's rays. Mr. Holdren said such an experimental measure would only be used as a last resort.
Obama to Look at Climate Engineering - WSJ.com

watch them accidently cause nuclear winter................

This is hardly new. It is basically what volcanoes do. And, yes, the dangers of unintended consequences are extreme. However, if we begin to see the Arctic clathrates boiling out, we may have to consider the extreme.

Ah, the Wall Street Journal.

I remember when they used to be something other than a right wing rag.

This is hardly new. It is basically what volcanoes do. And, yes, the dangers of unintended consequences are extreme. However, if we begin to see the Arctic clathrates boiling out, we may have to consider the extreme.

we could paint everything white.....

Associated Press
WASHINGTON -- The president's new science adviser said Wednesday that global warming is so dire, the Obama administration is discussing radical technologies to cool Earth's air.

John Holdren told the Associated Press in his first interview since being confirmed last month that the idea of geoengineering the climate is being discussed. One such extreme option includes shooting pollution particles into the upper atmosphere to reflect the sun's rays. Mr. Holdren said such an experimental measure would only be used as a last resort.
Obama to Look at Climate Engineering - WSJ.com

watch them accidently cause nuclear winter................

I just love reading the comments to these stories. This one made me :lol:

A person who has never had a job is now in charge of the economy!! A person with no political experience is now president!!

Now, the same person, who studied Harvard Law and got a law degree in an outdated, over pedigreed, liberal PC hand feeding experimental program, is now in charge of the climate!!

He is Nebuchadnesser on speed, LSD and steroids....has anyone figured out just how dangerous this HUMAN is yet???

What I found particularly funny is that he called Obama a 'HUMAN'. :lol:

The funniest irony of this, and it's true of almost all their "solutions", they want to try to fix it by doing exactly what they claim the problem to be.

The funniest irony of this, and it's true of almost all their "solutions", they want to try to fix it by doing exactly what they claim the problem to be.

i thought the problem was too much co2.......what likes co2....plants......why not just plant a bunch of shrubery......or they could make a big co2 vacuum to suck up all the co2

i thought the problem was too much co2.......what likes co2....plants......why not just plant a bunch of shrubery......or they could make a big co2 vacuum to suck up all the co2

The environuts are just making less and less sense every year ... thankfully more people are getting smarter to see this.

Shoot pollution particles into atmosphere to cool Earth, says Obama adviser

John Holdren said that the idea of geo-engineering the climate is being discussed. Options include cloud-seeding and shooting pollution particles into the upper atmosphere to reflect the sun's rays.

"It's got to be looked at," he said, even if such experimental measures were only used as a last resort. "We don't have the luxury of taking any approach off the table."

In a further departure from the Bush administration's policy on global warming, Mr Holdren outlined several "tipping points" involving global warming that could be fast approaching.

Once such milestones are reached, such as complete loss of summer sea ice in the Arctic, the chances of "really intolerable consequences" increased substantially, he said.

Though he characterised the potential need to technologically tinker with the climate as just his personal view, in an interview with the Associated Press he said he had raised it with the White House.

Mr Holdren, a 65-year-old physicist, is far from alone in taking geoengineering more seriously. The National Academy of Science is making climate tinkering the subject of its first workshop in its new multidiscipline climate challenges program. Similar ideas have also been discussed in Parliament.

The American Meteorological Society is crafting a policy statement on geoengineering that says "it is prudent to consider geoengineering's potential, to understand its limits and to avoid rash deployment."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/en...osphere-to-cool-Earth-says-Obama-adviser.html

Last edited:
hey lets just break a bunch of mirrors and send the pieces into orbit

Too late. They already thought of it.

I also heard another solution. They get these huge tubes and put them on the ocean floor. The gas down that deep has what we need. I don't remember if its carbon monoxide or what, but the tubes allow the gas to make it to the surface. Once it reaches the surface, it has a greenhouse effect and it cleans up smog.

Who knows Skull? All we know is if we leave it up to you right wingers, nothing will ever get done.

The environuts are just making less and less sense every year ... thankfully more people are getting smarter to see this.
The amazing thing is that people who thought that Ronald Reagans' "Star Wars" Missile Defense plan wouldn't work seem to believe this one will.
What's the difference really?

We displace the carbon molecule at an alarming rate then try to play mother nature by some turkey shoot idea? We are not thinking clearly.

Copied my post from Global Warming Solution

We displace the carbon molecule at an alarming rate then try to play mother nature by some turkey shoot idea? We are not thinking clearly.

Since we are removing carbon sinks faster (IE cutting tree's and vegetation, but the oceans absorb the most) than we are displacing carbon, producing more carbon sinks makes the most sense, some are mechanical devises to trap carbon.

I don't think you understand how much we in the USA pollute. We make up somewhere near 25% of the pollution, yet we are not 25% of the world's population.

So imagine when China & India and Mexico and Africa start pollutiong as much as we do.

We are fucked!

Global Warming deniers are a joke at this point. But I hope they continue to be so stupid, because here they are again arguing with scientists. Not gonna win elections being this radical.

The debate has moved way past your assumptions. Talking to you is like arguing with someone that the world isn't round.

Forum List

Back