Shooting in Virginia

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
A gunman shot and killed eight people before firing on law enforcement officers and hitting a police helicopter on Tuesday in a thickly wooded area of south-central Virginia, a state police official said. The state police identified the gunman as Christopher Speight, 39. The authorities gathered in Appomattox, Va., near the scene where several people were shot.

Late Tuesday, state police officers said that they thought they had the gunman, whom they identified as Christopher Speight, 39, surrounded in the woods and that he was still alive.

Seven bodies were found in one house, the authorities said, and the eighth victim was found by the side of the road and died on the way to the hospital.

All the victims were adults, the police said.

Police Surround Gunman After He Kills 8 in Virginia - NYTimes.com

Oh my. :(

okay i live in nc..what the fuck is it with the great commonwealth of virginia? seems in the last 5 yrs they have just had a lot of this type of thing....maybe living close to them ...i am just more sensitive to it...

manhunt continues, i'd say he'll not be taken without a fight.

the last time i remember anything like this happening in nc...was the kkk opening fire in greensboro and that was many many years ago...now one thing...nc is a conceal and carry state...we can carry concealed weapons...so you best assume in a room of 10 people....at least 5 are carrying...anything from little inch and half single shot pistol to stuff that will blow a hole in ya the size of a watermelon..

Last edited:
helicopters are not that hard to bring down now are they? i have always had the impression that a helicopter is easy to bring down...not armed...etc.

i could be wrong and i am sure if i am, sunshine will let me know

manhunt continues, i'd say he'll not be taken without a fight.

Ummm that is already in the history of the case. He shot down a police helicopter.
Kinda qualifies as a fight I would think.

I heard attemped to shoot down.

Well the station I caught it on might have been a Fox afilliate. I am not familiar with the TV stations over here.
All I know is what I heard last night.

Forum List

Back