Shooting at Christian University in California Reportedly Kills at Least 1 Read mor

Another lunatic with a gun and a grudge.

yawn

No yawn, this is TODAY's news, Martin is bumped down. Expelled student wanted to kill school administrator, killed whoever he found instead?
The former student who authorities say gunned down and killed several people at an Oakland nursing college held a grudge against school officials, according to Oakland police, was deeply in debt with tens of thousands of dollars in federal tax liens against him and had two deaths in his immediate family last year.

"We've learned that the suspect was upset with the administration at the school," Oakland Police Chief Howard Jordan said today on "Good Morning America."

"He was also upset that students in the past, when he attended the school, mistreated him, disrespected him, and things of that nature. He was having, we believe, some behavioral problems at the school and was asked to leave several months ago.

"We've learned that this was a very chaotic, calculated and determined gentleman that came there with a very specific intent to kill people, and that's what his motive was and that's what he carried out," Jordan added.

Page 2: Oakland Shooting Suspect Had Been Kicked Out of University, Thousands in Debt - ABC News

There were so many red flags ...

Schools and employers need to learn how to identify those who are likely to respond violently when fired, suspended or expelled, and learn how to carry out those actions in a way that defuses and hopefully prevents such incidents.

In 'Gift of Fear', Gavin de Becker explains how these red flags are often overlooked, and gives expert (and common sense) advice on how to handle these situations. He's developed a threat assessment tool designed to help government, businesses, schools and individuals determine the likelihood of a violent response.

Shut the fuck up.
ooh looks like that rock hit a dog square in that pack.

Why, because I call her out for wishing she can use this politically? Always a good day for conservatives when somebody shoots up other civilians eh? Because then they can talk about "well, if there weren't gun restrictions this wouldn't have happened!"
And you continue to prove the point.

I will say though that school shootings are getting far too common

Which is quite perplexing considering they're gun free zones.
I dunno. I guess psychos have figured out that targets that don't shoot back are less difficult?

what happens if one or two other students were armed, or it was at least KNOWN other students could be armed. Would the shooter have flipped out and started shooting knowing he could be shot as well? There has been at least one shooting on campuses since where an armed student has ended the tragedy.

Of course it should be noted that we have no idea why yet (or at least I haven't heard of it yet) he did this horrible thing.

I will say though that school shootings are getting far too common

I dunno. I guess psychos have figured out that targets that don't shoot back are less difficult?

what happens if one or two other students were armed, or it was at least KNOWN other students could be armed. Would the shooter have flipped out and started shooting knowing he could be shot as well? There has been at least one shooting on campuses since where an armed student has ended the tragedy.

Of course it should be noted that we have no idea why yet (or at least I haven't heard of it yet) he did this horrible thing.

NOTE: He could have used a bomb.

Also, most buildings members of the public enter have security.

Very true.

Now here's my big question. What the hell is military doing there????

Oikos University shooting: Seven dead after ex-student launches school massacre in California | Mail Online

article-2124173-12711CE3000005DC-804_634x419.jpg

Very true.

Oikos University shooting: Seven dead after ex-student launches school massacre in California | Mail Online

No idea, maybe before the suspect was apprehended, maybe the military in question had resources local law enforcement did not?

Very true.

No idea, maybe before the suspect was apprehended, maybe the military in question had resources local law enforcement did not?
The point is that the military is supposed to be prohibited from this kind of work IIRC unless for extreme circumstances or natural disaster.

Very true.

Those aren't military.

Blending Into the Background - Article - POLICE Magazine

According to the local news, the shooter was upset because several people made fun of his inability to speak English.

What can we expect when we guide people into being unable to deal with frustration and disappointment? The schools make crazies, then complain when the crazies go crazy.

ooh looks like that rock hit a dog square in that pack.

Why, because I call her out for wishing she can use this politically? Always a good day for conservatives when somebody shoots up other civilians eh? Because then they can talk about "well, if there weren't gun restrictions this wouldn't have happened!"

So, anyone who points out the idiocy of another's post is really admitting that it personally nails them? Gotcha. :doubt:

According to the local news, the shooter was upset because several people made fun of his inability to speak English.

What can we expect when we guide people into being unable to deal with frustration and disappointment? The schools make crazies, then complain when the crazies go crazy.
Too many participant trophies and not enough real world dealing with how to overcome disappointment and valuing achievement, maybe?

So, anyone who points out the idiocy of another's post is really admitting that it personally nails them? Gotcha. :doubt:
What? you don't like leftist projection and irony being pointed out?

I see.

:doubt:

Forum List

Back