Shoot To Kill

Zhukov

VIP Member
Dec 21, 2003
Everywhere, simultaneously.
'Bout freakin' time.

'Shoot to kill', troops told
September 2, 2005 - 2:42PM

Iraq-tested US troops with shoot-to-kill orders were deployed in New Orleans today to restore law and order after days of chaos and looting in the hurricane-devastated city.

Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco said the 300 troopers from the Arkansas National Guard had been authorised to open fire on "hoodlums'' who have been terrorising the flooded city in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.

Their deployment came amid intense criticism of the government for a tardy response to the disaster, which is feared to have killed thousands of people and left hundreds of thousands more stranded and homeless.

"These troops are fresh back from Iraq, well trained, experienced, battle tested and under my orders to restore order in the streets,'' Blanco said.

"They have M-16s and they are locked and loaded.

"These troops know how to shoot and kill and they are more than willing to do so if necessary and I expect they will,'' said Blanco.

Four days after the killer storm slammed into the US Gulf Coast, New Orleans was still plagued by gunbattles and rapes with gangs of looters and carjackers roving the streets and bodies just left lying by the roadside.

Residents reported survivors dropping dead in shelters or gunned down outside the New Orleans convention centre. Hospitals were evacuated after power ran out and helicopters ferrying patients and babies drew gunfire.

"This is a war zone,'' said Melissa Murray, 32, a Louisiana state corrections officer helping in the relief effort.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/shoot-to-kill-national-guard-told/2005/09/02/1125302719627.html

dilloduck said:
No shit---if someone wants to bitch about a late response,there is no need to look further than this so-called Govenor.

Exactly! Points for you! (Well there would be if I didn't have to spread it around some more....)

Forum List

Back