Shoot Them In The Back!

wherewoof

Jan 4, 2017
I heard a story once about a law in Texas. I don't know if it is true or not. But I heard that if some criminal commits a crime against you and you come up with a gun, and they start to run away, it is illegal to shoot them in the back. But I say that's too freaken bad for them! A couple hundred years ago or so, people used to challenge others to duals for the slightest perceived insult. Or pull out swords on the spot and have at it.

I'm not saying we should go back to anything like that. But if somebody committed a crime against you, they deserve to be shot even if they are running away. The only way they should legally be able to live is if they get on their knees and beg for mercy. But even that can be done away with if the criminal might have accomplices around who could intervene. In that case, it should be allowed to do away with at least one threat.

First thing, you don't just "come up with a gun". Second thing, if someone commits a crime against you, in person, and then they turn to flee, you are no longer in danger from them and shooting them would be attempted murder.

I heard a story once about a law in Texas.

The operative word here is "story".

Texas Gun Law

In Texas it is presumed that deadly force was reasonably necessary if it is used against an individual who was unlawfully or forcibly entering or entered into an occupied home, business, or vehicle or is attempting to forcibly remove another against his or her will from an occupied home, business, or vehicle. Deadly force is also presumed to be justified to prevent the commission or attempted commission of murder, aggravated kidnapping, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, robbery and aggravated robbery.

• Banned
First thing, you don't just "come up with a gun". Second thing, if someone commits a crime against you, in person, and then they turn to flee, you are no longer in danger from them and shooting them would be attempted murder.

If indeed such a law exists, the logical reason why is because of people who have "come up with a gun." Next, if somebody committed a crime against you, it means that they have likely done so to others or are likely to do so in the future. So you are either giving justice for an old crime or are preventing a future one. Crime isn't a game. If you are going to do it, be prepared to take the consequences.

Actually you can shoot someone in the back in Texas if he has stolen your property.
When You Can Kill in Texas | TIME.com

• Banned
I heard a story once about a law in Texas.

The operative word here is "story".

Texas Gun Law

In Texas it is presumed that deadly force was reasonably necessary if it is used against an individual who was unlawfully or forcibly entering or entered into an occupied home, business, or vehicle or is attempting to forcibly remove another against his or her will from an occupied home, business, or vehicle. Deadly force is also presumed to be justified to prevent the commission or attempted commission of murder, aggravated kidnapping, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, robbery and aggravated robbery.

None of that covers what is allowed if a criminal is running away from you. Also, what if you are being assaulted and come up with a gun. Causing them to run away. Well that just means that they picked the wrong person to be an asshole to.

I come up with a gun before a crime can happen. It is my right to not to be victim of a crime and I shoot everybody who looks offensive.

I come up with a gun before a crime can happen. It is my right to not to be victim of a crime and I shoot everybody who looks offensive.
Well. look in the mirror!

Actually you can shoot someone in the back in Texas if he has stolen your property.
I would hate to bet my freedom on a time article, if you know what I mean. I'd just think that I was erring on the side of remaining free if I did not shoot a fleeing thief.

...however much I may like to, and he deserve it. ;)

Well. look in the mirror!
The place I live in is full of scum. They have to know any wrong move could be their end. Otherwise, they would do what they want with me.

I would hate to bet my freedom on a time article, if you know what I mean. I'd just think that I was erring on the side of remaining free if I did not shoot a fleeing thief.

Oh I agree,I wouldnt shoot someone in the back unless he'd robbed me with a gun. There have been many accounts of an armed robber turning around and firing a few parting shots.
The Joe Horn case proved you can shoot an unarmed suspect who is stealing property and it doesnt even have to be your property and they were running away from Joe when he let em have it with three shotgun rounds killing both of them.

Man Cleared for Killing Neighbor's Burglars

In times like these, you need to know who your mayor, police chief, and sheriff are, politically.

When three south american/mexicans showed up on my porch claiming car trouble and asked to use my phone I told em fine I'll get the cordless phone. I then noticed one of them was actually holding a cell phone.
The one in back holding the phone realized he'd fucked and that i'd noticed he was holding a phone started forward and begin pushing his way between the two in front.
I then dropped the barrel of the sawed off 870 wingmaster into view and they went ass over tea kettle over the shrubs fronting my door only to jump in the supposedly broke down car and haul ass.
I didnt shoot em because one,the castle doctrine hadnt become law in Texas yet,and two I was laughing so hard I could hardly see straight.

When three south american/mexicans showed up on my porch claiming car trouble and asked to use my phone I told em fine I'll get the cordless phone. I then noticed one of them was actually holding a cell phone.
The one in back holding the phone realized he'd fucked and that i'd noticed he was holding a phone started forward and begin pushing his way between the two in front.
I then dropped the barrel of the sawed off 870 wingmaster into view and they went ass over tea kettle over the shrubs fronting my door only to jump in the supposedly broke down car and haul ass.
I didnt shoot em because one,the castle doctrine hadnt become law in Texas yet,and two I was laughing so hard I could hardly see straight.

Moron! You should have let them have it. I wonder who will suffer next because of your decision.

Forum List

Back