Shogun's 2010 Garden thus far...

Damn, that sounds good. We tried to plant a garden twice in the second lot in back of the house. Both times someone came over the fence at night and stomped everything flat just about the time it was up good. Decided not to try gardening again while I am here. Don't want to end up in prison for killing some idiot.

When we move, depending on what part of Eastern Oregon we end up in, I plan on doing major gardening. The part that I call home has some limitations on what you can plant outside. Frosts early and late. Roots crops do super, tomatoes and large squash don't make it. But down lower, there are areas you can grow watermelons and peaches. And the whole of Eastern Oregon is full of microclimates due to wind currents, altitude, and direction of ground exposure and slope.

Ohh getting beans, summer squash, cukes, zuchinni, taters, etc out of the garden.
Cantelopes and watermelon are blooming.

Garden062520106.jpg

Melons

Thanks, it keeps me out of trouble, keeps my post count down, and we can the hell out of it and eat this stuff year 'round.

Of course we gotta buy the spices, but you are looking at spaghetti sauce, taco sauce, enchilada sauce, tomato soup, pickles, relish, pepper sauce, peas, jelly (jalapeno and pea hull) and several other things that I cant think of at the moment...

Forum List

Back