Shoeless man still shoeless

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
What a surprise.

Officer DePrimo was celebrated on front pages and morning talk shows, the Police Department came away with a burnished image and millions got a smile from a nice story.
But what of the shoeless man?
For days, his bare feet — blistered and battered — were well known. Yet precise details about him proved elusive.
His name is Jeffrey Hillman, and on Sunday night, he was once again wandering the streets — this time on the Upper West Side — with no shoes.
The $100 pair of boots that Officer DePrimo had bought for him at a Skechers store on Nov. 14 were nowhere to be seen.
“Those shoes are hidden. They are worth a lot of money,” Mr. Hillman said in an interview on Broadway in the 70s. “I could lose my life.”
Mr. Hillman, 54, was by turns aggrieved, grateful and taken aback by all the attention that had come his way — even as he struggled to figure out what to do about it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/03/...ess-man-says-hes-grateful-for-boots.html?_r=0

Just think.. some other poor bleeding heart will feel sorry for him... and buy him another pair of shoes....

no i am not surprised on bit.

He's serious. Mofos get killed on these streets for a pair of kicks like that. if he fell asleep, someone might take his shoes. That's probably how he got to wandering around without any at all in the first place.

Forum List

Back