Shoe-Thrower in Iraqi Military Custody, 'Suffering Broken Bones'

Not only that but if a person arrested had recieved broken bones during the arrest what would happen? That person would have recourse here in America. If we are promoting justice and freedom then president Bush needs to get with the program accept the apoligee and let the guy move on with his life.

Interesting. The apology wasn't offered to Bush (at least it is not indicated that it was int he article).

CBS
"White House press secretary Dana Perino said Thursday that she'd seen reports that al-Zeidi had apologized but that she did not know whether Mr. Bush was aware of them.

"The president harbors no hard feelings about it, and the Iraqis have a process that they'll follow," Perino said. "But he did urge them not to overreact, because he was not bothered by the incident, although it's not appropriate for people to throw shoes at a press conference, at any leader."

"It is too late to reverse the big and ugly act that I perpetrated," al-Zeidi wrote in a letter delivered to Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, according to the prime minister's spokesman.
Do you think President Bush is unaware of this?

Do you think President Bush is unaware of this?

Doesn't matter what I think... heck, Bush's press secretary says he doesn't know if Bush is aware of the apology offer or not.

Personally, I don't think Bush cares if an apology is offered or not. He has already asked for restraint in the matter and stated he wasn't bothered by the incident.

Doesn't matter what I think... heck, Bush's press secretary says he doesn't know if Bush is aware of the apology offer or not.

Personally, I don't think Bush cares if an apology is offered or not. He has already asked for restraint in the matter and stated he wasn't bothered by the incident.

I would encourage shoe throwing over passing bullets and bombs.

I'll write president Bush a note. Who knows maybe he can encourage a new trend with a "Please throw shoes instead of strapping bombs to your sons!"

I would encourage shoe throwing over passing bullets and bombs.

I'll write president Bush a note. Who knows maybe he can encourage a new trend with a "Please throw shoes instead of strapping bombs to your sons!"

Great idea! I can tolerate a whole lot of shoe throwing...far more than the "flying planes into buildings" and "blowing yourself up in a crowded place" forms of protest.

How so .. simple question.

You brought up what throwing shoes would be under US law .. which frankly, is kinda' poorly thought out itself.

He is not subjest to US law.

No one said he was subject to U.S. law. Someone made the point that it was assault. Someone said it isn't. I was simply clarifying. If you are unable to read my comments on their face and insist on reading more into them, then I cannot help you. "Assault" is a fairly standard crime in many places across the world. I put in the "U.S." qualifier because I do not know what the Iraqi law is on it.

In any event, it was a clarifying comment. I'm sorry you feel the need to read more into it than that.

Throwing a shoe is an insult in that part of the world. I think its clear he intended to insult Bush, not kill him.

Bush's policies are not popular. No wonder they consider the journalist a hero.

All I have to do is hear Bush open his mouth and I want to throw something too.

Throwing a shoe at anyone is assault (or at least in America it would qualify). The shoe throwing incident should surprise no one. I think Bush shows a lot of balls showing his face in Iraq.

No one said he was subject to U.S. law. Someone made the point that it was assault. Someone said it isn't. I was simply clarifying. If you are unable to read my comments on their face and insist on reading more into them, then I cannot help you. "Assault" is a fairly standard crime in many places across the world. I put in the "U.S." qualifier because I do not know what the Iraqi law is on it.

In any event, it was a clarifying comment. I'm sorry you feel the need to read more into it than that.

I'm sorry you didn't recognize the parallels.

I meant no insult to you, but if throwing a shoe is an "assault" in many places around the world, my question is how should the mass-murder of countless innocent people be classified and shouldn't that be included in the conversation .. which I know goes beyond the scope of your comment.

Forum List

Back