Shoe-Thrower in Iraqi Military Custody, 'Suffering Broken Bones'

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
BAGHDAD — The journalist who threw his shoes at President George W. Bush was handed over to the Iraqi military, an Iraqi official said, as hundreds took to the streets Tuesday for a second day demanding his release.

Muntadhar al-Zeidi suffered a broken arm and ribs after being struck by Iraqi security agents, his brother told AFP on Tuesday.

Durgham Zaidi was unable to say whether his brother had sustained the injuries while being overpowered during Sunday's protest against Bush's visit or while in custody later.

FOXNews.com - Shoe-Thrower in Iraqi Military Custody, 'Suffering Broken Bones' - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

ooohhhhh! :(

This is really a shame. Violence increases more violence. It is a vicious circle.

Ironic how he is screaming for Bush's head for murder and then his own countrymen beat the piss out of him

broken arm and ribs after being struck by Iraqi security agents

his own countrymen my ass. Police brutality is more like it. only a dumb motherfucker would assume that kicking the shit out of this guy made anyone in iraq more favorable to the west.

broken arm and ribs after being struck by Iraqi security agents

his own countrymen my ass. Police brutality is more like it. only a dumb motherfucker would assume that kicking the shit out of this guy made anyone in iraq more favorable to the west.

The police aren't his countrymen?

Wait, Bush said in a free country people could express their opinions in this manner.

Yeah, Iraq is about a free of a country as China is. I'd love to see a woman dressed in some of the skimpy fashions that women dress in here in America in Iraq. Walk around Baghdad in skimpy shorts and watch how long you live.

Wait, Bush said in a free country people could express their opinions in this manner.

Go to the White House and wait for Bush to make a speech in the Rose Garden and throw your shoes at him. See what happens to you. You can express yourself, you just can't commit assault.

Go to the White House and wait for Bush to make a speech in the Rose Garden and throw your shoes at him. See what happens to you. You can express yourself, you just can't commit assault.
It would only be parallel if I threw them at someone like the President of Iran.

Don't mind me, I'm just laughing at the idiocy that is Bush.

Assault?

You must be joking.

Ironic how he is screaming for Bush's head for murder and then his own countrymen beat the piss out of him

This shows you the massive difference between Iraqi's that live and make money inside the Green Zone and Iraqi's who live in the red zone.

I talked to a soldier during Thanksgiving. He confirmed that life for the majority of Iraqi's is SHIT!

The same way the GOP tried to pretend that the economy was fine here at home for 7 years, is the same way they lied about how things were going in Iraq.

The surge worked. Really, what now?

Yeah, Iraq is about a free of a country as China is. I'd love to see a woman dressed in some of the skimpy fashions that women dress in here in America in Iraq. Walk around Baghdad in skimpy shorts and watch how long you live.

Before America occupied Iraq, she was a fairly westernized country- secular in fact. Sharia law did not exist. Women had rights, could pick and chose their apparel...attend the finest colleges and seek gainful employment. Although seen as a barbaric leader by many, Saddam Hussein was very tolerant of other's faith.... Christians, Jews and Palestinians were allowed to live side by side.

Now, I'm not suggesting Americans presence in Iraq dismantled the progressiveness of this country...but our occupation has allowed the Imans more control of society. Christians have now been driven out..as well as the Jewish communities. Women are now subjected to strict Sharia law...

Before America occupied Iraq, she was a fairly westernized country- secular in fact. Sharia law did not exist. Women had rights, could pick and chose their apparel...attend the finest colleges and seek gainful employment. Although seen as a barbaric leader by many, Saddam Hussein was very tolerant of other's faith.... Christians, Jews and Palestinians were allowed to live side by side.

Now, I'm not suggesting Americans presence in Iraq dismantled the progressiveness of this country...but our occupation has allowed the Imans more control of society. Christians have now been driven out..as well as the Jewish communities. Women are now subjected to strict Sharia law...

Correct and correct.

Welcome aboard

His own countrymen are screaming for his release and they've made him a hero.

Throwing a shoe is an insult in that part of the world. I think its clear he intended to insult Bush, not kill him.

Bush's policies are not popular. No wonder they consider the journalist a hero.

All I have to do is hear Bush open his mouth and I want to throw something too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Throwing a shoe is an insult in that part of the world. I think its clear he intended to insult Bush, not kill him.

Bush's policies are not popular. No wonder they consider the journalist a hero.

I agree with you .. but this was also a message for Obama .. who increasingly uses the Bush line on Iraq.

Forum List

Back