Shocking statistics from the CATO Institute

IN a nutshell If you are coming here to make a better life for yourself and your family more power to you and welcome. If you are coming here to collect a welfare check stay drunk or high and pimp out your daughters and ole lady for spending cash stay the hell home we don't want you, we don't need you, and we sure as hell can't afford you.

IN a nutshell If you are coming here to make a better life for yourself and your family more power to you and welcome. If you are coming here to collect a welfare check stay drunk or high and pimp out your daughters and ole lady for spending cash stay the hell home we don't want you, we don't need you, and we sure as hell can't afford you.

Nothing like racist stereotypes from the right.

Oh.....wait....

That's all they do!

Did I happen to mention any race at all. No, I did not, however your ignorant presumption however demonstrates that you are clearly a racist or at least a believer in the stereo types of which you accuse me. Every immigrant is not from south of the border And not every immigrant from sout of the border engages in the activities I mentioned in my last sentence. I don't give a tinkers damn what country you come from what your skin color is or whether or not you speak English, (unless you are trying to sel me something over my telephone during supper).

English is the most difficult language in the entire world to learn.

So I keep hearing... but only from English-speakers that have never become fluent in any other language (which makes them exclusively American). No, English is not the most difficult language to learn. Of course, it is a bit relative - if you're Chinese, it's probably extremely hard - but then German might be even harder for you; however, if you're of European origin, learning English should not be a problem. By my reckoning, one of the reasons why English has become so widespread is not only the fact that it's one of the languages of colonization and business, but also because it is not all that hard to learn.

I've studied French, German, currently I'm studying Swedish and my native tongue is Czech - have perfect understanding of Polish and Slovak as well. Just so you know that I actually know what I'm talking about because I've learned English from scratch when I was 16 years old. At 17, I was in US college. The ONLY reason why people don't learn English is because they explicitly don't want to. There is no other reason or excuse. Of course, one should give them a break and realize how privileged you are that you were born with that language as your mother tongue.

I just wish that among all the anti-immigrant talk that's been going on on this board, someone would take a moment and respect immigrants for all the hardship they had to go through by moving into another country, having to get used to another culture, learning another language - experiencing a total paradigm shift, etc. Many of those that criticize and dislike immigrants the most are some of the laziest, most detestable and close-minded people I've ever met - if they had to move to another country and actually survive, they'd lose their shit the first couple of weeks.

A bit of a rant... sorry... it's 1:30 am here...

Some people, you're obviously one, have little problem with learning and speaking other languages. Usually they learn to speak it before becoming adept at writing it, however. I have a niece who spoke fluent Italian and French before she left high school and now teaches Italian Studies at an ivy league college.

The reason English is difficult is the duplication of words that have no related meaning; the convoluted sentence structure; and the sheer volume of English "words" with which to communicate. The Oxford English Dictionary is 20 volumes. And then there is "American" English--our own words, which sometimes a true Brit doesn't even understand.

Is the English language difficult to learn ? - Science Forums

As I said earlier, immigrants of the same nationality will end to stick together, and when they do, it's obviously much easier to speak their common language.

Immigrants Make More Jobs Than They Take
By Suzanne Smalley | NEWSWEEK

Published Aug 15, 2009
From the magazine issue dated Aug 31, 2009

Lou Dobbs, take note: immigrants are good for our economy.

The most skilled create jobs in technology and engineering, says Duke professor Vivek Wadhwa, who estimates that in 2005 immigrant-founded engineering and tech companies employed 450,000 people and generated $52 billion in sales.

But even the least skilled more than repay their costs in schools and health care. Two highly respected Australian economists, Maureen Rimmer and Peter Dixon, studied the issue for the libertarian Cato Institute.

"The net impact on U.S. households from tighter border enforcement is unambiguously negative," they found, because even low-skilled immigrants expand the economic pie and create jobs farther up the ladder. Cato's Dan Griswold says the study shows a $250 billion difference between the most and least restrictive immigration policies.

Find this article at
Immigrants Create More Jobs Than They Take | Newsweek The Smart List | Newsweek.com

I never had a doubt.

An increasing population is good for our economy.

Plus the Mexicans here are the hardest working people I have seen.

and you are the dumbest fucking moron I have ever seen.

Elvis has his own dictionary he consults.

English is the most difficult language in the entire world to learn.

So I keep hearing... but only from English-speakers that have never become fluent in any other language (which makes them exclusively American). No, English is not the most difficult language to learn. Of course, it is a bit relative - if you're Chinese, it's probably extremely hard - but then German might be even harder for you; however, if you're of European origin, learning English should not be a problem. By my reckoning, one of the reasons why English has become so widespread is not only the fact that it's one of the languages of colonization and business, but also because it is not all that hard to learn.

I've studied French, German, currently I'm studying Swedish and my native tongue is Czech - have perfect understanding of Polish and Slovak as well. Just so you know that I actually know what I'm talking about because I've learned English from scratch when I was 16 years old. At 17, I was in US college. The ONLY reason why people don't learn English is because they explicitly don't want to. There is no other reason or excuse. Of course, one should give them a break and realize how privileged you are that you were born with that language as your mother tongue.

I just wish that among all the anti-immigrant talk that's been going on on this board, someone would take a moment and respect immigrants for all the hardship they had to go through by moving into another country, having to get used to another culture, learning another language - experiencing a total paradigm shift, etc. Many of those that criticize and dislike immigrants the most are some of the laziest, most detestable and close-minded people I've ever met - if they had to move to another country and actually survive, they'd lose their shit the first couple of weeks.

Some people, you're obviously one, have little problem with learning and speaking other languages. Usually they learn to speak it before becoming adept at writing it, however. I have a niece who spoke fluent Italian and French before she left high school and now teaches Italian Studies at an ivy league college.

The reason English is difficult is the duplication of words that have no related meaning; the convoluted sentence structure; and the sheer volume of English "words" with which to communicate. The Oxford English Dictionary is 20 volumes. And then there is "American" English--our own words, which sometimes a true Brit doesn't even understand.

As I said earlier, immigrants of the same nationality will end to stick together, and when they do, it's obviously much easier to speak their common language.

I actually learned how to write before I reached spoken fluency in English. That's the way I work. I'm a highly visual person.

Anywho, check out this wikipeida entry on Czech declension - it's enough of an argument against your 'English as the world's hardest language' theory. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czech_declension

Honestly, I've heard this over and over - and only from Americans - how difficult English is - the most difficult language in ze whoooole woooorrllld. It's a ridiculous claim. Are you trying to make yourself feel better by claiming that your native tongue is 'the hardest', just like you like to claim that your country is 'the greates', the 'best', the 'ultimate' one nation under god? I'm sorry, I have to laugh at that :lol:

Last edited:

I actually learned how to write before I reached spoken fluency in English. That's the way I work. I'm a highly visual person.

Anywho, check out this wikipeida entry on Czech declension - it's enough of an argument against your 'English as the world's hardest language' theory. Czech declension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Honestly, I've heard this over and over - and only from Americans - how difficult English is - the most difficult language in ze whoooole woooorrllld. It's a ridiculous claim. Are you trying to make yourself feel better by claiming that your native tongue is 'the hardest', just like you like to claim that your country is 'the greates', the 'best', the 'ultimate' one nation under god? I'm sorry, I have to laugh at that :lol:

right on. a ridiculous claim.

Forum List

Back