Shocking: Kagan Wont Answer If It's Unconstitutional To Tell People What To Eat.

So she answers first, he modifies the question to ask if we have the power to tell people what they have to eat everyday, she thinks for maybe 4 seconds when he starts talking again and the video cuts out before we can see her response.....you're right, she obviously isn't qualified due to this overwhelming evidence.

What video are you looking at, because that's not at all what happened. It shouldn't have taken her more than half a second to say no to his question. What's there to think about? The Constitution doesn't give the Federal government the right to be authoritarian.

That's actually exactly what happened. Just because you don't like the way she responded, doesn't change what actually happened on the video.

We're talking about two different parts of the video. I'm talking about beginning. I think you're talking about the end.

Either way, it doesn't make any difference. Coburn was referring to the Commerce Clause throughout the video. He stated it at the beginning and again at the end. She knew what he was asking her. Her response at the beginning should have simply been no, the government doesn't have the authority to tell people what to eat every day. It's a no brainer.

She wouldn't answer Senator Coburns question if it unconstitutional for congress to tell us what to eat. What does that tell us about her? It's just like the government telling us we have to purchase health care. Kagan stuttered and had no answer whether it violated the Commerce Clause. People need to wake up and jump on this. Call your senators and tell them that this woman can't be seated on the Supreme Court. This woman will not be faithful to the Constitution. She is not qualified to be seated because she rejects the Constitution and a politcal hack will do everything for her unconstitutionally qualified President and she wants to expand the federal government.

Listen to this radical:

YouTube - Kagan Declines To Say Gov't Has No Power to Tell Americans What To Eat

The real shocker here, is this is at least the second thread made for this video and third discussing it. I mean really now, we've been through this already. We don't know what her answer is based off that video because the video cuts off before we hear her fully respond.

What video are you looking at, because that's not at all what happened. It shouldn't have taken her more than half a second to say no to his question. What's there to think about? The Constitution doesn't give the Federal government the right to be authoritarian.

That's actually exactly what happened. Just because you don't like the way she responded, doesn't change what actually happened on the video.

We're talking about two different parts of the video. I'm talking about beginning. I think you're talking about the end.

Either way, it doesn't make any difference. Coburn was referring to the Commerce Clause throughout the video. He stated it at the beginning and again at the end. She knew what he was asking her. Her response at the beginning should have simply been no, the government doesn't have the authority to tell people what to eat every day. It's a no brainer.

The Government has Zero business telling people what to do with and how they exercise their liberty...period.

We might all consider thanking the two posters above for their 'considered' opinons. If they would be so kind as to post their CV's so all of us might know which law school they attended and the extent of their law practice on Constitutional Issues.
On a more serious note, Alabama Sen. Sessions is an embarrassment to all Americans; is he the best and the brightest Alabama can offer?

Hey Dipshit...they are CITIZENS and are quite qualified to express what they wish.

You can take your Elisist browbeating horsepuckey and shove it up your ass.

Got it ACE?

You mean that you are a joke. A yapping dingleberry, never backing up his shit claims with real information.

T, people like you are a pox on real political debate.

We might all consider thanking the two posters above for their 'considered' opinons. If they would be so kind as to post their CV's so all of us might know which law school they attended and the extent of their law practice on Constitutional Issues.
On a more serious note, Alabama Sen. Sessions is an embarrassment to all Americans; is he the best and the brightest Alabama can offer?

Hey Dipshit...they are CITIZENS and are quite qualified to express what they wish.

You can take your Elisist browbeating horsepuckey and shove it up your ass.

Got it ACE?

Lighten up, Francis :eusa_eh:

She wouldn't answer Senator Coburns question if it unconstitutional for congress to tell us what to eat. What does that tell us about her? It's just like the government telling us we have to purchase health care. Kagan stuttered and had no answer whether it violated the Commerce Clause. People need to wake up and jump on this. Call your senators and tell them that this woman can't be seated on the Supreme Court. This woman will not be faithful to the Constitution. She is not qualified to be seated because she rejects the Constitution and a politcal hack will do everything for her unconstitutionally qualified President and she wants to expand the federal government.

Listen to this radical:

YouTube - Kagan Declines To Say Gov't Has No Power to Tell Americans What To Eat

did not get to view the video, but I would imagine that Kagan CAN NOT answer any questions asked of her that is going through the process of litigation....whether it be the health care plan, or abortion or food.....she can't respond or should not respond, it will give reason for her to have to recuse herself if she makes it to the SC...

The Government has Zero business telling people what to do with and how they exercise their liberty...period.

Except with abortion and gay marriage, right?

I don't find anything particularly telling in this clip. Kragen is right, it would be a dumb law, and there are lots of dumb laws that aren't un-Constitutional.

I wasn't impressed by that Coburn. He seemed to be using this opportunity for a little self-promoting political grandstanding.

Don't we have a surgeon general? Is that an unconstitutional position? Do we have a health department? Are those jobs unconstitutional as well?

Have both been in operation through both democrat and republican administrations in the past?

Is this just another stupid assed wedge issue?

Do large and small fur bearing creatures shit in the woods?

This shitbag liberal about to be put on the SCOTUS doesn't even believe in the Declaration of Indenpendence....

The fact that we as a nation came together every year to celebrate this document might lead many Americans to believe that a Supreme Court Justice should take the Declaration of Independence into account when they are interpreting the Constitution. Elena Kagan is not one of those Americans. Under questioning from Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK) yesterday, Kagan admitted: “To be honest with you, I don’t have a view of what are natural rights independent of the Constitution.”

Morning Bell: The Limitless Power of the Obama-Kagan Congress | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News.

She really is a clone of Obama. This is her version of voting "present".

This shitbag liberal about to be put on the SCOTUS doesn't even believe in the Declaration of Indenpendence....

The fact that we as a nation came together every year to celebrate this document might lead many Americans to believe that a Supreme Court Justice should take the Declaration of Independence into account when they are interpreting the Constitution. Elena Kagan is not one of those Americans. Under questioning from Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK) yesterday, Kagan admitted: “To be honest with you, I don’t have a view of what are natural rights independent of the Constitution

Morning Bell: The Limitless Power of the Obama-Kagan Congress | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News.

You must be one of those stereotypical people that the righties on here say "Well, he must of gone to a public school."

The fact that we as a nation came together every year to celebrate this document might lead many Americans to believe that a Supreme Court Justice should take the Declaration of Independence into account when they are interpreting the Constitution. Elena Kagan is not one of those Americans. Under questioning from Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK) yesterday, Kagan admitted: “To be honest with you, I don’t have a view of what are natural rights independent of the Constitution

So, she thinks that rights are only derived from the Constitution. She would be correct. The purpose of the Declaration was to announce and explain the colonies decision to declare... independence from Great Britain. It was written over a decade before the government and country as we know it was set up.

The fact that we as a nation came together every year to celebrate this document might lead many Americans to believe that a Supreme Court Justice should take the Declaration of Independence into account when they are interpreting the Constitution. Elena Kagan is not one of those Americans. Under questioning from Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK) yesterday, Kagan admitted: “To be honest with you, I don’t have a view of what are natural rights independent of the Constitution.”

So, she thinks that rights are only derived from the Constitution. She would be correct. The purpose of the Declaration was to announce and explain the colonies decision to declare... independence from Great Britain. It was written over a decade before the government and country as we know it was set up.

The purpose of the Declaration was far more than just announcing independency from Britain. It declared that all men had certain rights, endowed by their Creator. Not rights granted by a government, democratic, republican, or otherwise.

The reason Scarborough said that was because of these two particular experiences in her history. She is also brilliant.

Yea, she is so "brilliant" she can't even answer a direct question, which most 5th graders could answer.

I guess its similar to when the Hussein can't make a decision, he's just being "nuanced."

090108_Juris_KaganTN.jpg

doesn't look like Kagan is much of a culinary discriminant to me........~S~

Forum List

Back